Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Islam the only religion with action chain of transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Islam the only religion with action chain of transmission?

Asalamualakum 2 questions
    before i ask the questions what i mean by action chain like we pray 5 times today we did not pick up a book and teach ourselves it was passed down as action like from parent and the parent learnt from their parents and so on till the prophets time. Or another e.g reciting Quran like i learnt Quran from my teacher he learnt from his teacher so on till the prophets time.

1st question is that true like i recite Quran and its a chain that goes right back to the prophets time.
    Not just Quran like fasting, praying, like its passed down from the prophets time to now.
    Or even tawaf

2nd does any other religion actually have an action chain that goes back to their main person. Im not aware like jews today dont have a chain back to Moses Christians dont have c hain that go back to Jesus Hindus dont have an action chain that goes back to Krishna and so on

Re: Is Islam the only religion with action chain of transmission?

I don't really follow your question. Could you rephrase it?
    "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

I think OP is asking if any other religion uses Isnad to authenticate scripture and teaching.

Not entirely sure, but I think the early Christians also had a similar system. They had six chains, of which they conveniently chose the two that fit their beliefs.

1. John (?) - Polycarp - Irenaeus (Approved by the Church. But the problem is that there were four or more "Johns" they don't know which one was the original teacher)
      2. John (?) - Papias - Irenaeus - Eusebius (Approved by the Church. But same problem as above. We don't know which "John". They say it is probably John the Elder)
      3. Disciples of Jesus (Which ones?) - Paul - Judas - Valentinus (Heretical. Mostly teachings about Messiahship of Jesus. Considered Heretical because Valentinus was a Gnostic.)
      4. Peter (disciple of Jesus) - Glaucias - Basilides (Heretical. Teaches that Jesus was never crucified, which Muslims agree with, but Christians do not. Again, Gnostic.)
      5. Matthew (disciple of Jesus) - Glaucias - Basilides (Heretical. Teaches that Jesus was never crucified, which Muslims agree with, but Christians do not. Again, Gnostic.)
      6. Peter + John (the disciples of Jesus) - Simon Magus (Heretical. Because Simon Magus was accused for practicing witchcraft. Probably Gnostic.)

I also believe Catholics have a similar process, but going back to second century Church fathers (not to Jesus [عليه السلام], or the apostles themselves).

Not aware of any other religious tradition that uses Isnad, and when they do, they're no where near as rigorous as Islam is.
      Last edited by karkooshy; 26-08-15, 10:32 AM.

Comment

like i recite Quran i learnt how to recite from my teacher and my teacher learnt from his teacher and his teacher learnt from his teacher all the way back to the prophet. So their is a full chain even though we dont know the names but we have a chain back to the prophet Muhammad pbuh. Does any other religion have a practice which they do today which has a chain to their original founder.

Comment

as all other religions are distorted beyond recognition from their originals, then yes Islam would be the only religion with A C T

Comment

Working...
          X