Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

    Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    May Allah guide us....these sorts of threads always saddens me, because while we're commenting on what sisters are doing we're always so quick to criticize without making du'a for them or looking in the mirror ourselves.

    I don't mean to put you on the spot, but these sorts of threads always end up with comments like this.


    The fact is, not everyone who is Muslim knows everything about their deen. Hijab is also a tricky issue, because many believe that it's just the scarf. After learning, they change. All we can do is make du'a for them and correct them in the best of ways.

    As for wearing make up and dressing a certain way, I'd imagine its a mixture of doing it for yourself and falling victim to the words of media and people who constantly speak out about women's bodies. There's a comedy video that talks about this but it involves music....so I won't post it, but there's a lot or truth there.

    If a sister wears hijab with tight clothing, she'll get chastised. If a sister wears loose clothing but not an a ayah, she'll get chastised for that. If she wears an a ayah that is loose, she'll get chastised for that. Niqab, chastised. No make up, chastised. You can't win, so just focus on Allah and pray that He helps you.

    It would be better for us to either help those struggling with hijab or make du'a for them. But two pages with no du'a and just criticizing these sisters is sad.
    I agreed with you till that bold bit. Advice like that will only make women think it's okay to dress the way they do and that it doesn't matter how they dress "because only Allah can judge"

    It is so sad this kufr mentality that is poising the Muslims.

    It's not always about the way they dress but also the attitude that comes with it. The Muslims who say only Allah can judge are just as extreme as the Muslims who harshly judge. But the thing is, the judgemental ones are still Muslim at the end of the day and obey Allah and His Messenger. Can the same be said about the "don't judge me" Muslims? They are more wrong because they have kufr ideals and it will only deplete their imaan.

    I don't like when Muslims are all condemnation but no du'a either. At the same time, we need to warn against the disobedient.

    This thread isn't very wise, but op also said she sometimes feels tempted, which many Muslimahs do. I know plenty of them. On a smaller scale, we pray for them, help them, give them naseeha. But on a larger scale, it is important we warn others from them. Too many are falling prey.
    If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
    (al-Bukhaari)

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

      Originally posted by nudgetheputri View Post
      We do it to feel pretty for ourselves.
      Okay :o

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

        Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
        I agreed with you till that bold bit. Advice like that will only make women think it's okay to dress the way they do and that it doesn't matter how they dress "because only Allah can judge"

        It is so sad this kufr mentality that is poising the Muslims.

        It's not always about the way they dress but also the attitude that comes with it. The Muslims who say only Allah can judge are just as extreme as the Muslims who harshly judge. But the thing is, the judgemental ones are still Muslim at the end of the day and obey Allah and His Messenger. Can the same be said about the "don't judge me" Muslims? They are more wrong because they have kufr ideals and it will only deplete their imaan.

        I don't like when Muslims are all condemnation but no du'a either. At the same time, we need to warn against the disobedient.

        This thread isn't very wise, but op also said she sometimes feels tempted, which many Muslimahs do. I know plenty of them. On a smaller scale, we pray for them, help them, give them naseeha. But on a larger scale, it is important we warn others from them. Too many are falling prey.
        I think Muslim women should be dressing appropriately and I hope I wasn't advocating otherwise, but it should be done in the best of ways and we should realize that hijab tends to come in stages.

        If they just started to wear the hijab, then their clothing won't reflect that. Instead of point that out, encourage them and congratulate them for wearing the hijab. Slowly but surely they'all start to get better clothing, but it comes down to encouragement, which unfortunately doesn't happen when threads like this happen and no du'a is made. Education + Encouragement helps people grow and I think the same thing can be used here.

        But if a sister is trying and is at the bottom, I don't see why we should chastise her first few steps towards Allah. (I should be been clearer before that I was talking about those struggling and trying with the hijab and not those who are not worried about the way they're dressing.)
        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
        [2:186]

        .:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

          Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
          I think Muslim women should be dressing appropriately and I hope I wasn't advocating otherwise, but it should be done in the best of ways and we should realize that hijab tends to come in stages.

          If they just started to wear the hijab, then their clothing won't reflect that. Instead of point that out, encourage them and congratulate them for wearing the hijab. Slowly but surely they'all start to get better clothing, but it comes down to encouragement, which unfortunately doesn't happen when threads like this happen and no du'a is made. Education + Encouragement helps people grow and I think the same thing can be used here.

          But if a sister is trying and is at the bottom, I don't see why we should chastise her first few steps towards Allah. (I should be been clearer before that I was talking about those struggling and trying with the hijab and not those who are not worried about the way they're dressing.)
          I completely agree. Condemnation without learning or encouraging the other comes off as arrogance. It's not the intent but it happens.

          I think the thing is though, in such discussions, it is a matter of generally speaking vs individually.

          Individually, we'd tell we should discuss it with the person and encourage them to do better.

          With general discussions like this, it's usually sweeping generalizations. It may not necessarily be a bad thing, but it should be done better.

          These things just come with wisdom and maturity. Delivery is everything.

          A thread about proper hijab that is informational or even just naseeha is much better than "why don't women cover properly."
          If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
          (al-Bukhaari)

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

            ^When I say generalizations don't matter, I mean in the respect of speaking on its reality i.e. saying many women don't cover properly and need to do better. Some are ignorant and some struggle, but it still truth that improper hijab is pretty widespread.

            Ignorance is more of a factor than we give it credit for.

            Youtubers on the other hand are just fashionistas wanting to look cute. Rabina firghlana
            If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
            (al-Bukhaari)

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

              I think it's important not to judge... especially if a woman has to wear makeup or heels in the work place (it's old fashioned, but these are considered "professional attire" and some companies do require it)

              I have had to wear makeup at work as I was a temp, so going from one company to the next. A lot of people are made uneasy by a receptionist in a hijab and so a little bit of facepowder and mascara makes them think "ok shes in hijab, but is a 'western' Muslim"

              I just make sure to wear loose black trousers and a longer shirt, so as to remain "hijab" as well as to not "plaster" the makeup on....


              On youtube I think it's just a confidence thing - with so many people seeing you they just want to feel like they look good - they probably don't think that many men will bee watching hijab tutorials - and if the man purposefully looks out the videos then the sin is more his issue than hers.....

              The problem with wearing so much makeup on the tutorials is that it normalizes it - it sort of says "this is Muslim fashion, and if you don't look like this your uncool/extreme" which in turn makes girls dress that way and then further perpetrates the idea.

              It's a matter of avoiding the sin if you can, and minimizing the effects of the sin if you can't avoid it - most people (Muslim and non-Muslim alike) wear makeup, not to attract boys - but to impress society and their female friends as well as self confidence. I don't know if even one of my female friends wear makeup for boys - normally its self confidence/workplace etiquette/because that one shade of lipstick was just so cute and matches their shoes - I should point out I only have 2 Muslim friends, one wears makeup, one doesn't.

              I know an Imam who said that makeup is a sin, but the worse sin is perfume because even if the male lowers his gaze, if there's a nice smell he would still inhale it - and then maybe look back to see the cause of it.... He said that women are a mens biggest weakness (and gossiping/judging as the womans biggest weakness) and asked the women to just help the men out by not making them look over their shoulders.

              As with all things - I think intention matters......

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

                Originally posted by Hijabi_Hannah View Post
                I think it's important not to judge... especially if a woman has to wear makeup or heels in the work place (it's old fashioned, but these are considered "professional attire" and some companies do require it)

                I have had to wear makeup at work as I was a temp, so going from one company to the next. A lot of people are made uneasy by a receptionist in a hijab and so a little bit of facepowder and mascara makes them think "ok shes in hijab, but is a 'western' Muslim"

                I just make sure to wear loose black trousers and a longer shirt, so as to remain "hijab" as well as to not "plaster" the makeup on....
                Since when are make-up and heel professional and required? What country are you in?
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

                  Originally posted by Hijabi_Hannah View Post
                  It's a matter of avoiding the sin if you can, and minimizing the effects of the sin if you can't avoid it - most people (Muslim and non-Muslim alike) wear makeup, not to attract boys - but to impress society and their female friends as well as self confidence. I don't know if even one of my female friends wear makeup for boys - normally its self confidence/workplace etiquette/because that one shade of lipstick was just so cute and matches their shoes - I should point out I only have 2 Muslim friends, one wears makeup, one doesn't.
                  Make-up is a form of beautification. So, regardless if they do it for society, for themselves, or to attract men, it's still not allowed.

                  Just like wearing attractive clothing isn't allowed regardless of what the intention was when worn, this isn't either.
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

                  "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                  - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

                    I live in Scotland, and worked in the oil and gas industry when makeup was required.....

                    It happens in other industries as well, people here are so afraid of the hijab as they don't understand it....

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

                      This is a wide issue which MIGHT be have to be considered, discussed from various situations and atmospheres where a Muftis view will be necessary. For example Muslim societies in places in Thailand stick to the cultural (Kuffar) habbit That ONLY Man Must offer Matrimonial alliance first or if a woman or its family offers it first its considered a great insult to the family which had lead many Muslim women sisters living unmarried for good a rather sad deplorable situation :nonono::crying_old::crying_old::crying_old::cryin g_old::crying_old: . In such situations what else a Sister could do ? than dressing herselves to find a husband. :confused:

                      And I 've happened to see even the very old ladies even Islamically Learned ladies on heavy make up with an Hijab which is considered as manners there which makes me feel :( .

                      But our books tells the women not to dress such or wear sound making ornaments or use fragrance that would pull men's attentions.

                      But Married women Must not display it (the above) except to their husband and Maghrams VERY STRICTLY and there is no need of it when you have a Husband and the unmarried women should try utmost to be so too and do dua and other methods allowed in Islam to find their husbands.

                      May Allah swt guide us to the right path and save from the Fitna which we have ourselves created following the manners of kuffar.
                      My sect - No Sect

                      My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

                      Just a Muslim

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

                        Hijab is not just about clothing. It is about everything.

                        You cannot wear hijab if you do not also control the way you interact with members of the opposite sex. It's about making yourself strong within so that you are strong outside.

                        For example, if you wear the head scarf and the abaya, but go outside wearing a ton of make up and perfume, it defeats the purpose of the abaya and scarf. You might as well not wear that because it just makes someone look ridiculous and creates confusion. This being said, if you go to a country where the abaya is white, such as syria or jordan for example, and you wear a black abaya, you are causing commotion by drawing attention to yourself from a different color than what the current culture wears.

                        It's a lot of things... it's about your ornaments, your shoes, the way you smell, the way you talk, how loud you talk, how you walk, how you talk to men and how you engage in conversations when you need to engage in them, etc. It's even about how you sit. Hijab is an entire lifestyle, its an art, and it takes practice to make it near perfection. So it's not just about the make up and perfumes, or covering yourself, it's about the whole package.

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X