where to fold hands in salah??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to fold hands in salah??

Im hanafi and i f0ld hands below belly button however i was reading a b0ok by Albaani named Pr0phets prayer sallallahu alayhi wassallam and there was a hadith in there which forbade folding hands 0n waist... So is hanafi fiqh wr0ng??

Re: where t0 fold hands in salah??

Originally posted by abcdefghij View Post
    Im hanafi and i f0ld hands below belly button however i was reading a b0ok by Albaani named Pr0phets prayer sallallahu alayhi wassallam and there was a hadith in there which forbade folding hands 0n waist... So is hanafi fiqh wr0ng??
    It doesn't matter whether you're hanafi or shaafi, both ways are acceptable. This picture in the link below will help you.

Comment

Folding hands or leaving it on sides does not matter.

You not going to get extra rewards for leaving on sides or folding on chest or navel. What matters is the attention and concentration . try and work on that aspect.

Comment

edited
        Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
          Folding hands or leaving it on sides does not matter.

You not going to get extra rewards for leaving on sides or folding on chest or navel. What matters is the attention and concentration . try and work on that aspect.
          Following sunnah would for sure give us extra reward. just sayin
          Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. But I have heard that Prophet saw has performed salah in different manners various times. This is why most people get confused as to which method is the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
              Following sunnah would for sure give us extra reward. just sayin
              You are right but point is everyone does thinking prophet did it the same way.

No one would like to oppose prophet. How things come to a person he follows that believing prophet would have done that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawah. View Post
                Couldn't agree more. But I have heard that Prophet saw has performed salah in different manners various times. This is why most people get confused as to which method is the correct one.
                Correct salah is that salah that keeps us away from sins. Allah swt says that salah should keep us away from sins.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                  Correct salah is that salah that keeps us away from sins. Allah swt says that salah should keep us away from sins.
                  In a way, yes. But often people take this answer as an excuse while offering the prayer with methods not according to the Sunnah. Offering the salah with concentration and submission is one part or rukn and offering it with the methods in accordance to Sunnah is another part. You can't just leave the method out just because the concentration or attention is most considerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawah. View Post
                    In a way, yes. But often people take this answer as an excuse while offering the prayer with methods not according to the Sunnah. Offering the salah with concentration and submission is one part or rukn and offering it with the methods in accordance to Sunnah is another part. You can't just leave the method out just because the concentration or attention is most considerable.
                    All the methods have proofs ...... and according to sunnah. leaving hands by sides was practiced by Imam malik ( ra ) , and his methodology was the amal of people of medina . He lived his whole life there.

Comment

Yes. Imaam Abu Haneefah wasn't perfect. I believe he ruled that the hands should be below the navel (if he said such a statement) was because of the following narration recorded in Sunan Abi Dawood, in which 'Alee (may Allaah be please with him) was reported to have said:

"السُّنَّةُ وَضْعُ الْكَفِّ عَلَى الْكَفِّ فِي الصَّلاَةِ تَحْتَ السُّرَّةِ"
                      "It is a sunnah to place one hand on the other in prayer below the navel." - Sunan Abi Dawood
                      There are many other narrations which give evidence for putting the hands below the navel. However, Sunnah.com reports all these Ahadeeth (narrations) which say to put the hand position below the navel are Da'eef (unauthentic), rated by Al-Albaani.

The Saheeh (authentic) Ahaadeth (narrations) with regards to the position of the hands in Salaah was also recorded in Sunan Abi Dawood, in which Tawus was reported to have said:

"كَانَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَضَعُ يَدَهُ الْيُمْنَى عَلَى يَدِهِ الْيُسْرَى ثُمَّ يَشُدُّ بَيْنَهُمَا عَلَى صَدْرِهِ وَهُوَ فِي الصَّلاَةِ"
                      "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to place his right hand on his left hand, then he folded them strictly on his chest in prayer." - Sunan Abi Dawood
                      And Allaah knows best.

Comment

the fastening of hands above or below the navel doesn't nullify prayer, so to say its wrong as in not allowed isn't right

However the importance of prayer is massively spoken off and the Prophet saw said ''pray as you see me pray''. He saw never prayed his faraidh in exclusion ie He saw prayed in jamaat with the Sahabah ra

So if 15 - 20 said He saw made takbir by raising his hands in prayer or placed hands on chest then we follow that and not a scholar

hanifis say women place on chest not men and as mentioned some malikis said don't fasten at all, yet the differences have little to no support

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

Both sides have evidences as far as I know.

Comment

I have a question!

Why cant all scholars from each school of th0ught sit together and find out the solution to all difference of 0pinion ?? or are they too arr0gant to do that??

Comment

Working...
                            X