Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on eating kosher foods as a Muslim

Naik answers my question... Sorta https://youtu.be/LyoB6HBJ26E

So basically he says if it is kosher, and allowed in the Quran is it fair game?

I live in America and so many things are kosher. Almost all organic food is kosher. I will pretty much have to adopt a bad diet to eat here, because i will not be able to eat organic food if I cannot eat kosher. This is really bad. I dont remember ever seeing halal meats. I have no idea where to even get them. The best i could think of it praying the meat myself after getting it from a butcher... but then it wasnt slaughtered properly.

Niak argues that Islam is the true religion that Jews and Christians should be following (but their books were corrupted by man and therefore nullified) but since that is the case, arent the Jews blessing the food in the name of the same god? Also, since Jews do not utter the name of God, doesnt that mean that it isnt disobeying the Quran, which says that you cannot eat food that has been blessed by another God (since the God isnt named directly during their jewprayer)?

Thanks,
    Learnedseeker

Re: Question on eating kosher foods as a Muslim

Originally posted by learnedseeker View Post
    ...Also, since Jews do not utter the name of God, doesnt that mean that it isnt disobeying the Quran, which says that you cannot eat food that has been blessed by another God (since the God isnt named directly during their jewprayer)?

Thanks,
    Learnedseeker
    What's the Kosher method of slaughter?

Comment

actually the Jewish law has more stricter requirements for animal slaughter than Islamic law, including praising the G-d during the process is obligatory. but in their law, certain alcohol is permissible during cooking.

please read this paper by Yasir Qadhi, it's very detailed.

On the comparison between kosher and halaal, the sharia and halakhic requirements for animal slaughter :

http://muslimmatters.org/2012/06/22/...mal-slaughter/

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

I live in America and so many things are kosher. Almost all organic food is kosher. I will pretty much have to adopt a bad diet to eat here, because i will not be able to eat organic food if I cannot eat kosher. This is really bad. I dont remember ever seeing halal meats. I have no idea where to even get them. The best i could think of it praying the meat myself after getting it from a butcher... but then it wasnt slaughtered properly.

Niak argues that Islam is the true religion that Jews and Christians should be following (but their books were corrupted by man and therefore nullified) but since that is the case, arent the Jews blessing the food in the name of the same god? Also, since Jews do not utter the name of God, doesnt that mean that it isnt disobeying the Quran, which says that you cannot eat food that has been blessed by another God (since the God isnt named directly during their jewprayer)?

Thanks,
        Learnedseeker
        Brother your question really suits your name ' Learnedseeker'' Mashallah , May Allah reward you because this question has always been in my mind and its a question even learned Muslims make mistake about , in my humble view as you have raised it above ( bolded in red) and your claims also PROVES my thread , Alhamdulilah

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Allah-and-why

WHERE i quote as below

'' The above two incidents Clearly Shows that though Torah had already had distortions at that time (610 AD) but not to the extent of containing any of those Vulgar verses about Lot's Incest, Samuel raping his own sister, Reuben having sex with his mothers,Judas immoral children with his DIL,lusting for Donkeys genitals etc or it would have never been given any sort of respect by Prophet(pbuh) and his companions but would have been banned under the Islamic state ( Like Some Christian Lady in UK wanted to ban it in 1980s at 5 minutes ticker onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3epdW5fjqg ) and the word Allah was there clearly in all the verses of the Torah at those times. But later has been substituted with the name 'Yahweh' The Reason, Why ? lets think a bit with these points open mindedly .............'' cont'd post #1

So its clear that when this Rule was allowed to eat Jews food was implemented those days during Prophet :saw: times because the Jews still Called God as Allah and had culled in Allah's name like Abdullah ibn Salam ( the Top Rabbi) was still Abdullah before embracing Islam with Monotheism ( But some Jews were not who took Rabbi Ezra as son of God ). But now if they do not do so , ie Pronounce the Name of Allah while culling , we cannot eat that meat it in my view. May be Dr Zakir Naik meant only the allowed or particular Halal animals and contents (blood etc) that are still followed by Jews as in the Noble Quran as eatable .ie Muslims can eat as well.
        Last edited by talibilm09; 09-08-15, 04:44 AM.
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
          Brother your question really suits your name ' Learnedseeker'' Mashallah , May Allah reward you because this question has always been in my mind and its a question even learned Muslims make mistake about , in my humble view as you have raised it above ( bolded in red) and your claims also PROVES my thread , Alhamdulilah

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-Allah-and-why

WHERE i quote as below

'' The above two incidents Clearly Shows that though Torah had already had distortions at that time (610 AD) but not to the extent of containing any of those Vulgar verses about Lot's Incest, Samuel raping his own sister, Reuben having sex with his mothers,Judas immoral children with his DIL,lusting for Donkeys genitals etc or it would have never been given any sort of respect by Prophet(pbuh) and his companions but would have been banned under the Islamic state ( Like Some Christian Lady in UK wanted to ban it in 1980s at 5 minutes ticker onwards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3epdW5fjqg ) and the word Allah was there clearly in all the verses of the Torah at those times. But later has been substituted with the name 'Yahweh' The Reason, Why ? lets think a bit with these points open mindedly .............'' cont'd post #1

So its clear that when this Rule was allowed to eat Jews food was implemented those days during Prophet :saw: times because the Jews still Called God as Allah and had culled in Allah's name like Abdullah ibn Salam ( the Top Rabbi) was still Abdullah before embracing Islam with Monotheism ( But some Jews were not who took Rabbi Ezra as son of God ). But now if they do not do so , ie Pronounce the Name of Allah while culling , we cannot eat that meat it in my view. May be Dr Zakir Naik meant only the allowed or particular Halal animals and contents (blood etc) that are still followed by Jews as in the Noble Quran as eatable .ie Muslims can eat as well.
          So your saying the answer is no? To play it safe certainly, but it's a matter of I have to eat GMO and pesticide ridden food, and a lot of the Halal is about FOOD THAT IS HEALTHY FOR CONSUMPTION. My muslima friend mentioned that all vegetables are Halal, but what about the ones deemed Kosher? I could tolerate eating non-Halal meats, but finding Organic (healthy) non kosher food is really out of the question. There are basically no "muslim shops" around here to buy food from... I am going to go to the mosque next week for the first time so I'll ask around, but the mosque is 45 minutes away, mosques are not very common around here, and neither are muslims, so there is about 0% demand for Halal foods. A quick search online places the nearest Halal shop 1 HOUR away from my house, so I don't know what to do. I have have never seen a Halal meat shopping, and I have looked out of curiousity, always having been politically aware.

It's a matter of being really unhealthy to eat Halal (even vegetables) and basically almost never eat meat OR eat Kosher meat and vegetables, and still be in a tough situation. Quite frankly I don't know if it is realistically POSSIBLE to eat Halal here. I understand you are not ALLAH so you have to be careful giving advice, and you are in no position to be giving Fatwahs, but still the situation remains.

Also in response to your reputation comment, I have not said Shahada, but I am going to once I quit cigarettes and get my situation in order so I should probably start "SAW"ing the Prophet (pbuh). When I typed those comments I was not entirely sure if I was going to convert so I didn't bother to SAW.
          Last edited by learnedseeker; 09-08-15, 05:33 AM.

Comment

So your saying the answer is no? To play it safe certainly, but it's a matter of I have to eat GMO and pesticide ridden food, and a lot of the Halal is about FOOD THAT IS HEALTHY FOR CONSUMPTION. My muslima friend mentioned that all vegetables are Halal, but what about the ones deemed Kosher? I could tolerate eating non-Halal meats, but finding Organic (healthy) non kosher food is really out of the question. There are basically no "muslim shops" around here to buy food from... I am going to go to the mosque next week for the first time so I'll ask around, but the mosque is 45 minutes away, mosques are not very common around here, and neither are muslims, so there is about 0% demand for Halal foods. A quick search online places the nearest Halal shop 1 HOUR away from my house, so I don't know what to do. I have have never seen a Halal meat shopping, and I have looked out of curiousity, always having been politically aware.

It's a matter of being really unhealthy to eat Halal (even vegetables) and basically almost never eat meat OR eat Kosher meat and vegetables, and still be in a tough situation. Quite frankly I don't know if it is realistically POSSIBLE to eat Halal here. I understand you are not ALLAH so you have to be careful giving advice, and you are in no position to be giving Fatwahs, but still the situation remains.

Also in response to your reputation comment, I have not said Shahada, but I am going to once I quit cigarettes and get my situation in order so I should probably start "SAW"ing the Prophet (pbuh). When I typed those comments I was not entirely sure if I was going to convert so I didn't bother to SAW.
            Yes halal food will be really an issue for people like you and even for me living in Thailand, (Bangkok) among the Muslim brethren since none of the Muslim shops have the interest or take strain to cull chicken themselves but buy CP halal chicken which the owners are Non Muslims and the people employed to do this Job are Muslims , the company Claims which is doubtful for me So I cull my selves saying ' Bismiilahi Allahu Akbar ''and and labourers in the shop do the cleaning and thus eat chicken whereas Beef and Sheep are culled 100 % by Muslim with Muslim owners which I eat without any hesitation. I suggest you to visit a Masjid even it it takes few hours and discuss this very Important issue with the Imaam and Allah swt will help you find a way as they say ' where there is a will there is a way ''

About the Kosher thing in Islam it does not apply to anything in vegetables or chicken or animals that ate some non halal things (as per my knowledge) occasionally or Halal here in Islam is not that difficult like kosher and Allah had made it much easier than Kosher rules . Only avoid pork, blood, dead anmals, and animal culled without pronouncing the name of Allah and also by non Muslims even if they pronounce the name of Allah but not a Believer, A Muslim. See Islamic halal food Links . So Trying our Best is our Duty and the commitment we have to show to our Creator Allah and its his Mercy to forgive us if we have still Mistaken , do not worry too much ( called as waswaas in hadith which must be avoided as per hadith and Noble Quran itself ) about it but we should try first.

Another Important thing YOU MUST NOT DELAY YOUR SHAHADA to accept your CREATOR who transformed from man from a detestable drop to a cute lovely Baby loved by all who designed your body parts beautifully perfectly and fed you in your Mom's womb where no one can feed you and gave strength after when once you were in a position you can't turn yourself (as an infant for months) and inspite of Man born weak ( a new born lamb can stand up,run in minutes of birth unlike us humans) made us the King of the Earth dominating all powerful creatures on earth and also because death is very uncertain a death without Shahadha ( with shirk why shirk is so Big Crime that would make us fall in hell for ETERNITY kindly read my post # 923 in http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...-of-god/page24 ) will lead us to the Hell eternally .

So do kindly read '' Ash hadhu Anlaa ilaaha illalaah wa ashhadu anna Muhammadan abdhuhu wa Rasooluhu , that I bear witness None is worthy to be worshiped except '' Allah '' and Muhammad :saw: (peace be upon him) is the Slave and Messenger of Allah and for Christians its better to Add Jesus (pbuh) is the Slave and messenger of Allah
            Last edited by talibilm09; 11-08-15, 07:54 AM.
            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Https://youtu.be/K-3ir3FEkd0

Maulana Sheraz Ali is the brother of a friend. He knows his stuff. This lecture is very thorough (it's part of a his curriculum at his madrassa). A convert from orthodox Judaism said this is spot on what kosher is.
              Last edited by Basil al-Mamluk; 09-08-15, 07:17 AM.
              "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

Answer directly from the Quran:

5:5 (Muhsin Khan): Made lawful to you this day are At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) foods, which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, etc., milk products, fats, vegetables and fruits, etc.). The food (slaughtered cattle, eatable animals, etc.) of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) is lawful to you and yours is lawful to them. (Lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time, when you have given their due Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage), desiring chastity (i.e. taking them in legal wedlock) not committing illegal sexual intercourse, nor taking them as girl-friends. And whosoever disbelieves in the Oneness of Allah and in all the other Articles of Faith [i.e. His (Allah's), Angels, His Holy Books, His Messengers, the Day of Resurrection and Al-Qadar (Divine Preordainments)], then fruitless is his work, and in the Hereafter he will be among the losers.

Comment

Thanks,
                  Learnedseeker
                  ''Welcome Brother '', to the Family of Islam with all my hands spread to hug you dear ' Allahu Akbar '' :there: , to a family and friends who will be with you in this world and in the hereafter ETERNALLY provided We All die as Muslims in eeman, inshallah, Ameen. ;)
                  Last edited by talibilm09; 11-08-15, 07:50 AM.
                  My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                    ''Welcome Brother '', to the Family of Islam with all my hands spread to hug you dear ' Allahu Akbar '' :there: , to a family and friends who will be with you in this world and in the hereafter ETERNALLY provided We All die as Muslims in eeman, inshallah, Ameen. ;)
                    ameen
                    welcome to islam brother
                    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
                    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Working...
                    X