Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man who urinated in the masjid ?

:salams:

I'm trying to understand the hadith of the man who urinated in the masjid. I feel like even me being a girl I"d beat him up for it. But the Prophet :saaws: told the companions not to....why?
    If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
    (al-Bukhaari)

Re: Man who urinated in the masjid ?

:start:
    If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
    (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

because he was merciful, compassionate and a patient teacher; that's why!

it was the early days of Islam and this man did not know the rules!

Comment

It was n Madinah and he was ignorant and a Bedouin....
        Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Some scholars have other ways in understanding this Hadeeth, some say it is about balancing maslaha:
          This bedouin started to urinate in one place, then if the companions were to beat him, the urine direction will make it spread in a larger place in the masjid, so instead, it is better to let him finish first, he can't stop the urine anyway, if you understand what I'm saying...

This shows the mercy, compassion, wisdom of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
          And maybe there are other benefits from this Hadeeth, الله أعلم.

Comment

Originally posted by Dziri View Post
            وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Some scholars have other ways in understanding this Hadeeth, some say it is about balancing maslaha:
            This bedouin started to urinate in one place, then if the companions were to beat him, the urine direction will make it spread in a larger place in the masjid, so instead, it is better to let him finish first, he can't stop the urine anyway, if you understand what I'm saying...

This shows the mercy, compassion, wisdom of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم.
            And maybe there are other benefits from this Hadeeth, الله أعلم.
            this dont make sense; if they never beat him because they did not want urine to spread; they could have waited just one minute for him to have finished!

Comment

Originally posted by Slave of Rehman View Post
              this dont make sense;
              well, first that's not my own opinion.
              why do you not read what I wrote carefully? you don't get my point because you say:
              if they never beat him because they did not want urine to spread;
              I wasn't talking about the Companions's actions رضي الله عن الصحابة
              I didn't say the didn't want the urine to spread.
              I was talking about a possible reason behind the order of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم
              I said one possible reason is that he didn't want to spread
              they could have waited just one minute for him to have finished!
              but they didn't. that's why the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said: ((لا تزرموه)) this means that they were about to stop the bedouin right away
              because first we need to read the Hadeeth.

I went to check that book again, and I found another possible reason:
              it is that if the Companions رضي الله عنهم forced the bedouin to stop his urine this would harm his health, and made his clothes and body dirty
              well, my English is not that good, but here is the reference anyway: (the previous view is also included)

"...وَحَدِيثِ الْبَائِلِ فِي الْمَسْجِدِ، فَإِنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَمَرَ بِتَرْكِهِ حَتَّى يُتِمَّ بَوْلَهُ؛ لِأَنَّهُ لَوْ قُطِعَ بَوْلُهُ لَنَجِسَتْ ثِيَابُهُ، وَلَحَدَثَ عَلَيْهِ مِنْ ذَلِكَ دَاءٌ فِي بَدَنِهِ، فَتَرَجَّحَ جَانِبُ تَرْكِهِ عَلَى مَا فَعَلَ مِنَ الْمَنْهِيِّ عَنْهُ عَلَى قَطْعِهِ بِمَا يَدْخُلُ عَلَيْهِ مِنَ الضَّرَرِ، وَبِأَنَّهُ يُنَجِّسُ مَوْضِعَيْنِ وَإِذَا تُرِكَ، فَالَّذِي يُنَجِّسُهُ مَوْضِعٌ وَاحِدٌ...."

the book is al-Muwafaqat by ash-Shatibi رحمه الله

and here is the page directly: http://shamela.ws/browse.php/book-11435#page-2482

Comment

Below is some of what a Shaykh said about this incident.

Originally posted by Class Transcript
                The Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam tells the Sahaabah who got mad and went up to him:

دَعُوهُ

Do not cut him from urinating.

When he commented on this Hadith, Ibn Hajr said look how deep the wisdom of the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam is in Da'wah. If he was to let them stop him from urinating, it is going to be all over himself because what he is going to do is get up. He is not going to be able to stop and Ibn Hajr says it is going to be all over his clothes and all over the Masjid. The next point is that if he holds it in and if he was able to hold it in when they stop him, then it is going to cause him harm. So after he was done, the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam told the angered Sahaabah how to clean it and that established a lesson for us about what to do if you have it in your carpet for example.

Then he brought the Bedouin. He did not let things slide, but he dealt with the matter with wisdom. He brought the Bedouin and he told him in such kind and wise manners that only the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam could do. The Bedouin left saying O Allah have mercy on me and on the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam (meaning me and the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam alone). Even that, the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam did not let him go. He said the mercy of Allah is vast and you cannot limit it to me and you. So the Prophet sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam corrected, but he used a wise way where people can accept it and relate to it.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post

بارك الله فيك

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post

:jkk:

is this the reason? I often here this hadith cited to speak about being easy toward the ignorant/non Muslim etc....do you know other possible reasons?
                    (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                      :jkk:

is this the reason? I often here this hadith cited to speak about being easy toward the ignorant/non Muslim etc....do you know other possible reasons?
                      As the Shaykh mentioned, another thing that came out of it was that we were taught how to clean such impurities, so it's also mentioned in fiqh.

We need the commentary to understand it further I guess.

Comment

With hadiths in my opinion there is a lot more information that the most obvious and literal meanings, it is like a tip of the iceberg with teachings of wisdom and also prophecy.

The bedioun is perhaps symbolic of ignorance, who mock and belittle and slander the faith, what is interesting the Prophet did not allow the bediuon to be harmed and did not stop the bedioun while he was passing water, perhaps it is an example of character and behaviour of those who in these times want to try to inflame the peoples of the islamic faith. Where when facing ignorance and slander ones does not respond in anger and responds in politeness and kindness.(trying to stop the bedioun from passing water is like responding with anger to some one trying to make you angry)

Comment

I think in the past, different cultures (e.g. in England), right up to the modern age, urine had recognised cleansing qualities - even human urine. Please check this article out: http://www.smithsonianmag.com/scienc...442390/?no-ist

However, urine (at least, human urine) is also considered a dirty substance. I guess therefore there is good and bad in it.

It seems that the Bedouin didn't think he was doing anything new. It must have been commonplace to urinate against a wall. If l recall correctly, the Bedouin who defiled the building of the tyrant in Yemen, which provoked the events in Surah Fil (before Islam), used his own excrement, not urine. So you can be sure a Bedouin means offence if it's a "number two". Perhaps a "number one" wasn't meant as an offence, but Islam was a turning point where new standards were being set? Perhaps then, the Bedouin was told politely?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X