Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Allah want everyone to become Muslim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Does Allah want everyone to become Muslim?

Originally posted by Joyous_muslimah View Post
    Is this stoning one of them?
    Did you see Post 208? That is how you reply when a non-Muslim gets all "logic and reason" with you.

Reference for Allah's attribute no. 2:

"Is not Allah the most just of judges?"

(Surah Teen, Last Verse)

Comment

Originally posted by SBL View Post
      I do get your point and I agree.

The point I was making is that God is concerned with our spiritual development, not our religion. Religion is man made interpretations of spiritual revelations. Many find their path to their own spiritual growth through religion however, it is not necessary to follow any religion or even Islam in order to grow spiritually towards God. Religion has helped many, it has also divided many and caused many wars - such things are against God's creation and it should be remembered that this division and arguing can destroy spiritual growth too.

My dear friend I totally agree with you that Spiritual Development is what that matters. However, think Islam as a frame work of best practices which has been finalised by Allah SWT. Allah SWT gave us many religions over a period of 1000's of years. Previous religion laid a the stage for the next religions until Islam. Thereafter the process stopped because the religion got perfected and Allah made it easy and clear for us.

Yes, people can choose different path for their spiritual enlightenment. However, it will either lead them astray or will not result in Salvation because the path itself was not perfect.

And Allah knows Best

Comment

To the person asking the question you need to look at good examples around you and see the benefits (or disadvantages) of converting to Islam. I can only give you examples about what I have seen in my life. Before I tell you I will tell you that I am a hindu and live in India. My mom converted to Islam a few years ago after her divorce and subsequent marriage to a muslim person. When mom got remarried we were in a very precarious condition and my muslim step dad was like a savior and helped us through the crisis. Many people complained that the marriage was not very compatible since my step dad was much older than her and already had 2 wives. However mom went ahead with the marriage and I have seen many many changes in her life. Firstly she converted to Islam before marriage and she also changed her hindu name and adopted an Islamic name. Moreover before marriage mom has a habit of wearing revealing clothes but after marriage she is always in a burqa or hijab while going out. She prays regularly now and I can tell you that she is very happy with her decision. Before her remarriage she was doing a lot of wrong things, going to parties, drinking alcohol etc. However after getting married she has settled into her good pious life, she gave birth twice and is now a loving mother and wife.

Take my life as you may but I would suggest look into the positive aspects of Islam and how it changed people for the better and maybe it will help you answer your questions

Comment

Originally posted by shabbir80 View Post
          (1) Does Allah want everyone to become Muslim and (2) does he want Islam to be the only religion in the world?
          Subhanna Allah- Glory be to Allah who is above the imperfections of Man.

Yes, and yes.

Answer to (1): Allah says in the Holy Quran (what means):

2:21
          O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous -
          Answer to (2): Allah says in the Holy Quran (what means):

61:9
          It is He who sent His Messenger with guidance and the [deen] way of life/religion of truth to manifest it over all [deen] ways of life/religions, although those who associate others with Allah dislike it.
          Allah has what includes Universal Will, and Legislative Will. The Universal Will is all of existence and reality. Legislative Will is what He commands, as in verse 2:21.

And Allah knows best.
          Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
          " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Kamel View Post
            Quote Originally Posted by shabbir80 View Post
            (1) Does Allah want everyone to become Muslim and (2) does he want Islam to be the only religion in the world?
            Subhanna Allah- Glory be to Allah who is above the imperfections of Man.

Yes, and yes

And Allah knows best.
            Are you sure Allah wants everyone to be Muslim? I'm getting a different impression by these verses

If it was Allah's will/want then everyone will be Muslim in this life but He is letting people disbelieve...In the akhirah everyone will believe but then it's too late but in this dunya not everyone is worthy of being guided by Allah right?
            So not everyone is meant to be Muslim in this life but Allah created everyone to worship Him and I agree that Islam is the only religion He accepts.
            Surely if Allah wants something it would happen...Allah gave people the free will to choose their religion even though He may not approve of that religion...

Am I wrong in interpreting it as above??????If I'm wrong can you explain these ayahs
            If Allah wanted everyone to be Muslim wouldn't He guide everyone?

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. Qur'an 14:4

And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed - all of them entirely. Then, [O Muhammad], would you compel the people in order that they become believers?Qur'an 10:99

Noble Verse 18:29 "Say, 'The truth is from your Lord': Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it): for the wrong doers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like melted brass, that will scald their faces, how dreadful the drink! How uncomfortable a couch to recline on!"

Noble Verse 2:256 "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

Surah 14:27 Allah confirmeth those who believe by a firm saying in the life of the world and in the Hereafter, and Allah sendeth wrong-doers astray. And Allah doeth what He will.
            http://www.answering-christianity.co...e_of_allah.htm

I'm getting confused can someone clarify
            Last edited by Qiyamah; 11-04-16, 12:05 AM.

They will say, "Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we would not be among the companions of the Blazing Fire." Qur'an 67:10 💚💙💜

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post
              Are you sure Allah wants everyone to be Muslim? I'm getting a different impression by these verses

If it was Allah's will/want then everyone will be Muslim in this life but He is letting people disbelieve...In the akhirah everyone will believe but then it's too late but in this dunya not everyone is worthy of being guided by Allah right?
              So not everyone is meant to be Muslim in this life but Allah created everyone to worship Him and I agree that Islam is the only religion He accepts.
              Surely if Allah wants something it would happen...Allah gave people the free will to choose their religion even though He may not approve of that religion...

Am I wrong in interpreting it as above??????If I'm wrong can you explain these ayahs

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. Qur'an 14:4

And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed - all of them entirely. Then, [O Muhammad], would you compel the people in order that they become believers?Qur'an 10:99

Noble Verse 18:29 "Say, 'The truth is from your Lord': Let him who will believe, and let him who will, reject (it): for the wrong doers We have prepared a Fire whose (smoke and flames), like the walls and roof of a tent, will hem them in: if they implore relief they will be granted water like melted brass, that will scald their faces, how dreadful the drink! How uncomfortable a couch to recline on!"

Noble Verse 2:256 "Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things."

Surah 14:27 Allah confirmeth those who believe by a firm saying in the life of the world and in the Hereafter, and Allah sendeth wrong-doers astray. And Allah doeth what He will.

:salams: ukthi. we should not forget verses of mercy of Allah are much much more than the verses of punishment and Allah being The Adil The JUST will never do injustice to his slaves.

Noble Quran 53:39-40 ''And that there is not for man except that [good] for which he strives And that his effort is going to be seen -''

Note : The Above verse is EXPLICITLY PROVED in the case of Bro Yusha Evans, the EX Christian Youth minister's endless effort to find his Lord , His Creator he found it when he started to feel he would never ever find him . Do try his thread in Comparative religion section and one of them is here watch him at 8 minutes ticker his OVERWHELMING JOY FROM A DISAPPOINTMENT FROM HIS NON STOP GREAT EFFORTS which every searcher of his Lord must learn
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXcJ4b84-Lk

10:100 ''And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah , and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason''.

But we have to still believe in Al Qadr which is some what out of our humans mind 's reach also as per the below hadith which Allah AR Rahman told us ( in a verse of Noble Quran) just to console us in our setbacks and to avoid takkabur in our successes.

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 602:

Narrated 'Ali:

While we were sitting with the Prophet who had a stick with which he was scraping the earth, he lowered his head and said, "There is none of you but has his place assigned either in the Fire or in Paradise." Thereupon a man from the people said, "Shall we not depend upon this, O Allah's Apostle?" The Prophet said, "No, but carry on and do your deeds, for everybody finds it easy to do such deeds (as will lead him to his place)." The Prophet then recited the Verse: 'As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah..' (92.5)
              Last edited by talibilm09; 11-04-16, 10:49 AM.
              My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Qiyamah View Post

Ukhti Qiyamah,

Brother Talibilm09 is right.

This is a complex matter that is an essential aspect of Qadr, one of the tenets of Iman.
                For this reason, one must discipline one's thinking to be consistent with the textual evidences.
                And this is appears to be where your concern is.

First, I encourage you to recite the following du`ah from the Holy Quran (20:114) wherein Allah AWJ instructs:

"... say "My Lord, increase me in Knowledge'."

And cite the du`ah in my signature.

Second, the "Mashe`ah" Will of Allah is recognized in at least two ways: Universal (kawni) and Legislative (Sharii).
                Everything that exists, good or bad, any action, thought, event, etc. exists because Allah's Universal Will. He may or may not want it, but He wills it. Any man may wish for vast wealth and power, but it does not materialize because Allah's Universal Will did not correspond with the fulfillment of that wish, even though the wish or dream or thought itself was Allah's Will.

Third, what Allah wants (Iradah) and what Allah wills do not always correspond. Thus, Allah wants us to worship Him alone, as He specifically commands in ayah 2:21, but He has also granted us limited freewill by which some of mankind worship other than Allah. Thus, he wants and legally commands us to worship Him alone, but as many men and women are ungrateful, arrogant, rebellious, their hearts desire to worship false gods and associate others with Allah. And Allah AWJ in His infinite Wisdom, wills this to materialize, so that they worship and associate others with Allah.

Fourth, the Legislative Will (Sharii) and what Allah wants (Iradah) correspond. The Legislative Will emanates as the Hukm Sharii: the Address of the Legislator to the actions of Man. The Hukm Sharii is the foundation of what we call today "Shariah". "Shariah" is the all encompassing term that includes the Hukm Sharii, and the usul and furu fiqh, including various fatawa, and the comprehensive accumulation of law.

Thus, when Allah prohibits eating pork, and the believer avoids this, then this is what Allah wants. And in this is Allah's Pleasure (Radiya). This is the nature of Ubudiyah: to recognize belief and piety in sincere action seeking the pleasure of Allah.

So as Talibilm posted what the Holy Prophet mentioned, no matter what Allah reveals as to Qadr: His Knowledge, His Will, what He has had written down, and destined to occur; the believer must strive in seeking excellence in the worship of Allah by adhering to the Shariah, the Hukm Sharii. This is what Allah wants ( Iradah) corresponding with what He Legislates (Sharii) and He has said is most pleased with in the first and best generation (Sahaba :RAA:).

This is why many ulama say the most excellent correspondence and manifestation of Iradah and Sharii (besides the Anbiyaa ) was Abi Bakr :RAA:.

In light of this understanding of Qadr and Mashe`ah, if one examines the above questioned ayat:

14:4; "...Allah sends astray whom HE wills and guides whom HE wills."

[In commentary, one can understand this to refer to "kawni" Universal Will.]

10:99: "Had your Lord willed, all of them would have believed entirely..."

[Also in commentary, if Allah had universally willed it, they would have believed and had been in correspondence with what He legislatively willed. But He, in His Most Excellent and Perfect Wisdom, allowed for mankind to have limited freewill by which they may believe, or disbelieve, to do good, and do wrong. ]

and more later :insha:

May Allah forgive me for any errors, and all errors are my own. And Allah is the All Knowing, All Forgiving.
                Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
                " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray

Comment

Originally posted by shabbir80 View Post
                  I'm trying to understand this:

Everything happens with Allah's will.
                  Nothing can happen against Allah's will.
                  Allah wills and it happens.
                  Hidayah (Guidance) only comes from Allah.
                  If people are not guided and are disbelievers, that cannot be against Allah's will, if that was not Allah's will they would be believers. right?

Why is the majority of world's population not Muslim? Is that Allah's will?
                  Let me try to explain this, though i may be wrong:

When someone plays a computer game he has multiple occasions where he himself would have to make choices, right? And the outcome would be on the basis of his choices. However, the computer game was pre-configured to provide with the results that would be the culmination of various choices that are made during the game by the person playing.

From the above, the below assumptions are correct:

a) The programmer has willed the entire program. As such, any outcome of the game is on the basis of what the programmer has willed.
                  b) The player has a free will and is free to make choices at each and every point that he encounters.

Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X