I Need help closing family ties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need help closing family ties

I am fairly new to Islam and I recently found out a Muslim that dies with broken ties will not enter paradise, and will earn the curse of Allah in the dunya and in the afterlife. After finding this out I've become very depressed, because I'm not sure how to close my family ties. My family are not Muslims and we dont have much in common, and I'm afraid they will judge me. Any advice will be appreciated..

Re: I Need help closing family ties

What you mean close family ties?

If you are looking to be on good terms with them, then gift them gifts, be respectful to them, have good manners, invite them to Islam, do halal activities with them, etc. Doesn't necessarily have to do with Islam, but can be just general things.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Hafeez1 View Post
      I am fairly new to Islam and I recently found out a Muslim that dies with broken ties will not enter paradise, and will earn the curse of Allah in the dunya and in the afterlife. After finding this out I've become very depressed, because I'm not sure how to close my family ties. My family are not Muslims and we dont have much in common, and I'm afraid they will judge me. Any advice will be appreciated..
      First, welcome to Islam and to the forum.
      I'm a little confused on the need to close family ties? I get that they're not Muslim but that's not really a reason. Like, at all.
      You do need to tell them you're Muslim. If they choose to not have you in their life, then I believe that's on them. The families of most reverts are judgie (is that a word?) at first but they'll most likely come around eventually. Simply show them how Islam has improved you and has made you grow as a person, a son, a brother, etc.

Comment

Hi Sofia.
        You said you dont understand why I should fix my family ties, if I read it correctly. Well because Allah warns us on breaking ties with family, and there are many hadiths that also describes the punishment of breaking ties. I think what you said about showing them how Islam has improved my life is a great idea, thank you!

Comment

I always like to align with this global world although I am old.
          Anyways, to me family means the muslim world of all nations, languages, genders, race, ethnicity.

Family ties happen if the Heart is in the right place!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_tjxz4yS_U

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X