Can I take my daughter into a masjid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I take my daughter into a masjid?

She's 6. Let me be clear. I'm not wanting to become a Muslim. What she decides when she's older is up to her.
    She is a very bright girl and she's very interested in notions of God. She's been taken to a Catholic Church,Gurdwara and synagogue asked many questions and we were made very welcome now she wants to see a Mosque. Particularly as she sees Muslims on television. A couple of months ago we were in the UK and a Muslim taxi driver picked us up en route to the airport. As we drove past that massive Mosque she asked me "Is that where the bad men live" :embar: loud enough for the taxi driver to hear.

I'm concerned about this because she's 6 and asks 6 year old questions which have been fine in the other other places of worship but lets say Muslims in my experience tend to be a lot more ....reactionary and prone to brow beating. I'd just like her to be able to visit and ask the questions she wants to ask without being scared.

Possible or problematic?

Re: Can I take my daughter into a masjid?

That should have read "that massive Mosque in Birmingam" -can't find the edit button.

It would be a visit to a Mosque in Switzerland that we'd be looking at

Comment

Originally posted by Kuff View Post
      That should have read "that massive Mosque in Birmingam" -can't find the edit button.

It would be a visit to a Mosque in Switzerland that we'd be looking at
      there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I give tours to non-muslims who are just curious about islam at the masjid I attend.

However also be aware, there are sometimes more cultural interpretations of islam as well which are often very insular, so best to ring ahead first.
      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
        there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, and I give tours to non-muslims who are just curious about islam at the masjid I attend.

However also be aware, there are sometimes more cultural interpretations of islam as well which are often very insular, so best to ring ahead first.
        I'll cover myself obviously but I don't own anything loose fitting-would trousers cause offence do you think?

Comment

I'll cover myself obviously but I don't own anything loose fitting-would trousers cause offence do you think?
          yes, it's fine. Don't worry we can measure you up for some more loose fitting trousers after you revert ;)
          FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Outreach4Islam View Post
            yes, it's fine. Don't worry we can measure you up for some more loose fitting trousers after you revert ;)

hahah! Alright.

Comment

:salams

Very much possible.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

I think it woud be a great ideao to take her to a mosque so she can see that all the people in it are good and peacefull; she can ask the imam any question and should be left with a good experience! :)

Also since she is asking those sort of questions [is this where the bad men live] why don't you yourself teach her a little about Islam?

Comment

it shouldn't be any tight trousers; it has to be loose and a long dress or a long shirt [not tucked in]; a jogging bottom should be ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Jannah2 View Post
                    it shouldn't be any tight trousers; it has to be loose and a long dress or a long shirt [not tucked in]; a jogging bottom should be ok!
                    this is a non-muslim we are talking about, it's not like he's going to invalidate his salaah by wearing too tight clothing

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X