Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay for a Muslim girl to go university?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is it okay for a Muslim girl to go university?

Originally posted by researcher123 View Post
    Also, it doesn't say a man walking in an alley in which a woman crosses has committed a sin!
    Your definition of free-mixing is wrong sir. You would also term the above-mentioned scenario free-mixing, but it is quite common.
    oh please, what a sad attempt at arguing a point. Please try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
      Am I a kafir now?

Don't talk to me again!
      Just ignore.

People forget that the reality is that we are living under Kufr regime of man made laws already , there is NO escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim-Man View Post
        The Ullema have spoken against attending a university where mixed gender gathering occurs. They advice to attend single sex universities and schools.

http://islamqa.info/en/45883
        http://islamqa.info/en/128996
        In England and where I live, there is no single sex universities. I plan to go into an education profession so it is necessary for me to go university.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim Cupcake View Post
          In England and where I live, there is no single sex universities. I plan to go into an education profession so it is necessary for me to go university.
          What grade level do you want to teach?

Do you even know the state of school education in the UK?

Comment

I want to teach in secondary school and you cannot do that without a degree in the subject you want to do. The school I went to has really good education. I got good grades with them, but either way I don't see what failing schools have to do with me going to university.

Comment

I go to university and I cant help the gender thing. I just dont talk to males there and im obviously dressed decently. Its like in the west you're going to encounter the opposite gender everywhere, doctors, dentists, supermarket. Alnost impossible to avoid entirely, so just keep urself decemt and dont make conversation with them.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
              [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

The question was about Islam and universities. I answered the question. What you people do is up to you since you will have to answer for it on Qiyama; no way I'm taking the rap for anyone else's actions.
                No, you never answered my question!

I'm very curious to know how many years have you dedicated studying Usool- al Fiqh?

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim Cupcake View Post
                  Sis, it's impossible to find a single sex university here in the West, and they practically seem non- existent.

InshaAllah, there is no sin on you for attending a mixed university because that's the only option you have and it's a necessity.

As long as your dressed modestly, lower your gaze and refrain from chatting unnecessarily with the opposite gender, then you'll be fine.

Comment

I know Muslim girls who went to uni and remained within the boundaries of Islam...I know Muslim girls who did not.. it is a question of you...if you feel compromised then it is best you leave..if you lose your iman then you have nothing..
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Sis, it's impossible to find a single sex university here in the West, and they practically seem non- existent.

InshaAllah, there is no sin on you for attending a mixed university because that's the only option you have and it's a necessity.

As long as your dressed modestly, lower your gaze and refrain from chatting unnecessarily with the opposite gender, then you'll be fine.
                      Its a tricky subject and i understand what you were saying about it being halaal. What you mean to say is that university is halal in and of itself. What the others are saying is that those haram elements make it harman to now attend what would have been halaal in its essence.

Everyone's got to do what they got to do, but to say there is no sin on you attending because its the only option and the rest of what you said above then this is indeed a fatwa. We can't give fataawa ourselves we need someone of knowledge who processed us in this, so unless you have someone who said this before you, you should publicly come back from that statement. If she follows your fatwa and you're wrong and she falls in to sin then you get a portion of every sin she commits while she is there!

So better to protect yourself from that and retract what you said. If you're going to go to uni then that's your chose but don't tell others that there is nothing wrong with it from the top of your own head.
                      Last edited by abu salmah; 14-08-15, 04:06 PM.
                      I have left you on a clear path, its night is like its day. None stray from it except he is destroyed.

Comment

No, you never answered my question!

I'm very curious to know how many years have you dedicated studying Usool- al Fiqh?
                        You need to worry about your studying of Fiqh, not mine. You are the ones issue fatwa here, not I.

Comment

Originally posted by abu salmah View Post
                          Its a tricky subject and i understand what you were saying about it being halaal. What you mean to say is that university is halal in and of itself. What the others are saying is that those haram elements make it harman to now attend what would have been halaal in its essence.

Everyone's got to do what they got to do, but to say there is no sin on you attending because its the only option and the rest of what you said above then this is indeed a fatwa. We can't give fataawa ourselves we need someone of knowledge who processed us in this, so unless you have someone who said this before you, you should publicly come back from that statement. If she follows your fatwa and you're wrong and she falls in to sin then you get a portion of every sin she commits while she is there!

So better to protect yourself from that and retract what you said. If you're going to go to uni then that's your chose but don't tell others that there is nothing wrong with it from the top of your own head.
                          Thank you for your post.

I never intended to make a fatwa, and if It seems that I did, then I take it back. I'm actually against people giving fatwas without knowledge, so if I did give one myself, then I'm mistaken and I apologize.

I'm just sick of hearing people who are declaring university is haram. I understand that free mixing is wrong, but does that mean it becomes forbidden for us to go to university?

Like I said earlier, it's impossible to find a university without free mixing here in the West, so how should one deal with this situation? Going to a mixed university then becomes a necessity and if we take precautions, such as lowering our gaze, etc, then what's the problem?

I've heard numerous times before that the rulings of Fiqh, change according to time and place. So, with people on this thread posting fatwas from Saudi scholars stating that attending university is haram, is actually in itself irrelevant. Its not a one size that fits all, because our situation is different here in the West.

Also, I've heard from many knowledgeable people saying before that it's not haram to attend a mixed university here in the West. That's because, we don't have any other choice, however we should just maintain Islamic etiquette such as lowering our gaze, avoid talking to the opposite gender unnecessarily, etc.

Comment

You need to worry about your studying of Fiqh, not mine. You are the ones issue fatwa here, not I.
                            Firstly, if it seems like I did issue a fatwa, then I'm mistaken and take it back.

Also, when I told you earlier that the premise in Fiqh states that everything is halal unless proven haram, you denied it.

So, you tell me what the premise of Fiqh is then?

Don't worry about me, I've studied Fiqh before alhamdulilah.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X