• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musa Sadr
    replied
    Re: Shi'ite VS sunni Islam

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
    I believe the lay shia are ignorant so I hope they have an excuse infront of Allah on judgement day.

When you talk to them about the Khalifas and you get to the crux of the matter, (the ones I had debated with) deny it was qadrullah that the Khalifas took their places when they did, and some also hold the belief that Allah meant to give prophethood to Ali but jibreel mistakenly gave it to rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam naudhubillah.

By the way these shias believe that a portion of the Quran is missing because a goat came and consumed it (they don't admit the goat came and consumed personal Quranic notes of A'isha) and they slso believe in two extra surahs- I believe so- yea they believe alot is corrupt with the Quran, plus I have a shia Quranic translation in english and man that doesn't agree with our version!

The most ridiculous thing's I have ever heard!. The point's you are making are an insult to me and to Shia's as a whole.

Yes we do disagree with the first 3 caliph's.

No we do not believe that Allah meant to give prophet to Ali but jibreel mistakenly gave it to rasulullah, this is complete false and not once have I ever heard any of our imams or scholars say this.

We do not believe that the Quran is missing, and our imam's clearly stated the completeness as well as the infallibility of the Quran.
    Last edited by Musa Sadr; 01-05-15, 12:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

The Shia Quran is an actual book I have, not online. I don't know how I aquire it, my siblings told me it it was mine when I found it in my parents home.

I had it since.

And I have personally debated with shias myself so I would know what I'm talking about here but that's fine if you disagree.

And I'm not getting any of my info's from anyone but shias here.
    I think you confused the mainstream usooli shia with these shia: http://akhbari.org/English/index.htm

Akhbari shia are a minority among shia and only they display their (heretic) believes openly. There are differences between the two groups.
    I think you debated with them and not the mainstream

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Originally posted by Spicen View Post
    I have to disagree largely to this.
    They of course deny the right of Khilafa of Abu Bakr. No doubt about that.
    The story about Jibrail is completely false. I have seen that they defend Muhammad(S) from kufr in debates.
    About the Quran it is a disputed matter, some scholars say tahreef happened(Qummi, Ayashi) some say it didnt happen. I think more extreme shias in Pakistan and Hyederabad do believe in Tahreef but im not sure. Its difficult to seperate Taqiyya from truth.
    The two extra "verses" are: Al-Wilayah and Al-Nurayn.
    Both were made by an Indian author i think, much later than Shah Ismail 1 conquered iran. So i think it is untrue.
    I have also heard that the Iranian Quran differs from the standard. Again im not sure.

Can u give me the download link of that Quran.

And you have to provide me solid evidence about it. No wahabi/salafi sites please. And no Yassir al-Habib websites. Solidly scholarly evidence
    The Shia Quran is an actual book I have, not online. I don't know how I aquire it, my siblings told me it it was mine when I found it in my parents home.

I had it since.

And I have personally debated with shias myself so I would know what I'm talking about here but that's fine if you disagree.

And I'm not getting any of my info's from anyone but shias here.

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

I believe the lay shia are ignorant so I hope they have an excuse infront of Allah on judgement day.

When you talk to them about the Khalifas and you get to the crux of the matter, (the ones I had debated with) deny it was qadrullah that the Khalifas took their places when they did, and some also hold the belief that Allah meant to give prophethood to Ali but jibreel mistakenly gave it to rasulullah sallallahu alaihi wassallam naudhubillah.

By the way these shias believe that a portion of the Quran is missing because a goat came and consumed it (they don't admit the goat came and consumed personal Quranic notes of A'isha) and they slso believe in two extra surahs- I believe so- yea they believe alot is corrupt with the Quran, plus I have a shia Quranic translation in english and man that doesn't agree with our version!
    I have to disagree largely to this.
    They of course deny the right of Khilafa of Abu Bakr. No doubt about that.
    The story about Jibrail is completely false. I have seen that they defend Muhammad(S) from kufr in debates.
    About the Quran it is a disputed matter, some scholars say tahreef happened(Qummi, Ayashi) some say it didnt happen. I think more extreme shias in Pakistan and Hyederabad do believe in Tahreef but im not sure. Its difficult to seperate Taqiyya from truth.
    The two extra "verses" are: Al-Wilayah and Al-Nurayn.
    Both were made by an Indian author i think, much later than Shah Ismail 1 conquered iran. So i think it is untrue.
    I have also heard that the Iranian Quran differs from the standard. Again im not sure.

Can u give me the download link of that Quran.

And you have to provide me solid evidence about it. No wahabi/salafi sites please. And no Yassir al-Habib websites. Solidly scholarly evidence

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

You are talking about Abdullah Ibn Saba, he started NOT the Shia sect but the Sabayyi sect. According to shia hadiths, he and his followers were burned by Ali.
    JazakAllahukhair I will look into that. And yes Abdullah ibn Sabbath lol thank you

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

I can't remember who the jew was that started the process of Shia's back in the days
    You are talking about Abdullah Ibn Saba, he started NOT the Shia sect but the Sabayyi sect. According to shia hadiths, he and his followers were burned by Ali.

Leave a comment:

• ALAS
    replied

There are many many sects in Islam, however they divide them into two categories Sunni-Shia. Most of shias or Jafaries are twelvers then Zaydies and most of Sunnies are Hanafi then Shafei and ..... These sects are formally recognized at around maybe one century after Hijrah.
    Also Sunnies can divide into two categories Ashari and Mutazillah, however I think Mutazillah is very very few nowadays.
    Also we have Salafists, generally speaking they are not like Sunnies. They differ somehow.

Most of people of Palestine and Gaza are Shafei Sunnies and also Christians live there. As a matter of fact I think imam Shafei himself was born in Palestine. I doubt any Shia lives in Palestine. Shias are usually near Iraq.

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

You are ignoring the fact that the old shiaism was Ismaili Shiaism which is different from the modern Imami Shiaism.
    The Imami shias to a large extent were invisible for long periods of history. It was Shah Ismail who brought the movement alive.....and forced conversion on Persian sunnis
    I can't remember who the jew was that started the process of Shia's back in the days

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

I agree mostly except your point about 'Divine Decree'.

Most shias especially young shias believe in Quran.

Can you imagine how confusing it would be for them if they were taught that Quran is not true? Their sect would die off in a few decades

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
    he was alive long afterwards
    You are ignoring the fact that the old shiaism was Ismaili Shiaism which is different from the modern Imami Shiaism.
    The Imami shias to a large extent were invisible for long periods of history. It was Shah Ismail who brought the movement alive.....and forced conversion on Persian sunnis

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Shia's believe their imams are infallible

And when I say Shia's I mean the 12rz, and when I mean that I also mean the ones that KNOWINGLY practice this. I had to emphasise this cause you get the odd crazy person trying to accuse you of placing all Shia's in one boat.

These Shia's also disbelieve in the Divine decree of Allah

Amongst other odd beliefs.
    I agree mostly except your point about 'Divine Decree'.

Most shias especially young shias believe in Quran.

Can you imagine how confusing it would be for them if they were taught that Quran is not true? Their sect would die off in a few decades

Leave a comment:

• candyapple
    replied

Shia's believe their imams are infallible

And when I say Shia's I mean the 12rz, and when I mean that I also mean the ones that KNOWINGLY practice this. I had to emphasise this cause you get the odd crazy person trying to accuse you of placing all Shia's in one boat.

These Shia's also disbelieve in the Divine decree of Allah

Amongst other odd beliefs.

Leave a comment:

• Jannah2
    replied

there is differences due to free-will; it is inevitable that some Muslims will be astray!

Leave a comment:

• Taboo
    replied

and nothing to do with shah ismail 1 i assume?
    he was alive long afterwards

Leave a comment:

• Spicen
    replied

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
    The root of the split between shiism and islam is the overly-patriotic followers of Ali radiallahuan.
    and nothing to do with shah ismail 1 i assume?

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X