Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Shi'ite VS sunni Islam

Originally posted by Foodadad View Post
    So. Can any sunni still call this guy his brother?

Depending on how you say "brother"
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      Oh ok. And they lived very harsh lives so of course your point is valid.

I am however in favour of the ways the Khalifas took place.

Cause they all passed away at the time decreed and their presence was needed at the times they were Khalifas respectively.

Alhamdulillah. I see the beauty in the way it took place.

I consider them to be correct too because prophet said that Khilafat will last 30 years. Its will be wrong for me to dispute the saying of prophet.

I just have a feeling that if after Umar ( RA ) , Ali ( RA ) / Abdul Bin Rawuf ( RA ) would have been made a khalifa by the committee it would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
        Brother , other than Allah ( swt ) no one is Infalliable. I am not telling you to become sunni or something like that , but please think about what Aqeedah you have, you believe that human is above mistakes?
        By infallible, i mean they have the choice to commit error's but they simple wouldn't. Were all born ma'sum however not everybody preserves their infallibility, but the imams did, they were righteous in their action's and followed the path of islam at all times and are models and examples to us all.

God bless you all.

Comment

I consider them to be correct too because prophet said that Khilafat will last 30 years. Its will be wrong for me to dispute the saying of prophet.

I just have a feeling that if after Umar ( RA ) , Ali ( RA ) / Abdul Bin Rawuf ( RA ) would have been made a khalifa by the committee it would have been better.
          There is a hadith where rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam is sitting at a well and gives good news of jannah to Sahabas who come in to the garden. When Uthman is about to come in rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam said to give him good news after a calamari befalls him.

There are many hadiths prophecising the fitna Umar will go through during his caliphate and even when Uthman is about to die he remembers the advice of not giving up his leadership from rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam.

Upon his death, his blood spills on the verse "and Allah is sufficient for you"
          "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Comment

Originally posted by Foodadad View Post
            So. Can any sunni still call this guy his brother?
            Brother , whether someone is shia or qadiyani or barelvi or sufi etc , they follow something because they are born in that, we need to be patient with others , and listen what they are saying and then explain . this is what the prophets did.

Many sunnis also believe whatever a Mullah says to them , without researching even a word.

One guy , a sunni , much younger to be , told me I am misguided . I asked him why the four khalifas were khulafa e Rashidun ? He said its ijma that is why.

He even does not know that there is hadeeth that makes the khalifas as Rashidun.

Unfortunately the basic problem is we stick to one scholar and listen to that person only ( I mean lectures ) and thus we will never understand what others are saying. If suppose a Qadiyani whole life listens to his own scholars , then he will die with believe that Mirza Ghulam was a prophet. To seek truth one needs to listen to others point of view also.

Comment

There is a hadith where rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam is sitting at a well and gives good news of jannah to Sahabas who come in to the garden. When Uthman is about to come in rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam said to give him good news after a calamati befalls him.

There are many hadiths prophecising the fitna Uthman will go through during his caliphate and even when Uthman is about to die he remembers the advice of not giving up his leadership from rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam.

Typo*

Comment

There is a hadith where rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam is sitting at a well and gives good news of jannah to Sahabas who come in to the garden. When Uthman is about to come in rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam said to give him good news after a calamari befalls him.

There are many hadiths prophecising the fitna Umar will go through during his caliphate and even when Uthman is about to die he remembers the advice of not giving up his leadership from rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam.

Uthman ( RA ) was a pious person , among sabiqoon sahabas , I am not denying his virtues. but his accumen was not administration , he made certain mistakes and that cost him.

Comment

Brother , whether someone is shia or qadiyani or barelvi or sufi etc , they follow something because they are born in that, we need to be patient with others , and listen what they are saying and then explain . this is what the prophets did.

Many sunnis also believe whatever a Mullah says to them , without researching even a word.

One guy , a sunni , much younger to be , told me I am misguided . I asked him why the four khalifas were khulafa e Rashidun ? He said its ijma that is why.

He even does not know that there is hadeeth that makes the khalifas as Rashidun.

Unfortunately the basic problem is we stick to one scholar and listen to that person only ( I mean lectures ) and thus we will never understand what others are saying. If suppose a Qadiyani whole life listens to his own scholars , then he will die with believe that Mirza Ghulam was a prophet. To seek truth one needs to listen to others point of view also.
                  I was raised in a Sunni house hold and found my path to Shiism.

Comment

Originally posted by Musa Sadr View Post
                    By infallible, i mean they have the choice to commit error's but they simple wouldn't. Were all born ma'sum however not everybody preserves their infallibility, but the imams did, they were righteous in their action's and followed the path of islam at all times and are models and examples to us all.

God bless you all.
                    You are contradicting both things . Humans have no choice , they make mistakes.

Its human nature , no one can avoid that.

Comment

Because it makes sense that ahlul bait should have taken precence in islam?

Tell me who do you get along with more, your closest friend or your family?

Comment

Because it makes sense that ahlul bait should have taken precedence in islam?

Precedence***

Comment

I said to you previously , I do not care you are a sufi , shia , sunni , barelvi etc. Follow whatever you want , but make sure you do not follow any scholar blindly and think what they say is revelation. remember to start by having basic correct aqeedah , its incorrect not to believe in Qadr or believe that Ahle Bayat are infalliable.

Comment

Because it makes sense that ahlul bait should have taken precence in islam?

My family definitely !. It's not just about ahlul bayt taking precedence in Islam, theres so many factors that made me reconsider my faith. Like the event at Saqifa , or how Imam Jaafar was the teacher of the Sunni imams , or why Sunni mosque's rarely tell the story of Karbalaa, and so many other factors.

Comment

My family definitely !. It's not just about ahlul bayt taking precedence in Islam, theres so many factors that made me reconsider my faith. Like the event at Saqifa , or how Imam Jaafar was the teacher of the Sunni imams , or why Sunni mosque's rarely tell the story of Karbalaa, and so many other factors.
                              I know the story of karbala. So you love beating yourself up?

Take a few beatings to urself, -on me :)

Comment

I know the story of karbala. So you love beating yourself up?

Take a few beatings to urself, -on me :)
                                So you love blowing your self up and beheading people?.

Same logic used, dont generalize.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X