How to start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to start?

Hi, I became interested in the religion recently. I do not have any knowledge about it, so I wrote to inquire what are the requirements to go to the religions?

Re: How to start?

What would you like to know about Islam specifically?

To start of, Islam has several main tenets and every Muslims must believe in them:

1 - Belief in Allah سبحانه وتعالى (as the One and Only God without any partners, associates, sons, etc.)
    2 - Belief in the Angels
    3 - Belief in the Revealed Books
    4 - Beleif in the Messengers
    5 - Beleif in the Day of Judgment
    6 - Beleif in Preordainment (Good and bad)
    7 - Beleif in Life After Death

Islam has 5 pillars:

1. Declaration of Faith: "There is none worthy of worship except God and Muhammad is the messenger of God."
    2. Salah (Praying 5 times a day)
    3. Zakat (Obligatory Charity)
    4. Sawm (Fasting during the month of Ramadan)
    5. Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah - that was to be done at least once in your life if you can afford it)

Holy Quran is the Holy Book of Islam and Prophet Muhammad :saw: is the central figure of Islam and he is the example for all Muslims to follow.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Ania18 View Post
      Hi, I became interested in the religion recently. I do not have any knowledge about it, so I wrote to inquire what are the requirements to go to the religions?
      Hey :)
      I'm going to expand a little on what .mirror. said. (in case some stuff is a little confusing)

Allah is just the Arabic word for 'God'. So belief in one God.
      The Revealed Books are: The Qu'ran, Torah, Zabur (revealed to David), and Injil (which is the gospel)
      The Messengers are every proohet mentioned from Adam to Moses to Jesus to Muhammad. Basically, all the prophets of the Bible.
      “Ask forgiveness from your Lord. Indeed! He is Oft-Forgiving.” (71:10)

Comment

Sister, Allah is not just an Arabic word for God. Allah is the NAME of the One and Only God.

Arabic word for god is "ilah."

I know that can be confusing because English speaking Muslims use that interchangeably.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
          Hey :)
          I'm going to expand a little on what .mirror. said. (in case some stuff is a little confusing)

Allah is just the Arabic word for 'God'. So belief in one God.
          The Revealed Books are: The Qu'ran, Torah, Zabur (revealed to David), and Injil (which is the gospel)
          The Messengers are every proohet mentioned from Adam to Moses to Jesus to Muhammad. Basically, all the prophets of the Bible.
          Isn't the arabic word for 'god' Ilah?

Comment

this site is good to learn about islam
            www.islamreligion.com
            they also have a live q&a section on the site for you ask questions
            The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
            ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Assalamu alaikum, Ania you could start learning about the basic beliefs of Islam, what is it about and the history, Who was prophet Muhammad...
              I recommend that you watch this video section by section, its very brief. If you watch it in one go, it will just take 1.5 hours!
              watch
              Amazing Youtube and facebook page made by Muslims!
              gotta subscribe and check out the videos and News posts!
              like https://www.facebook.com/info.truefaceofislam
              https://www.youtube.com/user/ncapcs?sub_confirmation=1

Comment

Thank you very much, I count myself and Let's watch, I cordially greet.

Comment

Thank you very much, I count myself and Let's watch, I cordially greet.
                  Best start is at your local mosque. You'll find many sisters of your age and they will guide you also in addition to online stuff. I can recommend islamicfinder.org for praying and finding local moques. Welcome to Islam sister; welcome to religion of peace. Greetings from HASAN in Regina, Canada

Comment

Where do you live ?

Comment

Atheists zeroed her Rep Power? Something wrong with the rep system if they can do that. I've seen this on another thread, where a Christian guy said he liked Islamic things, he ended up with zero rep, and i think all of his posts were on that thread and nothing was wrong with what he said.
                      Every normal person makes mistakes, therefore too much religious disputation is vain and egotistical - goodbye Ummah.com. Peace be upon you.

Comment

Thank you for your comments, I live in Poland, exactly in Warsaw.

Comment

http://www.centrumislamu.pl/

Centrum Kultury Islamu
                          Wiertnicza 103, Warszawa, Poland
                          +48 22 842 91 74

Comment

Working...
                          X