Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it okay for a Muslim girl to go university?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it okay for a Muslim girl to go university?

So in England exam results came out today and I got the grades I needed to get into my university choice. I prayed to Allah everyday to help me get in and he must have answered my duaa.
    But then I read somewhere that Muslim girls can't go to university because they're not allowed to leave the house without permission of their husband. I'm way too young to be married so I'm guessing the next person who has authority over me is my dad. And he's given me his consent.
    So is it halal for me to go university? Why would Allah answer my prayers if it was haraam?

Bump! be patient sis maybe someone more knowledgable can answer
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Re: Is it okay for a Muslim girl to go university?

Originally posted by Muslim Cupcake View Post
      So in England exam results came out today and I got the grades I needed to get into my university choice. I prayed to Allah everyday to help me get in and he must have answered my duaa.
      But then I read somewhere that Muslim girls can't go to university because they're not allowed to leave the house without permission of their husband. I'm way too young to be married so I'm guessing the next person who has authority over me is my dad. And he's given me his consent.
      So is it halal for me to go university? Why would Allah answer my prayers if it was haraam?
      Assalamu alaykum Muslim Cupcake,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your results :)

If your father gives you permission to attend university, then there's no problem at all.

Sis, university is halal, it's a place of learning and education and there is nothing haram about attending it.

I hope you have a great time attending university and I wish you success in your studies.

Comment

Originally posted by **Sister** View Post
        Assalamu alaykum Muslim Cupcake,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your results :)

If your father gives you permission to attend university, then there's no problem at all.

Sis, university is halal, it's a place of learning and education and there is nothing haram about attending it.

I hope you have a great time attending university and I wish you success in your studies.

People shouldn't talk about Islam when they don't know!!!

University is halal? It has free mixing, rape, harassment, dating, etc. How is this halal?

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim Cupcake View Post
          The Ullema have spoken against attending a university where mixed gender gathering occurs. They advice to attend single sex universities and schools.

http://islamqa.info/en/45883
          http://islamqa.info/en/128996

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim-Man View Post
            People shouldn't talk about Islam when they don't know!!!

University is halal? It has free mixing, rape, harassment, dating, etc. How is this halal?
            The premise in Fiqh is everything is halal unless proven haram.

If you claim that university is haram, please show me the evidence.

Also, if you think that university isn't halal due to freemixing, then is also going to the malls and parks haram?

JazakaAllahu Kheiran

Comment

Freemixing is haram period. Don't make it halal because people mix in mails etc...
              Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
                Freemixing is haram period. Don't make it halal because people mix in mails etc...
                There's something called a necessity. Free mixing is haram, depending on the condition and circumstances.

Are you suggesting now that this sister shouldn't go to university, because it's haram?

Comment

The premise in Fiqh is everything is halal unless proven haram.

If you claim that university is haram, please show me the evidence.

Also, if you think that university isn't halal due to freemixing, then is also going to the malls and parks haram?

JazakaAllahu Kheiran
                  No, the premise in Fiqh is not that everything is halal unless proven haram.

Free mixing is haram. Attending places (without a need) where free mixing happens is haram.

Comment

There's something called a necessity. Free mixing is haram, depending on the condition and circumstances.

Are you suggesting now that this sister shouldn't go to university, because it's haram?
                    She can go, just let her remember that free mixing is haram, and ALLAH will forgive all sins expect shirk. If you make something from haram to halal, then you are a kafir.

Most muslim men/women hang with oppose gender because of their lack of knowledge of the religion or being misguide by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim-Man View Post
                      No, the premise in Fiqh is not that everything is halal unless proven haram.

Free mixing is haram. Attending places (without a need) where free mixing happens is haram.
                      Look, we're going to just have to agree to disagree here.

You believe university is haram, I don't.

Let's leave it at that, I don't want to argue further.

Comment

She can go, just let her remember that free mixing is haram, and ALLAH will forgive all sins expect shirk. If you make something from haram to halal, then you are a kafir.

Most muslim men/women hang with oppose gender because of their lack of knowledge of the religion or being misguide by someone.
                        Am I a kafir now?

Don't talk to me again!

Comment

Am I a kafir now?

Don't talk to me again!
                          I never called you a kaffr, it's a fact that if you make something that is haram to halal, then you are a kaffr. Same thing as saying "if you don't agree with Koran, then you are a kaffr."

I don't know why it's hard for you to understand

Comment

I never called you a kaffr, it's a fact that if you make something that is haram to halal, then you are a kaffr. Same thing as saying "if you don't agree with Koran, then you are a kaffr."

I don't know why it's hard for you to understand
                            Attending university is not clear cut haram, like alcohol, pork, etc.

There may be differences of opinions regarding this matter.

Comment

Look, we're going to just have to agree to disagree here.

You believe university is haram, I don't.

Let's leave it at that, I don't want to argue further.
                              No, there is no agree to disagree. That's what western kuffar believe when one says homosexuality is okay and the other says it's not, then they agree to disagree. We have Islam and it's rules to tell us, and we have the Ullema to tell us.

The Ullema have said that it is haram to go somewhere where there is free mixing if there is no need. So, no University is not haram but a going to a mixed gendered one is. There are single sex universities but you don't want an education, you want to go to one where there are boys so mixed gatherings can occur, and dating can occur, and sex can occur, and then Muslim girls run to the surgeon to have a surgery done to restore their "virginity" and then they lie and pretend to be a virgin to get married to a righteous Muslim man.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X