Do Salafi's have a different aqeedah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Salafi's have a different aqeedah?

I use to think it's just slander against them, but now i realize there seems to be a major difference between sunni's and salafi's with regards to Allah swt?

Some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wWakZbf2E

http://islamqa.info/en/992
    992: Evidence that Allah is Exalted, High Above His Creation and Above the Heavens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr5cZZ-2DAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XKGPhDZcw0

And another salafi website arguing against the sunni's that perform tafwid - something shias' dont do either, but there's so much infighting

Tafwid literally means to relegate, or to entrust someone with something. It is found in the ayah, “…my affair I commit (ufawwidu) to Allah…” (40:44).
    For the scholars of kalam it means to relegate the meanings of the Attributes of Allah without explaining them or discussing them. This was unknown to the early scholars and doesn’t seem to have appeared until the time of al-Shahrastani, Ghazali, and Razi (d. 547, 505, and 612AH respectively).
    They made tafwid because of the false conviction that the Attributes could not be understood in a literal manner or it would lead to anthropomorphism, and the realization that the early scholars of Islam had never been exposed to the Aristotelian logic and cosmology upon which they based this conviction.
    This led them to say that the earlier generations had no knowledge of the Sifaat and that they were “too pious and holy” to understand them, and thus made tafwid, whereas the ‘refined’ and ’sophisticated’ scholars of kalam came to make it more academic.
    To make tafwid is to basically say the Attributes of Allah are like random letters, i.e. when Allah says He has a “yadd” (hand) He may as well just have said “Alif Laam Meem” because we don’t know what it means and we ‘relegate’ it to Allah. This is in direct contradiction to what Imam Maalik said, that isitiwaa is KNOWN but the kayf (how) is unknown. When one makes tafwid he says the meaning is also unknown. And this is what is meant by the copious narrations from the early scholars which all basically say in regards to the narrations of Allah’s Attributes, “pass them on as they have come, we believe in them, and narrate them, without any kayf.”
    If Imam Maalik’s narration was in support of tafwid he would have never said istiwaa is known and the kayf is unknown. He wouldn’t need to specify the kayf if the meaning was also unknown (as is the case in tafwid).
    Ibn Taymiyyah said in al-’Aql wan-Naql,

http://www.saheefah.org/2007/12/01/t...ers-of-tafwid/

Re: Do Salafi's have a different aqeedah?

Are you obsessed with salafis ?

Comment

Salafi meaning following the righteous predecessors, I believe the first three generation of Muslims had the best knowledge of correct aqeedha.

Comment

Salafis follow the athari aqeedah, the aqeedah upon the understanding of the righteous predecessors, though some others do also, i.ie not all atharis are salafis.

This is the correct aqeedah of ahlus sunnah wal jammah and people can jump up and down all day long declaring themselves sunni all day long, it is whether they can back it up with daleel that shows the truthfulness of their claim or not.
        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
          Salafis follow the athari aqeedah, the aqeedah upon the understanding of the righteous predecessors, though some others do also, i.ie not all atharis are salafis.

This is the correct aqeedah of ahlus sunnah wal jammah and people can jump up and down all day long declaring themselves sunni all day long, it is whether they can back it up with daleel that shows the truthfulness of their claim or not.
          Indeed. It's ironic today that the "group" labeling themselves most openly and loudly as AHLUS SUNNAH WAL JAMA'AH are also one of the "groups" most firmly entrenched in bid'ah and following their desires.
          "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

Originally posted by RashidD View Post
            Indeed. It's ironic today that the "group" labeling themselves most openly and loudly as AHLUS SUNNAH WAL JAMA'AH are also one of the "groups" most firmly entrenched in bid'ah and following their desires.
            Excuse no 1: good Innovation is good
            Excuse no 2: KALAAAAAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
              Salafi meaning following the righteous predecessors, I believe the first three generation of Muslims had the best knowledge of correct aqeedha.
              this
              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

anybody with common sense would understand this, is it soo complicated? Would a stranger know about me, what I believe, what I said and how would I react to something more than my family and close companions? Wouldn't a student know what his master thought better than someone outside?

Comment

common sense seems to be in short supply these days
                  Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

decline in human intellect since then...predicable much

Comment

decline in human morality too

Comment

This what makes them so backwards, Come on! if muslims really followed the ways of the salaf we would be the most honorable people in the world and the most honored insight of Allah. Muslims have become the second Bani Israel

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X