Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how does this "repentance" thing work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how does this "repentance" thing work?

So does this mean that Allah will forgive me? I dont know what to do with my life. I feel like Allah has not forgiven me....

Re: Losing my faith because of Quran (Surah Fussilat 41:9-12) - need help

So if i die , then allah will not forgive me right?? and if i repent before dying then allah will forigve me??
    Because in some websites it says that Allah will NEVER forigive shirk so that;s why im just really scared that will allah ever forgive me>..?

Comment

And this is where it scares me that Allah will never forgive shirk.. does it mean that he will never forgive even if we repent??

Comment

So if i repent before death he will forgive me but if i die and dont repent then he will never forgive me righT?

Comment

Originally posted by Humaira_ View Post
          So if i repent before death he will forgive me but if i die and dont repent then he will never forgive me righT?
          the answer for that is all throughout quran
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

So if i die , then allah will not forgive me right?? and if i repent before dying then allah will forigve me??
            Because in some websites it says that Allah will NEVER forigive shirk so that;s why im just really scared that will allah ever forgive me>..?
            Allah never forgive Shirk if you die and you still do Shirk to Allah.

If u realize that u have done Shirk and Really REPENT before you die, Allah will accept your Repentance.

Allah is All-Merciful.
            Exalted Allah The Mighty.

May Allah give HIS RAHMAT to us all.

http://bestoflights.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes.
              Exalted Allah The Mighty.

May Allah give HIS RAHMAT to us all.

http://bestoflights.blogspot.com

Comment

Repenting?

Is it a good sign and is it considered sincere repenting when you return to Allah after losing something not because you want that thing back but because you are ashamed that you were involved in haram relationship and really want Allahs forgiveness

Comment

Re: Repenting?

yes, that's a good sign.

The only requirements for repentance as far as I know are:
                  1. Be sincere in your intention
                  2. Hate the sin and intend to abstain from it.
                  O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Re: So how does this "repentance" thing work?

So does this mean that Allah will forgive me? I dont know what to do with my life. I feel like Allah has not forgiven me....
                    Assalamualaikum, sister!

The key to repentance is this:

"..the acceptance of repentance is subject to the condition that the person gives up the sin straight away, that he regrets what has happened in the past, that he resolves not to go back to the thing he has repented from, that he restores people’s rights or property if his sin involved wrongdoing towards others, and that he repents before the agony of death is upon him."

Read this fatwa slowly:

http://islamqa.info/en/14289

Comment

Re: So how does this "repentance" thing work?

i thought i should share these videos on shirk and repentance!
                      they are excellent and very short, with citations from the Quran and sahih hadith!

& http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0UQdkYuWwU
                      Amazing Youtube and facebook page made by Muslims!
                      gotta subscribe and check out the videos and News posts!
                      like https://www.facebook.com/info.truefaceofislam
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/ncapcs?sub_confirmation=1

Comment

Originally posted by An123456 View Post
                        Is it a good sign and is it considered sincere repenting when you return to Allah after losing something not because you want that thing back but because you are ashamed that you were involved in haram relationship and really want Allahs forgiveness
                        That is the true belief

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
                          yes, that's a good sign.

The only requirements for repentance as far as I know are:
                          1. Be sincere in your intention
                          2. Hate the sin and intend to abstain from it.
                          She has to avoid the sin in the future
                          And try to compensate for the harms the sin did to others already

Comment

Repentance itself is not automatically provide forgiveness for you must pay the price. But when you repent and pray for forgiveness you are beginning to put yourselves into harmony with God's Laws - you are beginning to look within yourself and to examine yourself, and that is when real progress begins.
                            If you choose the paths of selfishness you must pay the price. If you choose the paths of service, you receive the reward that comes in the growth of character. It is all fixed by the operation of God's Laws. It is perfection and nothing can alter perfection. All else is a doctrine of cowardice and injustice. If you have done wrong, you pay the price! Do not attempt to shelve your responsibilities on to the back of another. The saint, the altruist, the good reach a higher level than the selfish because their souls have grown much more. How else could it be? Could one man be selfish and reach, after death, the same level as he who devoted his whole life to service? This would make a mockery of God's Laws and His perfect justice? Of course not. Life is what you make it. No matter what your sphere, no matter what your occupation, whether you be born of high or low parentage, whatever your rank or tide, your colour or race or nationality, you all have opportunities for service. If you neglect them you pay the price, and none can interfere. That which a man sows he must reap.

Comment

Working...
                            X