Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Vote or not to Vote?

Asalaam Alikum

A conversation that I have had with a few Brothers and Sisters in recent weeks.

To vote.

Or not to vote.

Do we vote for a Political Leader to govern us as we live here in the UK, or do we only regard the laws of Allah subhana wa'tala as being the only laws that we wish to be governed by?

Can we shed a tear over dead Palestinian children while voting for a Political leader who doesn't condemn the actions of Israel, as isn't that simply being hypocritical?

Muslims are Public Enemy Number One right now, so do we vote for a Party, any Party, who will obviously continue down this line of questioning us and making us all feel guilty simply for following the Sunnah of our Prophet Muhammed (saw)?

We pay are taxes, so we should vote for the Political Party that best spends our taxes and who best allows us to survive in this crazy world?

I have been reading that to vote in a democratic country for a Leader who isn't Muslim and who will implement non-Islamic laws, is a sign of Shirk, but is this correct?

To vote.

Or not to vote?

Re: To Vote or not to Vote?

:wswrwb: brother

I've read some ulema dispute the claim made by some that voting is shirk or kufr.

Example these 2 links

http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5676?txt_QuestionID=

http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/26895

There are those that are adamant it is shirk, kufr and won't even accept any view other than that
    Last edited by Mikha’eel; 23-04-15, 09:29 PM.
    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Put the question of shirk aside for a moment and think of a good reason on why you should vote in the general election. I bet there isn't one.

Comment

Interesting articles Brother :up:

What has always troubled me is that more and more as the world "evolves" and society becomes more and more liberal, we are seeing many laws that in Islam would never be allowed, now allowed and seen to be the norm. It is for this reason that I feel uneasy in voting for a Political Party that will regardless of who they are, will always support may pratices and habits that in Islam are labelled as haram. If Allah asks me why I voted for a Man who openly goes against the teachings of the Quran, what do I say?

I agree that yes many Political Parties only talk about public services and taxes etc which is a valid reason TO vote, however when they also push same-sex marriage, intervention in Muslim countries..........need I continue?

I just personally feel uneasy voting.

Allah knows best.

I ask this question of your, the Ummah Forum, because I have had many disagreements in the last few weeks and its making me feel like an outsider to my friends who are openly discussing who they will be voting for.

So am I alone in my reasoning for not voting?

Comment

Voting for these Secular Parties is Shirk since they deny the Sovereignty of Allah (Azzawajal). Voting should not be done under any circumstances unless your comfortable with committing Shirk, and know that Shirk is the one sin that Allah will never forgive (If you die with that sin).

Comment

Do not vote
            Voting is haram and although some people say it is the lesser of two evils , it is not . Do not do it it is haram . Even sheikh albani said it is haram to vote in elections .m

Comment

Walaykum salam,

I'm glad that you feel uneasy about it in spite of pressure from those around you to vote. Stick with what is right, even if no one else supports you. The problem is (as was pointed out in Salman's thread) that masajid are under so much scrutiny from the government and so much pressure to conform (or else risk getting shut down for being 'too radical') that they are pandering to the government agenda of trying to get Muslims to assimilate and conform more and more.

The situation is so ridiculous that masajid will throw brothers out for talking about the political implementation of Islam but at the same time will openly welcome Kafir MPs (or token brown faced ones with Muslim names) to encourage people to vote for them. This has led to increasing misguidance of Muslims who are then told not only that voting is permitted, but it's a 'duty'.

InshaAllah I'll do a show on this, possibly my next show.
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

My family are saying I should vote because they write down who voted when you go. Not what you voted for, just that you came to vote.

Idea: Go, but don't tick any box xD

Comment

Originally posted by raze599 View Post
                  My family are saying I should vote because they write down who voted when you go. Not what you voted for, just that you came to vote.

Idea: Go, but don't tick any box xD
                  Do not go near Shirk.

Comment

i didnt vote even before i was muslim, dont see why a muslim would have a hard time ignoring it. why waste my time when it doesnt matter anyway. you have the choice between loser a and loser b, you get a loser in the end either way.
                    I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!
                    Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

I never registered and never voted in my life -blush- hubby the same...
                      My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                        Put the question of shirk aside for a moment and think of a good reason on why you should vote in the general election. I bet there isn't one.
                        Good point.

But can anyone explain to me why a secular thing like voting for a politician is shirk? Shirk is a religion thing and voting is a secular thing, like choosing what shirt to wear, or have I missed the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                          Good point.

But can anyone explain to me why a secular thing like voting for a politician is shirk? Shirk is a religion thing and voting is a secular thing, like choosing what shirt to wear, or have I missed the point?
                          Because the people you vote for would be voting on policy and legislation. Effectively, they make the haram into halal and vice versa which is then enshrined in law. When you take them as an authority on what is halal and haram, it is like worshipping them.

That's the basic argument from the 'shirk' angle.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
                            Because the people you vote for would be voting on policy and legislation. Effectively, they make the haram into halal and vice versa which is then enshrined in law. When you take them as an authority on what is halal and haram, it is like worshipping them.

That's the basic argument from the 'shirk' angle.
                            Thank you for that explanation, that is helpful. But I'd say that voters don't worship laws or politicians or governments. We endure them!
                            Individually we have a tiny, tiny influence on the outcome, and the more people who vote, the bigger the influence.

Having said that, the political parties are all hopeless incompetents so I'm not sure that any are worth voting for this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                              Thank you for that explanation, that is helpful. But I'd say that voters don't worship laws or politicians or governments. We endure them!
                              Individually we have a tiny, tiny influence on the outcome, and the more people who vote, the bigger the influence.

Having said that, the political parties are all hopeless incompetents so I'm not sure that any are worth voting for this time.
                              To take an authority who decides the halal and haram for you is worship and there is a hadeeth that states as much. It may not be the case all the time but generally speaking it is.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X