• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hatche
    replied
    Re: Bible and word of Allaah

Originally posted by abcdefghij View Post
    In quran Allaah says none can change the word of Allaah. so how's bible c0rrupted then??

Also, Allaah says He is the protector of Ka'abah.... So why was ka'abah destroyed over and over again during the times of different caliphs??

Also, Allah says quran is preserved.. So why is it that some people recite 'maaliki yaum i ddin' and others recite it as 'maliki yom....' the 2 names of Allah mean different. They're not same!! That's not really preserving....!!

Also I'm having waswas time t0 time.. About apostating from islam.. How 2 deal with it? I feel like I'll die a kafir aoodhubillah
    Assalamualaikum! :D

The Bible is not the Word of God to start with in the first place. It contains material written by humans. For example, it includes letters written by a man called paul. This means that the Bible can be corrupted.

Difference in recitation does not mean that the Quran is not preserved. If what is written is the same, then it means that the Quran has been preserved.

What waswas are you having? One way to deal with them is to find good answers to them!

Leave a comment:

• abcdefghij
    replied

As for y0ur first reply: you mean that Allah's w0rds mean Allah's decree??

2ndly: here are the verses :

Have they not seen that We have made (Makkah) a ssecure sanctuary. (29:67)

Have we not established for them a secure sanctuary. (28:57)

"and whoever inclines to evil actions therein or to do wrong, him We shall cause to taste from a painful torment" (22:25)

So now answer

3rd:

How would you feel if one day you read Surah Rahman and see that on the mushaf instead of.'Ar-Rahman' the word Ar raheem is printed?? And you see half people reciting ar rahman and the other half reciting ar raheem.

There is a difference and you can't deny that! Maalik and malik are two different things..

This is a clear pronunciation difference between maalik and malik!
    By preserved i always thought it means the Quran we recite is the one that was recited by the Sahaba. Do you think sahaba s0mtimes recited malik and 0ther times recited maalik?
    S0rry but im not satisfied by y0ur explanation! Please answer, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• JustinCredible7
    replied

In quran Allaah says none can change the word of Allaah. so how's bible c0rrupted then??
    Imam al-Tabari in his Qur'anic commentary states:

"None can change His words", He [Allah] is saying that there is no one who could change what He has informed in His books about anything which is bound to happen during it's time or has been postponed. It all happens as Allah says it would."

[Ibn Jarir al-Tabari, Jami' al-bayan fi ta'wil al-Qur'an, Commentary on Qur'an:6:115]

Imam al-Qurtubi in his commentary states:

"al-Romaani narrated on the authority of Qataadah who said: There is no change in the judgment of God. Even if one were to change and substitute the words just as the people of the book did with the Torah and Gospel, God doesn't consider this."

[Abu 'Abdullah al-Qurtubi, Tafsir al Jami' li-ahkam al-Qur'an, Commentary on Qur'an:6:115]

This is a crucial point that is being made. Anyone could simply pick up a Qur'an and grab a pen and scribble out words and add his own, however that doesn't mean that one is refuting the idea that none can change the words of Allah. Rather, changing the words of Allah in the passage means that one cannot change what He has promised would occur.

Moving on, you said:
    Allaah says He is the protector of Ka'abah.... So why was ka'abah destroyed over and over again during the times of different caliphs??
    I am sure in the Qur'an nowhere does He [Allah] claim that He will protect the physical Kaaba building or the black stone from any harm whatsoever; the incident of the Elephant in Surat-al-Fil which I think you are alluding to only demonstrates that He did so at that time.

Hence onto your last question,
    Allah says quran is preserved.. So why is it that some people recite 'maaliki yaum i ddin' and others recite it as 'maliki yom....' the 2 names of Allah mean different. They're not same!! That's not really preserving....!!
    The meaning of preserve is "maintain (something) in its original or existing state." and this had been done during Uthman's Caliphate, as Uthman knew that Islam was growing, and people were copying and recording the Qur'an over and over to disseminate wide and far and in doing so they were omitting the dialectical and pronunciation markings. So Uthman acted quickly to ensure the original text, in its original form was preserved. All written manuscripts were collected and destroyed with only the original and complete text remaining and re-disseminated.

It also has to be noted that the Qur'an is in its primary source a verbal transmission - and so still today all new publication runs of the Qur'an are proof read by those who have memorised the Qur'an by heart.

From this we know clearly there are multiple unbroken chains of Qur'anic memorisers going back over 1400 years in addition to the one written version of the Qur'an that exists everywhere.

Therefore, the Qur'an is preserved and what you were alluding to with who one pronounces Surat-al-Fatiha isn't really proving the Qur'ans preservation wrong; but it's like what you would see in the different recitations, like the way one would recite the Qur'an, whether they would do it in a Mujawwad way [like you're "singing it] or one would choose to recite it in a Murattal way [slower pace].

In conclusion, I would like to ask how old are you, where you from [country] and wish you a Ramadan Mubarak.

Leave a comment:

• abcdefghij
    replied

Is there n0 one who can answer this??

Leave a comment:

• abcdefghij
    replied

Originally posted by Face Off View Post
    I'm not an arab, so are you saying the Quran is changed ? Then why are muslims on the forum keep saying it's unchanged ?
    Why don't they reply t0 this thread?

Leave a comment:

• Face Off
    replied

This is a change of Quranic text not recitation. Maalik doesn't remain maalik it becomes malik. 2 different w0rds!
    I'm not an arab, so are you saying the Quran is changed ? Then why are muslims on the forum keep saying it's unchanged ?

Leave a comment:

• abcdefghij
    replied

Originally posted by Face Off View Post
    From my readings the prophet Muhammad was taught 7 styles to recite the Quran by angel gabriel.
    This is a change of Quranic text not recitation. Maalik doesn't remain maalik it becomes malik. 2 different w0rds!

Leave a comment:

• Face Off
    replied

Also, Allaah says He is the protector of Ka'abah.... So why was ka'abah destroyed over and over again during the times of different caliphs??

Also, Allah says quran is preserved.. So why is it that some people recite 'maaliki yaum i ddin' and others recite it as 'maliki yom....' the 2 names of Allah mean different. They're not same!! That's not really preserving....!!

Also I'm having waswas time t0 time.. About apostating from islam.. How 2 deal with it? I feel like I'll die a kafir aoodhubillah
    From my readings the prophet Muhammad was taught 7 styles to recite the Quran by angel gabriel.

Leave a comment:

• abcdefghij
    started a topic Bible and word of Allaah

Bible and word of Allaah

Working...
X