Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

I see almost every hijab stylist on youtube with so much makeup, and they look so annoyingly beautiful lol. But I was wondering doesn't makeup just kill the purpose of hijab? I understand natural minimal makeup but what about full on party everyday makeup? There are many people saying that it's okay to wear makeup but it doesn't seem right... I myself do not wear makeup (I'm young lol) but I do feel pressured sometimes into wearing it (I'm fighting it). My parents don't let me anyway and if I went to school with mascara people would obviously notice and I wouldn't feel right. Makeup basically enhances your beauty, I thought we were supposed to look modest? Are the women causing zeena/fitna (whichever word)/sinning?

Re: Isn't excessive makeup with hijab not allowed?

Anyone?

Comment

From what I heard, any unmarried woman who wears anything that grabs attention from a opposite gender is consider zina.

Comment

I don't think it is good etiquette that's for sure

Alhandulillah my wife wears niqab and will only wear musk (lady type) outside of the house

MashaAllah women are beautiful anyway, no need for every Tom dick and Ali to see you adorned

Comment

Originally posted by kittymuslimah View Post
          I see almost every hijab stylist on youtube with so much makeup, and they look so annoyingly beautiful lol. But I was wondering doesn't makeup just kill the purpose of hijab?
          That's the answer. Its not allowed.

Comment

I have always wonder why some sisters wear hijab + a lot of make up and a tight jeans. It makes me question their knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by obeid View Post
              I have always wonder why some sisters wear hijab + a lot of make up and a tight jeans. It makes me question their knowledge.
              Me too, I do have friends who wear tight jeans and most of them had the excuse that they were not educated properly on how to wear hijab, one told me her mother keeps buying her tight jeans, another told me she knows she shouldn't and she knows she should stop(so maybe the next day she stopped wearing tight jeans). It's such a shame that many hijabis aren't educated about hijab - a lot of them just say that they have to just cover their hair which saddens me. I'll just pray for them ishallah.

Comment

Me too, I do have friends who wear tight jeans and most of them had the excuse that they were not educated properly on how to wear hijab, one told me her mother keeps buying her tight jeans, another told me she knows she shouldn't and she knows she should stop(so maybe the next day she stopped wearing tight jeans). It's such a shame that many hijabis aren't educated about hijab - a lot of them just say that they have to just cover their hair which saddens me. I'll just pray for them ishallah.
                Sis, you need to stay strong and don't influence by their acts. No need to be a bad apple among other apples in your baskat.

Comment

Great, now I can't edit.

Comment

Originally posted by obeid View Post
                    Sis, you need to stay strong and don't influence by their acts. No need to be a bad apple among other apples in your baskat.
                    I will :)
                    I've never worn skin tight jeans with a top, I ALWAYS wear at least a long dress/tunic that covers up to my knees.
                    I don't understand why it is the muslim women(not all of course) who wear the tightest jeans and the heaviest makeup :/
                    But hey, I won't judge, when I walk past one, I don't have anything going in my mind.

Comment

I've never worn skin tight jeans with a top, I ALWAYS wear at least a long dress/tunic that covers up to my knees.
                      I don't understand why it is the muslim women(not all of course) who wear the tightest jeans and the heaviest makeup :/
                      But hey, I won't judge, when I walk past one, I don't have anything going in my mind.
                      I feel bad after saying this,
                      how do you edit or delete your post?

Comment

The headscarf once told us that someone was modest.. not anymore.
                        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                          What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                            What do you mean?
                            I used to think automatically that when someone wore a headscarf they were followin deen and ud think highly of them and respect them but then when you see all dem girls so many wearin it with the tight jeans and chattin up boys ur like wth and so the headscarf loses significance in how modest you think someone is
                            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                            [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

I blame the parents. I know some muslim guy who used to work with my bro said when he first came to America he told his kids to be westernize and forget about being Arab or Muslim. Long story short, he regretted it every sec of it before he died. May Allah bless his soul.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X