expectations from allah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• expectations from allah

Assalam walaikum.as allah has stated in hadith qudsi that "I as my slave thinks of me",we all expect good from allah and having a bad opinion of allah is a sin,so why does allah doesnt do things as we expect from him,i mean all that is good for us,for e.g
    if a person expects from allah that allah will never harm him,never give him trouble,bless him with all the good things of the world but his wish doesnt get fulfilled,so it means that allah did against that person's expectations?i mean such type of situations happens to everyone so how does he view his lord?

Re: expectations from allah

the expectation has to be genuine and from the heart, for example, if we commit a great sin then we expect some kind of punishment don't we, at the least some blessings taken away?, so we get that; when we do righteous deeds we expect blessings so we get that; we cannot just expect using our mind only [and not what we instinctively expect from our hearts] and say to ourselves, I expect a million pounds and expect to get that!

to expect Allah will never harm us is foolhardy for us sinners; we are sinning left right and centre basically so ofcourse we will experience some type of harm sometime or another

Comment

Re: expectations from allah

Originally posted by ammshaikh View Post
      Assalam walaikum.as allah has stated in hadith qudsi that "I as my slave thinks of me",we all expect good from allah and having a bad opinion of allah is a sin,so why does allah doesnt do things as we expect from him,i mean all that is good for us,for e.g
      if a person expects from allah that allah will never harm him,never give him trouble,bless him with all the good things of the world but his wish doesnt get fulfilled,so it means that allah did against that person's expectations?i mean such type of situations happens to everyone so how does he view his lord?
      Assalamualaikum,
      Bismillah,
      Not all of things that we think its good for us are good in Allah's view. We think/expect it is good for us, but it is not.

AllahuAlam

Comment

Working...
      X