Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay to follow Islam just because the culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay to follow Islam just because the culture?

I'm really loving the Islamic culture, I love everything about it! 4 wife's, Niqab, Mecca praying 5 times a day and saying Allahakbar all the time is awesome! I even love sharia law and especially the rules I been missing out all these years even though I'm only 17 I don't care what it takes to be a Muslim I'm in!

Re: Is it okay to follow Islam just because the culture?

ok, people come to learn about Islam for all sorts of different reasons, but the only reason you should accept it is belief in Allaah, His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and the teachings of Islam.

So do you believe in Allaah?
    Do you believe that Muhammad (pbuh) was a true Prophet and the final one sent to mankind?
    FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexmerican View Post
      I'm really loving the Islamic culture, I love everything about it! 4 wife's, Niqab, Mecca praying 5 times a day and saying Allahakbar all the time is awesome! I even love sharia law and especially the rules I been missing out all these years even though I'm only 17 I don't care what it takes to be a Muslim I'm in!
      4 wives isn't up for grabs just like that.

Other than that its good to see you love everything of Islaam. Join in. Not like anyone is going to stop you.
      Watch those eyes

Comment

Is it okay to follow Islam just because the culture?

Women are not tools in islam, you look at them as they are slaves for men. Marrying four women you'll get your 4 responsibilities, and these responsibilities aren't easy all. Women might look weak, but they will make you experience hell and there is no escape.
        “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

First: you should only join Islam if you believe there is only 1 God and that Muhammad (PBUH) is the final messenger.
          Second: In Islam, women are treated as precious pearls. We are not objectified, we are not toys. Try to treat us as one, and you'll regret it.
          Third: Niqab isn't required and is the woman's decision. Remember, you'll be expected to dress modestly as well.
          Fourth: yes, saying "God is great" all the time is great.

Join Islam if you want, just don't back out when things get difficult.
          “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
            Women are not tools in islam, you look at them as they are slaves for men. Marrying four women you'll get your 4 responsibilities, and these responsibilities aren't easy all. Women might look weak, but they will make you experience hell and there is no escape.
            Now now... Just remember to choose your poison wisely.

Comment

Wut? They'll make my experience hell? And There is no escape, our we on the same page? :O

Comment

Wut? They'll make my experience hell? And There is no escape, our we on the same page? :O
                forget this debate about women it isnt important
                what is important is a concept called tauheed (i guess you could roughly translate it as the oneness of god)
                the core concept of al islam is that nothing and i repeat nothing has the right to be worshipped but the creator alone
                this is where other religions including atheism have gone astray ass they all ascribe partners to the creator in some shape or form
                i guess you could some it up worship the creator not the creation
                this is the core message all of the prophets including adam, moses jesus and muhammed peace be upon them all called to
                alhamdulilah there is a lot of beauty in the shariah of Allah and im glad you dont inshaallah have the shackles on your mind most people get from the media but this is a secondary issue
                do you have any issues with worshipping your creator alone without any partners?

also have a look at this website they have a lot of helpful articles on islam
                www.islamreligion.com
                The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
                ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Is this legit?

Comment

Mex, you love it as it is attractive to your fitrah!; the innate nature as Islam is the Truth from God!

so all you need to do is realise that; once your sure Islam is the truth from God then your most welcome to come in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
                      Now now... Just remember to choose your poison wisely.
                      Nah, just need to build the right resistance!
                      “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

"""do not follow what you do not know. the hearing, sight and heart about all these you shall be questioned.""" (Quran 17:36)
                        Note: I am a shia.

Comment

Nah, just need to build the right resistance!
                          Good for you. All the best.

Comment

Sorry guys but I don't know why the OP was frowned upon ...

He did not say anything haram. If a man wants 4 wives, so be it, as long as there are enough women, and it's permitted by the law of the land (which i doubt it would be), then what's the problem?

Koran 5:87 (Pickthall translation): "O ye who believe! Forbid not the good things which Allah hath made lawful for you, and transgress not, Lo! Allah loveth not transgressors."

Also, let's face it, very few people will have a true faith after going through the rigours of life, so it's fair if there are many roads into a religion. Hopefully those with true faith might intercede for those who at least did what was asked of them, e.g. worship and fasting.

Hudhayfah ibn al-Yaman said, "The Prophet said, 'Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until there will be no-one who knows what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are. The Qur'an will disappear in one night, and no ayah will be left on earth. Some groups of old people will be left who will say, 'We heard our fathers saying la ilaha illa Allah, so we repeated it.' ' Silah asked Hudhayfah, "What will saying la ilaha illa Allah do for them when they do not know what prayer, fasting, ritual and charity are?" Hudhayfah ignored him; then Silah repeated his question three times, and each time Hudayfah ignored him. Finally he answered, "O Silah, it will save them from Hell", and said it three times. [Ibn Majah]

(thanks Google!)
                            Last edited by daniel_agnostic; 18-09-15, 09:02 PM.
                            Every normal person makes mistakes, therefore too much religious disputation is vain and egotistical - goodbye Ummah.com. Peace be upon you.

Comment

Originally posted by ALAS View Post
                              """do not follow what you do not know. the hearing, sight and heart about all these you shall be questioned.""" (Quran 17:36)
                              This pertains to matters within religion i.e. matters within religious knowledge, I'm guessing. Someone within a religion might never know Islam is the truth, but they might believe it, so I don't think it's an injunction against joining Islam without having read 12310 books.

I put it to you that the verse means we should not follow such things upon which there is doubt, even if we believe in them, we must not say "this is now part of the religion". For example, someone might say "The 2nd Caliph was visited by an angel". OK, but if there is no firm record of that, it's fine if you believe it, and it's fine if I don't believe it, because it doesn't contradict the religion. But then, if someone said: "It is the highest truth, it is a tenet of the religion, to say the 2nd Caliph was visited by an angel" then it is declaring something as knowledge (= the highest truth = a tenet of religion) that isn't actually confirmed anywhere as such. That's how sects are made.

Koran 30:31-32 (Pickthall translation) - "... be not of those who ascribe partners (unto Him); Of those who split up their religion and became schismatics, each sect exulting in its tenets."

Koran 42:14 (Pickthall translation) - "And they were not divided until after the knowledge came unto them, through rivalry among themselves; and had it not been for a Word that had already gone forth from thy Lord for an appointed term, it surely had been judged between them. And those who were made to inherit the Scripture after them are verily in hopeless doubt concerning it."

Honestly I don't see how Koran 17:36 (Post #12) forbids people to join the religion because they are not grade A-star believers. What about simple folk who take sheep out to fields and come home with the sheep and sleep and do the same the next day, never reading a book in their lives? Are they excluded for not putting in study time?

Note: God knows best what the intent of the OP was, but he didn't say anything explicitly bad.
                              Last edited by daniel_agnostic; 18-09-15, 11:26 PM.
                              Every normal person makes mistakes, therefore too much religious disputation is vain and egotistical - goodbye Ummah.com. Peace be upon you.

Comment

Working...
                              X