Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salam, sister in need of advice

Salam everyone and Ramadan Mubarak!!!

I came across this forum just moments ago (sorry not sure if this belongs here) First off i'd like to introduce myself - I am a third year medical science student, and i spend most of my time at University studying. Until recently, i've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time reading quran/sunnah prayers/reading up on Islamic history; spending more time on work rather than religion.

Alhamdullilah i make use of the musalah at my University however i am really upset and disappointed in the treatment i receive. I am just so appalled by the amount of hatred between the muslim sisters. It really hurts when you give salam and receive a dry glance, or when you're praying and you hear remarks being made. I have been so uncomfortable and i really don't know what to do. It saddens me to see so much hypocrisy ... To be honest i don't like to discuss what may seem to be a petty issue, but i just thought i could get some helpful advice.

I am constantly treated in an unwelcoming manner by other muslim sisters - to the extent where i was told i could not join the muslim association at Uni as it was 'full'. Besides the point, i am a very ambitious/determined girl, and i would really like to do something/ be a part of something to make a difference. I had thought perhaps joining a muslim association was a starting point but now im not quite sure.

Re: salam, sister in need of advice

Originally posted by rourou... View Post
    Salam everyone and Ramadan Mubarak!!!

I came across this forum just moments ago (sorry not sure if this belongs here) First off i'd like to introduce myself - I am a third year medical science student, and i spend most of my time at University studying. Until recently, i've been feeling guilty about not spending enough time reading quran/sunnah prayers/reading up on Islamic history; spending more time on work rather than religion.

Alhamdullilah i make use of the musalah at my University however i am really upset and disappointed in the treatment i receive. I am just so appalled by the amount of hatred between the muslim sisters. It really hurts when you give salam and receive a dry glance, or when you're praying and you hear remarks being made. I have been so uncomfortable and i really don't know what to do. It saddens me to see so much hypocrisy ... To be honest i don't like to discuss what may seem to be a petty issue, but i just thought i could get some helpful advice.

I am constantly treated in an unwelcoming manner by other muslim sisters - to the extent where i was told i could not join the muslim association at Uni as it was 'full'. Besides the point, i am a very ambitious/determined girl, and i would really like to do something/ be a part of something to make a difference. I had thought perhaps joining a muslim association was a starting point but now im not quite sure.
    Response:

"Do people think that they will be left alone because they say: "We believe," and will not be tested.*

And We indeed tested those who were before them. And Allah will certainly make (it) known (the truth of) those who are true, and will certainly make (it) known (the falsehood of) those who are liars, (although Allah knows all that before putting them to test)."
    [Surah Al Ankabut 29:2-3]

This verse of the Qur'an should sum it up for you. The best of Muslims, as they strive in the cause of Allah, will be tested. You will start to question things regarding your religion. So sister, do not let this issue bother you. Instead, you should take on this issue and show Allah that no matter what life throws at you, you are a devout sister and Allah knows your heart, and you will always show that you love Allah no matter what life throws at you. Well, here is your chance. Use this trial as motivation, to continue to devout yourself in charity, modesty, and decency in the name of Allah. The outcome after this will be so great, inshaAllah.

And Allah knows best.

Comment

:salams

What you are saying is definitely horrible because university Muslim associations should be open to everyone, regardless of how practicing a person is.

But, anyways, maybe, you can go and speak to the head sister of the association and tell her how you've been treated by others.

In the meantime, you should continue being gentle with other sisters and have patience :insha: Don't let their rudeness get to you or pull you away from being courteous. It could be that over time they will soften up and see your good character which will affect them positively. Remember, not all Muslims are as they should be and sadly many of us do treat each other very negatively. But, return evil with good. :insha:
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

waslam,

inshallah..subhanallah, a kind word/ a word of advice from a fellow Muslim never fails to makes your day

thank you both for your kind words

Comment

Working...
        X