Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Vote or not to Vote?

Originally posted by neelu View Post
    Voting for "lesser of two evils" will be the topic of tonight's show which I'm due to start in about 20 minutes inshaAllah on www.ummahradio.com
    didnt listen to your show but read this and must advise the notion of lesser of 2 evils in the case of democratic elections is not applicable. its a fallacy and not from islam here

Comment

So the 101 religious leaders that backed Lutfur Rahman election in Tower Hamletts were Islamicly wrong for publicly signing a letter for that stated it was a religious duty to vote for Mr Rahman can someone confirm ? or maybe it was wrong for knowingly using there influence as respected religious leaders to unduly influence the community to vote for this corrupt Lutfur Rahman.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...y-of-electoral

Either way this corruption has backed fired big time. There will now be a lot more election scrutiny for Muslim dominated areas.

Comment

Some interesting opinions on this thread.. may i add something on the contrary though..

a few weeks ago the khateeb at jummah gave the opposite view/opinion. Not to pass a fatwa but just to broaden the way of thinking for the rest of us..

The concept of lesser of two evils as mentioned in previous posts comes to mind..

Do you not vote and allow parties like UKIP to get into power? What if a certain party wants to enforce a ban on the niqab? What if they wish to ban halal meat? What if they pass more policies and laws like the CTS Bill? What if they want to close down our madrasas?
        Or on the flip side,
        What if a party will introduce a new interest free student loan? What if they will introduce halal meat to our childrens schools? What if they have policies that will help us over all?

Now the question arises is it still haraam in participating in the vote? Do we just sit by idly whilst all these new laws and policies will inevitably effect us? Be it positively or negativity...

Thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by youngheart View Post
          Some interesting opinions on this thread.. may i add something on the contrary though..

a few weeks ago the khateeb at jummah gave the opposite view/opinion. Not to pass a fatwa but just to broaden the way of thinking for the rest of us..

The concept of lesser of two evils as mentioned in previous posts comes to mind..

Do you not vote and allow parties like UKIP to get into power? What if a certain party wants to enforce a ban on the niqab? What if they wish to ban halal meat? What if they pass more policies and laws like the CTS Bill? What if they want to close down our madrasas?
          Or on the flip side,
          What if a party will introduce a new interest free student loan? What if they will introduce halal meat to our childrens schools? What if they have policies that will help us over all?

Now the question arises is it still haraam in participating in the vote? Do we just sit by idly whilst all these new laws and policies will inevitably effect us? Be it positively or negativity...

Thoughts??
          None of what you posted is a compelling reason to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
            None of what you posted is a compelling reason to vote.
            Vote against a ban on the niqab?

Comment

The labour candidate where i live has Allah as his name :confused:

If i can be bothered i might vote

Comment

Vote against a ban on the niqab?
                Which ban, where?

Comment

Which ban, where?
                  hypothetically im asking you is that a "compelling reason to vote"

Comment

hypothetically im asking you is that a "compelling reason to vote"
                    If you're talking about a 'hypothetical vote' in a 'hypothetical election' then by all means put a 'hypothetical X' next to the 'hypothetical candidate' on your 'hypothetical ballot' at the 'hypo....

Comment

Or on the flip side,

Thoughts??
                      It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “On the night on which I was taken on the Night Journey (Isra’), a beautiful fragrance came to me. I said: O Jibreel, what is this beautiful fragrance? He said: This is the fragrance of the hairdresser of Pharaoh’s daughter and her children. I said: What is their story? He said: Whilst she was combing the hair of Pharaoh’s daughter one day, the iron comb fell from her hand and she said, ‘Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah).’ The daughter of Pharaoh said: ‘My father?’ She said: ‘No. My Lord and the Lord of your father is Allaah.’ She said: ‘I will tell him about that.’ She said: ‘Yes.’ So she told him and he summoned her and said: ‘O So and so, do you have a Lord other than me?’ She said: ‘Yes, my Lord and your Lord is Allaah.’ He ordered that a baqarah (vast pot or kettle) made of copper be heated up, then he ordered that she and her children be thrown into it. She said: ‘I have a request to make of you.’ He said: ‘What is your request?’ She said: ‘I would like my bones and my children’s bones to be gathered together in one cloth and buried.’ He said: ‘This will be done for you.’ He ordered that her children be thrown into it in front of her, one by one, until they came to the last one who was an infant boy who was still being breastfed. It was as if she wavered because of him, but he said: ‘O mother, go ahead, for the punishment of this world is easier to bear than the punishment of the hereafter.’ So she went ahead.” Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Four infants spoke: ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him), the companion of Jurayj, the witness of Yoosuf and the son of the hairdresser of Pharaoh’s daughter.

Source
                      Last edited by kiduka; 27-04-15, 11:32 AM.

Comment

If you're talking about a 'hypothetical vote' in a 'hypothetical election' then by all means put a 'hypothetical X' next to the 'hypothetical candidate' on your 'hypothetical ballot' at the 'hypo....
                        (Lol) ajeeb

Comment

with all party openly against islam and want to change the religion of islam voting for any party should be avoided especially since all want to wage war in muslim countries and are doing currently

Comment

Why is the slowest traffic of the day called “rush hour”?

Comment

It's pointless anyways, they make the same lies every time. They never actually do anything but serve corporations

Comment

Originally posted by salaam_7cgen View Post
                                with all party openly against islam and want to change the religion of islam voting for any party should be avoided especially since all want to wage war in muslim countries and are doing currently
                                Exactly. The point is they are all evil. Allah (swt) does not permit evil, whether greater or lesser. Does Allah (Swt) permit minor sins or use them as an excuse to avoid bigger sins (eg saying "well I only kissed and fondled an unrelated person, at least I didn't do zina")- so where does this concept of "lesser evil to avoid greater evil" come from cos' there is NO Islamic basis for it. I may need to expand on this topic in next week's show.

As for fear of another party coming to power. These racist parties like BNP want to bring the troops home and pull them out of our countries. The "lesser evil" mainstream parties are supporting a war against Islam. The only reason anyone would choose such a 'lesser evil' is for their own benefit, cos' they hope the party they choose will approve of the building of their new masjid or islamic centre and to hell with the rest of the ummah that they are bombing to pieces as long as we get our pound of flesh and if we don't like the images of children being bombed etc, we'll just go on a march to london and shout at the very people we were foolish enough to vote for then go home feeling smug cos' we decided to "do something" even if it meant doing something haraam cos' Allah (swt) did not permit us to support ruling by other than what He revealed but hey at least you're "doing something" so feel proud of yourselves.
                                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X