Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zakir Naik states that Muhammed was predicted in the Bhavishya Purana (Hinduism)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zakir Naik states that Muhammed was predicted in the Bhavishya Purana (Hinduism)

Zakir Naik brought this up in his video "Zakir Naik - Similarities between Hinduism and Islam "
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUxH_daX7o

The thing that bothered me is that, whenever he references religious doctine he ALWAYS goes over it, but in this video he "did not have time to talk about it'. Well here is the thing - according to these sources, hinduism DID predict the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh), but they predicted VERY BAD THINGS about him. I have been trying to find a good source on this prediction because all the sources I have found are either copy and paste plagarisms on different sites from the same source, OR that the source is so differently translated than others that I am concerned about it's legitimacy.

Both of these links below are VERY QUESTIONABLE but I didn't want to leave this question here without "sources". The purpose of this post is that I am looking for a reliable source of this prediction. I cannot find one. I'm hoping someone here has a reliable translation of this prophecy.

Link 1 (It's a long document, you want to searching for "1.2 The Prediction of Islam" will bring you directly to the point in the document I am talking about):

http://hinduonline.co/Scriptures/Pur...hyaPurana.html

Link 2:

http://bhavishyapuran.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by learnedseeker; 09-08-15, 05:27 AM.

Zakir Naik states that Muhammed was predicted in the Bhavishya Purana (Hinduism)

How do you know if someone made it up or Hinduism made it up after their people start following islam? There was Christian monk who saw Muhammed (Saw) as a teenager traveling to Syria for a business trade with his uncle. The monk saw a small cloud following our prophet protecting him from the Sun's light, he went straight to his uncle telling him this child will be something big in the future according the bible and he should sent him back to his hometown so the Jewish and Romans don't see him or they will kill him. So according to this story the bible was different from what Christians read today. After our prophet (Saw) got his message from ALLAH he start calling for islam. He sent a letter to yemen for them to accept ALLAH as one true God and Muhammed(saw) his last prophet to mankind. Yemen was fully a Jewish state, they accepted him with resistance or making false advertising claims like the west does today.
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Re: Zakir Naik states that Muhammed was predicted in the Bhavishya Purana (Hinduism)

Originally posted by lifesucks View Post
      How do you know if someone made it up or Hinduism made it up after their people start following islam?
      Islam is the only demographic that doubts the age of the works of the Hindus, and because of their beliefs, the Muslims are the only ones who would benefit from a changed timetable. This is an obvious conflict of interest. Perhaps Hinduism is a form of Islam that Allah sent to the region, and it has been twisted and perverted into it's current form, but again there is nothing I can find that proves this. Naik has made it clear that Islam and Hinduism are much closer in doctrine than I was aware of, but that doesn't solve the problem in itself.

If I can solve this problem, I will convert, absolutely, there will be no more questions, this is the only thing that has prevented that from happening. If I don't, I may still convert, but this will haunt me. No Islamic scholar is capable (that I've found) of debunking this.

Comment

Re: Zakir Naik states that Muhammed was predicted in the Bhavishya Purana (Hinduism)

Originally posted by learnedseeker View Post
        Islam is the only demographic that doubts the age of the works of the Hindus, and because of their beliefs, the Muslims are the only ones who would benefit from a changed timetable. This is an obvious conflict of interest. Perhaps Hinduism is a form of Islam that Allah sent to the region, and it has been twisted and perverted into it's current form, but again there is nothing I can find that proves this. Naik has made it clear that Islam and Hinduism are much closer in doctrine than I was aware of, but that doesn't solve the problem in itself.

If I can solve this problem, I will convert, absolutely, there will be no more questions, this is the only thing that has prevented that from happening. If I don't, I may still convert, but this will haunt me. No Islamic scholar is capable (that I've found) of debunking this.
        Im not a scholar, but I'm pretty sure you find one to answer you question.
        “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Firstly, you are probably correct about hinduism, that it may have been an early form of monotheism. (As for zakir naik's views, he is just trying to be respectful of hinduism, since the two religions are on polar opposites). The major god of hinduism is Brahman, who was later divided to a trinity(deja vu) of vishnu, shiva, brahma. I would speculate that hinduism was affected by other pagan religion. Note that there is a distinct similarity between the sun god temples of hindus and babylon.

Secondly, that 'scripture' is easy to refute. I will post my refutation in my next post. One point you should note that people interpret their religious texts to suit their own interests. for example jews say that Isa(A) is the false prophet as prophesised in Deuteronomy. He will be one from the jews(so obviously not Muhammad(S)), he will show miracles and mislead jews. This is actually a refenrence to the priests/false prophets who made jews worship Baal(a popular god at the time). But due to their enotions, they misinterpret the scripture.

Comment

There are two possibilities to why you find bad things about prophet Muhammad on those sites-

1. Its possible that this prediction was a later addition to Hinduism/Bhavishya Puran by people who saw Islam as a threat.

2. Its possible that the sources are not translated correctly, which I believe is the case here. Those translations have been written by Hindu apologists, and people who hate Islam so they are most likely biased.
            A hindu sister even challenged Zakir Naik on that prophecy (watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5_r1p9LNM) but she made no mention of the translation that those sites make.

Comment

Heres my rebuttal,

From article,
              "Modern scholars reject the contents of Bhavishya Purana mostly on the grounds that its information is too accurate."

Nail in the foot already. Its easy to predict the past, wouldnt you agree?

From article,
              "That city is known as their site of pilgrimage, a place which was Madina or free from intoxication."

A significant error from the author's part. Islam's city of pilgrimage is infact Makkah. Seems he didnt even bother to read about islam before making up a story.

"Still I am going to establish a terrible and demoniac religion by the order of the Lord. The symptoms of my followers will be that they first of all will cut their genitals, have no shikha, but having beard, be wicked, make noise loudly and eat everything. They should eat animals without performing any rituals. This is my opinion. They will perform purificatory act with the musala or a pestle as you purify your things with kusha. Therefore, they will be known as musalman, the corrupters of religion. Thus the demoniac religion will be founded by me. After having heard all this the king came back to his palace and that ghost went back to his place."

Firstly, there are occult practices like kali worship in hinduism whereas Islam forbids even use of magic as well as abolishing many pagan pratices. It seems hinduism is infact the demonic religion with its terrible caste system, and occult gods. The article claims muslims will have no education. After establishment of islam, people all over came to arabia to learn. Muslims soon became the most advanced nation. Baghdad at that time was the the 'House of Wisdom'.

i hope i make my case. frankly, that was quite easy.
              Last edited by Spicen; 05-08-15, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Zakir Naik brought this up in his video "Zakir Naik - Similarities between Hinduism and Islam "
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUxH_daX7o

The thing that bothered me is that, whenever he references religious doctine he ALWAYS goes over it, but in this video he "did not have time to talk about it'. Well here is the thing - according to these sources, hinduism DID predict the Prophet Mohammed, but they predicted VERY BAD THINGS about him. I have been trying to find a good source on this prediction because all the sources I have found are either copy and paste plagarisms on different sites from the same source, OR that the source is so differently translated than others that I am concerned about it's legitimacy.

Both of these links below are VERY QUESTIONABLE but I didn't want to leave this question here without "sources". The purpose of this post is that I am looking for a reliable source of this prediction. I cannot find one. I'm hoping someone here has a reliable translation of this prophecy.
                Originally posted by Blitzkrieg37 View Post
                There are two possibilities to why you find bad things about prophet Muhammad on those sites-

1. Its possible that this prediction was a later addition to Hinduism/Bhavishya Puran by people who saw Islam as a threat.

2. Its possible that the sources are not translated correctly, which I believe is the case here. Those translations have been written by Hindu apologists, and people who hate Islam so they are most likely biased.
                A hindu sister even challenged Zakir Naik on that prophecy (watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5_r1p9LNM) but she made no mention of the translation that those sites make.

While I accept your reply as 90 % possible because Antique book like Epics especially such as these ones are changing faster as per the Hindu Sanskrit Scholar who embraced Islam who can read Sanskrit and translate as well proves this and this thread - link when read fully will help the OP to find the answers to his quest, God willingly. A reply from a well known Hindu Scholar Sri Chinmoy can be appropriate who says about the Puranas as

http://www.srichinmoy.org/resources/...tories/puranas

''These stories from the Puranas are not for the mind to understand but for the heart to enjoy.''- Sri Chinmoy

Sree Chinmoy Also comments ''The major difference between the Vedas and the Puranas is that the Vedic gods represent the cosmic attributes of the One, while the Puranic gods represent His human attributes.

(Note : iow Puranas are not Reliable nor Serious truth about or from one Cosmic Creator but from Human aspects or imaginations assumptions about him even according to their religious standard Unlike '' Vedhas ''which means which means "not of a man, superhuman"[4] and "impersonal, authorless in short '' a Religious Scripture''

Sri Chinmoy also adds ''The Puranas present Hinduism in an easy, interesting, charming and convincing manner. They contain none of the esoteric or philosophical content of the older sacred works, the Vedas and the Upanishads. These stories are funnier than the funniest. We get tremendous joy from them. Then again, there are scholars who will be able to give elaborate explanations. From these explanations, which are created by the reasoning mind, we will never get any joy. There is joy in reading the stories, joy in hearing them, but no joy in entering into philosophical discourse. Let the philosophers and historians play their role in their own way; we are not interested.''

So Vedhas the Top Most Authentic as per Hindu Beliefs clears the air of such false claims of Prophet Muhammad and give proofs with the name of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) explicitly FORETELLS as "Muhammad'' atleast in 15 places and his great qualities as per the Hindu Scholar expert in Sansksrit .The Original written language of the Vedhas here

at post # 1
                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...uhammad-(pbuh)

and also another Testimony was by the TOP Hindu Scholar Ved Prakash Ubhadhyay of Bengal University in post # 2
                Last edited by talibilm09; 08-08-15, 10:31 AM.
                My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Ace and on point talibilm09, thanks a lot!

This is why I question these things, there is always a reasonable answer to them! =)

Comment

Ace and on point talibilm09, thanks a lot!

This is why I question these things, there is always a reasonable answer to them! =)
                    Pray to your Creator from your heart and talk to him he SURELY GUIDES HIS CREATIONS ( but the time is with him) if they love him as this Atheist American Doctor kindly watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J5_VETwfew
                    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Working...
                    X