unanswered supplications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unanswered supplications

assalam walaikum,if a person supplicates to allah to grant him a pious wife but he does not get it as he expected,does that mean allah didnt gave him what he asked for?i know that supplications are granted either in this world or in the hereafter,does that mean we should get bad things in the world and all good in the hereafter?..similarly if a person prays for guidance of a particular person but that person dies withot receiving guidance does that mean supplication were unanswered?As we know that allah does what he likes,then why do we need to make dua to allah if he will do as per his will?

Re: unanswered supplications

Originally posted by ammshaikh View Post
    assalam walaikum,if a person supplicates to allah to grant him a pious wife but he does not get it as he expected,does that mean allah didnt gave him what he asked for?i know that supplications are granted either in this world or in the hereafter,does that mean we should get bad things in the world and all good in the hereafter?..similarly if a person prays for guidance of a particular person but that person dies withot receiving guidance does that mean supplication were unanswered?As we know that allah does what he likes,then why do we need to make dua to allah if he will do as per his will?
    We will understand the wisdom on the day of judgement, insh'allah. It's not that it goes unanswered, Allah (SWT) just knows what is better for you than you yourself knows.
    “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
      We will understand the wisdom on the day of judgement, insh'allah. It's not that it goes unanswered, Allah (SWT) just knows what is better for you than you yourself knows.
      I have heard that many times and then I think the best Dua we can ask is to ask Allah to give us whatever is the best for us, no specifics as we don't know what is the best for us.

Comment

Walekum asalaam brother,

A believers duaa is never left unanswered so long as the duaa meets 3 conditions. The prophet :saw: narrated these 3 as:

1) the duaa is for something lawful/halal
        2) the duaa is not regarding breaking kinship/relations
        3) the person making duaa does not become hasty

It was asked "what is meant by being hasty?". To which the prophet :saw: replied, it is when a believer says "I made duaa and I made duaa but Allah never answered it" bascially when one becomes impatient and gives up.

Furthermore we know that Allah swt answer the duaa of his slave in 3 possible ways:

1) he grants him what he wants
        2) he grants him better/saves him from a calamity
        3) he saves it for him for the akhirah

And we know that the duaa being saved for our akhirah is the hardest to swallow yet is the most beneficial for us, so much so that a slave on the day of judgement will wish none of his duaas were answered in the duniya but left for his akhirah.

Never lose hope akhi, Allah loves the one who nags Him and persistently asks and you will not be disappointed inshaAllah.
        God has created Angels with reason but having no desires; animals with desires but no reason and man with both reason and desires. Therefore, if one’s reason is stronger than his desires, he is like an Angel,
        while if his desires are stronger than his reason, he is like an animal.

- Ibn Al-Qayyim

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ

Comment

Working...
        X