Interpreting Quran??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interpreting Quran??

That's How we make DEDUCTION; without EVER INDUCED our OWN opinion (TAKWIL) on the meaning.

We do NOT, go and try to figure out from other than AL-QURAN itself.

If we cannot find the RELATED verses to explain; that is BECAUSE we have not been HAFIZ yet, or Allah has not shown us - that is the time, you have to ask MEN OF UNDERSTANDING (Ulil Albab) or Ulama that Fears Only Allah and does not take a dime for explaining the verses of Allah.

May Allah BESTOWED HIS NI'MAH to us.
    Exalted Allah The Mighty.

May Allah give HIS RAHMAT to us all.

http://bestoflights.blogspot.com

Comment

And this is the ACTUAL meaning of MUTASYABIHAAT.

RELATED and RESEMBLES.

IT Resembles each other, from WHERE (by reading all other related/resemble verses) the True MEANING is REVEALED to us.

Clearly, the Quran is Book of Guidance.

MasyaAllah.

Comment

Response:

Salaam. I did not say the word means unclear. I said that the word refers to being unclear according to the context. There is a difference.

The Qur'an says there are verses that are clear, and verses that resemble it. To resemble what is clear means that it is unclear. So the word still refers to being unclear, even by admitting that it means "resemble". That is why every translation uses unclear or a word synonymous to it in its translation.

So quoting verses from the Qur'an that says the Qur'an is clear only makes my point. The Qur'an is clear, when read in context.

And stating that "running" in the statements "I'm running for President and "I'm running track" does not say not running or walking for President is irrelevant. For it still does not change the fact that the meaning of running in each statement differs. One is referring to sprinting and the other is referring to campaigning. Two different things, coming from the same word. Thus making my point.

And Allah knows best.
        Last edited by Al-Fatihah; 13-05-15, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Fatihah View Post
          Response:

Salaam. I did not say the word means unclear. I said that the word refers to being unclear according to the context. There is a difference.

The Qur'an says there are verses that are clear, and verses that resemble it. To resemble what is clear means that it is unclear. So the word still refers to being unclear, even by admitting that it means "resemble". That is why every translation uses unclear or a word synonymous to it in its translation.

So quoting verses from the Qur'an that says the Qur'an is clear only makes my point. The Qur'an is clear, when read in context.

And stating that "running" in the statements "I'm running for President and "I'm running track" does not say not running or walking for President is irrelevant. For it still does not change the fact that the meaning of running in each statement differs. One is referring to sprinting and the other is referring to campaigning. Two different things, coming from the same word. Thus making my point.

And Allah knows best.
          I like the way you think.

May Allah Give His Rahmat to all of us.

Comment

Esoteric interpretation of the Quran, also known as Sufi interpretation and taʾwīl (تأويل), is the allegorical interpretation of the Quran or the quest for its hidden, inner meanings. It was a synonym of conventional interpretation in its earliest use, but it came to mean a process of discerning its most fundamental understandings.[1] Esoteric interpretations do not usually contradict the conventional (in this context called exoteric) interpretations; instead, they discuss the inner levels of meaning of the Quran.[2] The words Ta'wil and Tafsir have been translated to mean explanation, elucidation, interpretation, and commentary; but from the end of the 8th century onwards, 'ta'wil' was commonly regarded as the esoteric or mystical interpretation of the Quran, while the conventional exegesis of the Quran was called "tafsir". The term batin refers to the inner or esoteric meaning of a sacred text, and zahir to the apparent or exoteric meaning.[3] Esoteric interpretations are found in Sufi, Shia, Sunni, and Baha'i interpretations of the Quran. A hadith which states that the Quran has an inner meaning, and that this inner meaning conceals a yet deeper inner meaning, and so on (up to seven successive levels of deeper meaning), has sometimes been used in support of this view.[2]

in 55:79 the Quran describes itself: "This is an honorable Quran, in a book hidden, which none can touch except the purified." In the exoteric sense, the Quran requires Muslims to perform ritual
            cleansing of their hands before touching it. Esoteric interpreters were of the opinion that it implies that individuals with spiritual purity are able to grasp the meaning of the Quran

Comment

Originally posted by thisissultan View Post
              Very good talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oPHH4nPklU (A Crisis of Confidence Amongst Muslims & How We Read Our Scripture)
              Thank you, I will watch this later but more importantly... is he single?? :inlove:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X