X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views on this topic

:start:

:salams

So this farmer in a rural area of India who has never really met a good Muslim and all he he has seen is the bad image of Islam on media, dies as a non Muslim while being a islam hater, will he be tested differently on day of judgment?

Allah is the perfect judge i think. what are scholarly opinions on this thing
    There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Re: Views on this topic

It's a pointless topic.

Comment

We are not Allah to be able to answer what he will do.
      Also, ask an Alim if you want an answer, not lay-people.
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

I simply said if you know any information as to what scholars have said regarding this then please share it. I didn't ask from your own opinion because i know we're layman.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
          It's a pointless topic.
          Not really.

Comment

I want to add that this man knew about Islam, but didn't want to clarify his beliefs about the religion?
            Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
            In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
            USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
            (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Allah has given man ears to hear and eyes to see. But most of all, He has given us minds to think, to explore, to reflect, to judge. If that man blindly believes what he sees without searching for the truth himself then he is wronged. Why does he believe what he sees on the T.V without checking whether it's true or not? Why does he not read the Quran himself? He is free to do so. Yet he decides to remain ignorant. And ignorance of law is no excuse. That is what I think.

But then Allah, He is the Most Just and the Oft Forgiving. He knows what I do not know.
              " For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts" [22:46]

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                I want to add that this man knew about Islam, but didn't want to clarify his beliefs about the religion?
                Not everyone is of a curious mind and wants to verify information he sees again and again.

So if the media is showing islam in the bad light and this Muslim neighbor next to you is proving it by his conduct then you don't need to be reluctant about the info being presented to you on the screen. You'll accept it

Comment

Originally posted by RedGrapes View Post
                  Allah has given man ears to hear and eyes to see. But most of all, He has given us minds to think, to explore, to reflect, to judge. If that man blindly believes what he sees without searching for the truth himself then he is wronged. Why does he believe what he sees on the T.V without checking whether it's true or not? Why does he not read the Quran himself? He is free to do so. Yet he decides to remain ignorant. And ignorance of law is no excuse. That is what I think.

But then Allah, He is the Most Just and the Oft Forgiving. He knows what I do not know.
                  This would be true in an ideal world but in practical life nobody 'cares enough' to verify each and every tid bit of information being presented to you.

Look at yourself. When you buy an eatable and look for the halal stamp, and the stamp is present, then you'll accept that stamps credibility and eat it, regardless of the fact you're ignorant about how the eatable was made and whether the ingredients were actually really halal or not. You'll just accept the information that it's halal and you will not venture forth in search of the company who.manufactured it to see if it really used the ingredients written on the label.

You see where I'm getting at? Be practical

Comment

If he is a mushrik (idolator) and dies as a mushrik, then he will not be forgiven because Allah says that He forgives every sin except shirk. This is because Allah has given every person a conscience which pinches him when he does something wrong and shirk is the greatest wrong. Allah Himself says that inna shirka la dhulmun azeem - verily shirk is the greatest injustice/wrong. So if one doesn't need a Muslim to tell him that theft is wrong then surely one doesn't need a Muslim to tell him that shirk is wrong; the human mind understands these things. It's only stubborn people who ignore such feelings about the existence of God and monotheism.
                    Furthermore, Allah had created our souls and asked us whether He was our Lord and each of us affirmed this. Allah tells us about this in Surah Al Araf. This incident is not forgotten but actually is imbedded in our cells and mind so deep down we know that there is one God. Hence a person can think on their own and become monotheist. He doesn't need others to tell him.

A third thing is that Allah knows every person and will give each one appropriate signs to get guidance. If despite such signs, one still remains on the wrong path, then he / she deserves hell.

Thus, if a person dies with shirk, he / she will go to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                      If he is a mushrik (idolator) and dies as a mushrik, then he will not be forgiven because Allah says that He forgives every sin except shirk. This is because Allah has given every person a conscience which pinches him when he does something wrong and shirk is the greatest wrong. Allah Himself says that inna shirka la dhulmun azeem - verily shirk is the greatest injustice/wrong. So if one doesn't need a Muslim to tell him that theft is wrong then surely one doesn't need a Muslim to tell him that shirk is wrong; the human mind understands these things. It's only stubborn people who ignore such feelings about the existence of God and monotheism.
                      Furthermore, Allah had created our souls and asked us whether He was our Lord and each of us affirmed this. Allah tells us about this in Surah Al Araf. This incident is not forgotten but actually is imbedded in our cells and mind so deep down we know that there is one God. Hence a person can think on their own and become monotheist. He doesn't need others to tell him.

A third thing is that Allah knows every person and will give each one appropriate signs to get guidance. If despite such signs, one still remains on the wrong path, then he / she deserves hell.

Thus, if a person dies with shirk, he / she will go to hell.
                      Hmm. Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                        This would be true in an ideal world but in practical life nobody 'cares enough' to verify each and every tid bit of information being presented to you.

Look at yourself. When you buy an eatable and look for the halal stamp, and the stamp is present, then you'll accept that stamps credibility and eat it, regardless of the fact you're ignorant about how the eatable was made and whether the ingredients were actually really halal or not. You'll just accept the information that it's halal and you will not venture forth in search of the company who.manufactured it to see if it really used the ingredients written on the label.

You see where I'm getting at? Be practical
                        Nobody caring enough doesn't mean nobody shouldn't.

As for the example, going by its logic, a man can never know the truth. Even if I do reach the factory and do find out the ingredients, the next thing would be whether they were obtained in a halaal way. (Was interest involved in buying of those ingredients? If an animal was used for it, was it slaughtered the halaal way?) This way, I'll be searching for truth for ever. So yeah, your example is impractical, what I actually said is not so much.

I'll give you an example. Imagine a man moves to a new country. He doesn't know what rules are followed there. So one day, he unknowingly breaks one rule and for that, he is jailed. Now the man can argue that he was unaware of the law and that, in his country, there was no such thing as that law. But the police won't let him go. Why? Because he should have studied the law before coming to that country. It's not the police' fault that he did not know the rule. It was his own fault.

What is the man watching? Fox News? All the time? Because I don't think the T.V is always spouting anti Islam stuff. Unless of course his t.v only shows Fox News. Moreover, he lives in India. India has a large Muslim population. Are you sure that he never met a single good Muslim? Not even once?

If this is the case (though it seems unlikely) then Allah will judge him as He sees fit.
                        But you know what? If Allah really did let people like him into heaven then all different sects of Islam would be rewarded because you know everyone could argue that they were taught by their parents and that they did not receive any guidance from someone else. They did what they heard from their parents because that's the only thing they knew. Islam encourages thinking. It encourages that we don't follow the mob blindly but look for truth ourselves. Or atleast try to do so. If we try, we will be rewarded. The man doesn't seem to have tried at all.
                        " For indeed, it is not eyes that are blinded, but blinded are the hearts which are within the breasts" [22:46]

Comment

:start:

:salams

So this farmer in a rural area of India who has never really met a good Muslim and all he he has seen is the bad image of Islam on media, dies as a non Muslim while being a islam hater, will he be tested differently on day of judgment?

Allah is the perfect judge i think. what are scholarly opinions on this thing
                          Wa alaikum salam wr.wb.
                          Bismillah,

I have a similar question, my question is how about a person who never heard about Islam and died before they heard anything about Islam, are they going to hell?
                          The answer is: in the day of judgment, Allah SWT will tell them to enter the hell fire, The one who obey Allah and willing to enter hell because Allah told them so will enter Jannah. And the one who disobeys and have a doubt in their heart will go to hell, I hope you understand :)

allahu alam..

Comment

Not everyone is of a curious mind and wants to verify information he sees again and again.

So if the media is showing islam in the bad light and this Muslim neighbor next to you is proving it by his conduct then you don't need to be reluctant about the info being presented to you on the screen. You'll accept it
                            Keep it up brother.. Islam is the most logical religion.. If you have a question try to find the answer.. Every time you find the answer to the question it will increase your iman. Insya allah. (you think like a sufi brother great :) ) allahu alam

Comment

Originally posted by rahmat89 View Post
                              Wa alaikum salam wr.wb.
                              Bismillah,

I have a similar question, my question is how about a person who never heard about Islam and died before they heard anything about Islam, are they going to hell?
                              The answer is: in the day of judgment, Allah SWT will tell them to enter the hell fire, The one who obey Allah and willing to enter hell because Allah told them so will enter Jannah. And the one who disobeys and have a doubt in their heart will go to hell, I hope you understand :)

allahu alam..
                              Becareful Brother,

We can barely understand the will of the man next to us, let alone the Will of the Most Merciful. He (swt) is the judge on that day, not us, we cannot say where such person will go.
                              I am surprised at the man who searches for his lost item, while he has lost his own soul and does not search for it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X