I can't find this hadith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't find this hadith?

I was having a debate with a young sister about the niqab. She is determined that the prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said that niqab is haraam. She quoted a 'hadith' that I simply can't find. Her exact words were "Prophet clearly says it: "women during must not veil their face or it'll be Haraam""
    She didn't leave the volume, book, or the number. And I can't find it. She said she'll look tomorrow but I doubt it. Does anyone know what she's talking about?

Re: I can't find this hadith?

That hadith is talking specifically about Ihram.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man stood up and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what clothes do you command us to wear in ihraam?” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not wear shirts, pants or any kind of headgear… and women in ihraam should not wear niqaab or gloves.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari)

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post
      That hadith is talking specifically about Ihram.

It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man stood up and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what clothes do you command us to wear in ihraam?” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not wear shirts, pants or any kind of headgear… and women in ihraam should not wear niqaab or gloves.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari)
      This is actually a proof against those who claim niqab is not allowed or discouraged, as Rasoolullaah (saw) would not have needed to give this command if it wasn't something normal in Muslim society at that time.
      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

the hadith in context was about niqab during ihraam, not daily life.

but that said, there are differences of opinion in scholars about face veil. some said mustahab, some obligatory, but basically niqab itself is Sunnah...
        :GB_bonesrock:
        And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X