Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think this mean?

Asalamalaikum,

I was listening to the surah Ta-Ha, and in one of the verses Allah SWT says:

15. "Verily, the Hour is coming and My Will is to keep it hidden that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives.

He Almighty was telling the story of Musa. And as far as I know Musa (AS) came before Isa (AS) and prophet Muhammad (SAW). So Allah is telling Musa the hour is coming (judgement day) and that was long time ago. Then in the Qur'an Allah almighty is telling us the hour is near.

So how is it that Almighty has been telling since Musa (AS) times the hour is coming when it has been almost 2000 years I assume since Musa (AS) prophecy time?

Is Allah SWT giving us more and more time to repent before he unleashes his wrath?

Re: What do you think this mean?

Originally posted by Slave88801 View Post
    Asalamalaikum,

15. "Verily, the Hour is coming and My Will is to keep it hidden that every person may be rewarded for that which he strives.

He Almighty was telling the story of Musa. And as far as I know Musa (AS) came before Isa (AS) and prophet Muhammad (SAW). So Allah is telling Musa the hour is coming (judgement day) and that was long time ago. Then in the Qur'an Allah almighty is telling us the hour is near.

So how is it that Almighty has been telling since Musa (AS) times the hour is coming when it has been almost 2000 years I assume since Musa (AS) prophecy time?

Is Allah SWT giving us more and more time to repent before he unleashes his wrath?
    Most likely.I've heard every single prophet of Allah warned their people of dajjal and dajjal only comes when the world is about to end. You have to remember this world is very short compared to the akhirah so Allah could be Warning us not to see the day of judgment as far away and it's nearer than we think perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Slave88801 View Post
      Asalamalaikum,

You may have noticed that right before this ayah, Allah swt mentioned about ibadah and more specifically salah in the previous ayah; that one must offer salah to remember Him. And then right after this, He mentioned Qiyamah. The part "My Will is to keep it hidden" has two meanings: one, that He wants to keep the time, arrival of Qiyamah hidden. The other meaning is that He almost DID conceal it (but didn't), that no one would have known about the occurrence/knowledge of Qiyamah. Like for example, even today a lot of people are unaware of Qiyamah that it is to come. So think, what if Allah swt had decided not to tell anyone about Qiyamah? Allah could have done it right? It is Allah swt's Rehmat that He has informed and warned us of Qiyamah, that its arrival will be sudden. But even though He has informed us of the signs before Qiyamah, He hasn't given us an exact time or date because if He had, we would be aware. If someone knew they were dying tomorrow, he/she would be careful and be good. The point is to remember the Qiyamah, and do deed remembering it.

Hope it answered your question. The point of this ayah was to understand the fact Allah could have not warned us about Qiyamah but He is Most Merciful and nevertheless did. So remember Qiyamah and do deeds accordingly. And also, by connecting it to the previous ayah, remember Allah by offering Salah.

Comment

JazakAllah Khayr

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X