Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it obligatory that no part of trouser/jeans/pants goes beneath ankles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it obligatory that no part of trouser/jeans/pants goes beneath ankles?

:start:

:salams

Even if we don't lower it out of arrogance? is it a must thing to do? any difference of opinion on this?
    There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Re: is it obligatory that no part of trouser/jeans/pants goes beneath ankles?

i do it while in salah. do i need to keep doing it at all times? is it an obligation? will i SIN if i don't do it?

Comment

Comment

Imam An-Nawawi states in Rawdh. At.-T.alibin,

“It is Harām to lengthen the garment below the ankles if done out of khuyalā’ (arrogance, pride, haughtiness). It is Makrūh (disliked) if done out of other than Khuyalā’. There is no difference regarding that (i.e. isbāl and its ruling) in the case of Salāh or any other situation. "

Al-Khatīb Ash-Shirbīnī states in his Al-Mughnī,

“Letting the garment down as well past the ka’bayn (ankles) out of khuyalā’ [is harām]. And that is makrūh (disliked) out of other than that (i.e. if not done out of khuyālā’).”

Comment

Its better not too , but unfortunately most of us wear trousers that are stiched beyond ankles .

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post

“It is Harām to lengthen the garment below the ankles if done out of khuyalā’ (arrogance, pride, haughtiness). It is Makrūh (disliked) if done out of other than Khuyalā’. There is no difference regarding that (i.e. isbāl and its ruling) in the case of Salāh or any other situation. "

“Letting the garment down as well past the ka’bayn (ankles) out of khuyalā’ [is harām]. And that is makrūh (disliked) out of other than that (i.e. if not done out of khuyālā’).”

I do not think people do these days out of pride , they mostly do this because that is the way clothes are stiched these days

Comment

Originally posted by علي بن عبد الله View Post

What's the hanafi position

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                I do not think people do these days out of pride
                Wallahu alam.

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                  InshaAllah someone will answer this :up:

Comment

I thought you had exams to worry about. Stop making more useless threads.

Comment

A Hanafi Mufti once said during the Khutbah in our mosque that why do people even think about arrogance when it comes to lowering the garment below the ankles. They should simply not lower the garment below the ankles.

While I do not know the Hanafi position, I am going to deduce from his words that they believe one should not let it be lowered even if it is not out of arrogance.
                      Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                        Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                        A Hanafi Mufti once said during the Khutbah in our mosque that why do people even think about arrogance when it comes to lowering the garment below the ankles. They should simply not lower the garment below the ankles.

While I do not know the Hanafi position, I am going to deduce from his words that they believe one should not let it be lowered even if it is not out of arrogance.
                        http://islamqa.info/en/102260
                        http://islamqa.info/en/762

So the hanafi position is that it is allowed to do so, coz we're not from amongst the arrogant... However, the hanafi ulema today imply the contrary...

Regardles, many ulema in the links above, have also declared it haram, and some have declared it makrooh...
                        Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                          http://islamqa.info/en/102260
                          http://islamqa.info/en/762

So the hanafi position is that it is allowed to do so, coz we're not from amongst the arrogant... However, the hanafi ulema today imply the contrary...

Regardles, many ulema in the links above, have also declared it haram, and some have declared it makrooh...
                          so it's makrooh if we do it without being arrogant. According to the links

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            I thought you had exams to worry about. Stop making more useless threads.
                            It's not a useless thread.

Comment

I heard that men should have their ankle bone uncovered and women should have it covered. That applies to whether you wear pants or other dress form. Dragging the garment on the ground is a different matter. If the clothes are below the ankle, it doesn't necessarily mean they drag on the ground.

I hate it that dresses are made so long that they drag on the ground unless one alters them. Gone are the times when people custom made clothing. Now we have one-size fits all.

:jkk: for the reminder

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X