Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where t0 fold hands in salah??

Originally posted by abu salmah View Post
    Imaam Maalik (rahimullaah) was tortured and they broke his arms, because of this he couldn't raise his hands in prayer. His followers saw this and have copied this. So today you will find mostly maaliki madhab followers to pray in this way.
    I would prefer you quote what i said.
    oops sorry bro i apologise. but still, accordin to maliki fiqh, u raise hands after standing up from ruku, and this is in accordance to the sahih hadith in Muwatta
    Last edited by AbulUthman; 31-07-15, 07:11 PM.
    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Well it was said that that's what happened saw you can take it or leave it, but its not slanderous.
      It is a baseless claim without any actual proof, especially in light of what Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him) himself has said. Those making the claim are outright dismissing their position without even understanding it.....
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
        It is a baseless claim without any actual proof, especially in light of what Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him) himself has said. Those making the claim are outright dismissing their position without even understanding it.....
        Ok, i disagree that some of the ulamah of the sunnah are dismissing it without understanding it, but i just put forth my position and you put forth yours, and its still all love and that's how it should be.

No need for it to get nasty like some other debates. jazkallaukier.
        I have left you on a clear path, its night is like its day. None stray from it except he is destroyed.

Comment

Ok, i disagree that some of the ulamah of the sunnah are dismissing it without understanding it, but i just put forth my position and you put forth yours, and its still all love and that's how it should be.

No need for it to get nasty like some other debates. jazkallaukier.
          Just be careful in future about speaking of other madhabs before veryfing it.

I don't folow the Maliki school myself but I have to correct if I see something wrong being said....

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
            oops sorry bro i apologise. but still, accordin to maliki fiqh, u raise hands after standing up from ruku, and this is in accordance to the sahih hadith in Muwatta
            no probs. but i don't understand why you're telling me that you should raise your hands after ruku, did i say otherwise ?
            I have left you on a clear path, its night is like its day. None stray from it except he is destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
              Just be careful in future about speaking of other madhabs before veryfing it.

I don't folow the Maliki school myself but I have to correct if I see something wrong being said....
              But i still dont see the problem, it was said. we can take that or leave that! its not a mistake. it just means you don't agree with what was said.

Anyone who thinks about this matter will realize for certain that they all acknowledge that the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is for the worshipper to place his hands on his front, not to hold them by his sides. Whatever Imaam Maalik said about holding the hands by one's side – if indeed the reports from him are saheeh – was only to counteract an action that was not prescribed in the Sunnah, which was leaning on the hands, or an incorrect belief, i.e., the belief of the common people that this was obligatory. It was said that when Maalik (may Allaah have mercy on him) refused to accept the position of qaadi (judge), he was beaten, and he could not put his hands on his chest when praying, so he held them by his sides because of the pain. Some of those who saw that thought this was Sunnah so they transmitted this from him. But he (may Allaah have mercy on him) definitely did not say that the arms should be held by one’s side at all. This is a misunderstanding of some written statement and it goes against what he stated clearly in al-Muwatta’ about the right hand being placed on top of the left. This was explained by a group of Maalikis and others, in various books which number approximately thirty, apart from what is mentioned in various commentaries.

Moreover, if it were proven that Maalik did hold his arms by his side for no reason, which is more deserving of being followed, the actions and words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), as mentioned in the ahaadeeth, or the words of Imaam Maalik?

Every seeker of the truth will follow the Sunnah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and give it priority over the views of anyone else.

And Allaah knows best.
              Last edited by abu salmah; 31-07-15, 07:29 PM.

Comment

no probs. but i don't understand why you're telling me that you should raise your hands after ruku, did i say otherwise ?
                nah ur post implied that Imam Malik didnt do rafaul yadain at all. The hadith of bukhari tells us that the prophet did rafaul yadain before and after ruku, however muwatta says he did it only after ruku. So rafaul yadain is still there in maliki fiqh
                Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by Darul Ilm View Post
                  You're a fine one to talk of aadaab. You attack great a'immah saying that while they were good people, they just didn't know anything, though they will be rewarded for their mistakes. And the millions of `ulamaa who followed them and spent their lives in researching the deen, they were just cult members who didn't know any better. And that is good manners.

Yet if i liken you to obama then i'm the rude one?

Sorry, it doesn't work like that in real life.

It's not like i have anything personal against you, i don't even know you. But when i see children spitting at the stars, i just can't hold myself back from throwing their spit back in their faces.
                  My. Issue with you started before the Obama comment and I said I don't get the reference not that it was rude. Which points back to what I said initially about your inability to read and comprehend. So jzkh for proving that point again

And I don't attack great aimmah and again you expose your inability to comprehend. The issue with any ulema is that although their sincerity will get one reward they are not infallible. The great ulema even said don't follow whatt they said but rather follow what they followed. Just a reminder although thus wasn't the discussion. If you had followed the discussion rather than wade in with snidey comments you would see thy my argument or point of discussion on here with people is that some of the claims that fall under madhaib cannot be called madhaib examples are sufis claiming to be hanifi but dancing into madness and trying g to justify it.

So yeah dress it up how hiu want to now but learn some adhab and even ask for clarification if it is beyond your comprehension and stop acting like the children you accuse others of. You pretend to be a scholar whilst others make no such claim so you need to show more patience and adhab. Instead of showing why as an ummah we are struggling today

Comment

Its not an issue of disagreeing, this claim is completely false and is rejected by Maliki scholars as having no basis at all.

What you posted again shows a complete lack of understanding on the Maliki position and basically dismisses the view as being baseless without properly understanding the evidence the Maliki madhab has in regards to said position.

Comment

On the chest in sha Allah.
                      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Originally posted by InTheBegining View Post
                        On the chest in sha Allah.

On chest exactly or just below it between chest and navel ?

Comment

Working...
                        X