X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salah while traveling?

:start:

:salams

I'm currently traveling between two cities on a bus. I doubt if there is going to be a stop in the next one hour and during that time maghrib prayer will pass. Is the obligation of prayer nullified for me in such a situation? cuz i can't pray maghrib on a moving bus..
    There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Re: Salah while traveling?

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
    :start:

:salams

I'm currently traveling between two cities on a bus. I doubt if there is going to be a stop in the next one hour and during that time maghrib prayer will pass. Is the obligation of prayer nullified for me in such a situation? cuz i can't pray maghrib on a moving bus..
    http://islamqa.info/en/82751
    http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=86228

Comment

:wswrwb:

Shari?ah has emphasised on performing Fardh Slaat on time. When you undertake a journey, you should first consider your Salaat and schedule your travelling in a way that enables you to perform Salaat out of the mode of transport. If that is not possible, then you should make arrangements to perform Salaat in the mode of transport. That is easily possible when travelling by plane or train. In doing so, ensure that you do not cause any inconvenience to the flight or programme in an aeroplane. Request the flight attendants service for performing Salaat in the plane.

The Salaat in the plane and train must be performed with the Qiyaam (standing posture) and facing the Qibla direction. In a plane, generally, there is no sudden change in direction. If that happens in the train while performing Salaat, then you should change direction accordingly. The Salaat performed in the plane or train in the standing posture while facing and maintaining the Qibla direction will be valid. The Salaat does not have to be repeated. If you are unable to perform Salaat in the bus with those two conditions, standing and Qiblah, then perform Salaat on the seat and thereafter repeat the Salaat.

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/29656
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Wa alaikum salam, Wr. Wb.

Bismillah,
        1. You should wudhu with dust or dirt (tayamum) you can get it on the window,
        2. And shalat while in the bus by bow down your head while sitting on the bus.

Sorry for bad English, I am from a Muslim country, not from English speaker country.
        I hope that helps. :)

Comment

I agree with @rahmat89

If I was in bus or train , I would pray sitting down , if I am sure that when I reach destination it would be time over for a particular salah. Praying on time is important.

Comment

If you are not in control of stopping, then just wait and combine when you reach your destination.

This is why it is important to educate yourself in a cogent, consistent approach to ibadah and not be all over the map with things (i.e. sit with someone and memorize a basic, simple text).

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2012/...veling-maliki/

Answered by Shaykh Rami Nsour

Question: What is the ruling on joining prayers when traveling according to the Maliki teachings?

Answer: According to the Maliki madhab, it is a permissible dispensation (rukhsa) to join prayers while traveling. The travel does not have to be one where the distance allows you to shorten the prayer, you merely have to be out of your city limits. Once you are out of your city limits, and traveling to do something that is not disobedience, then you can either bring Asr (or Isha) forward or delay Dhuhr (or Maghrib) depending on your situation. If you are in a resting place when Dhuhr enters, and you intend to be traveling until Maghrib, then you can bring Asr forward. In the case of Maghrib, if you are resting while it enters and you will then travel past fajr time, then you can bring Isha forward.

To delay Dhuhr or Maghrib, the following is the scenario; If you are traveling while dhuhr enters and you will continue traveling but will stop before maghrib, then you can delay dhuhr. If you are traveling while Maghrib enters and you will stop before Fajr, then you can delay Isha.

So, as an example, you are leaving Liverpool around noon to attend a program after Asr in London. You are on the road when dhuhr comes in but you wont get into London to the masjid until after Asr has entered. In this situation, you can delay dhuhr and pray it with Asr in London. On the way home, you leave before Maghrib enters and then the sun sets while you are on the road. You will get back to Liverpool before fajr and so you can pray Maghrib with Isha when you return.

For bringing them forward; you are travelling from Liverpool to London in the winter time. You stop for fuel when dhuhr is in and you wont get to London until maghrib. You can pray asr with dhuhr.

To illustrate using this dispensation in times other than when you shorten prayer: You live in Liverpool but you need to go to Warrington. You leave before Maghrib and the sunsets after you have left your city limits. You will be out and about the whole time in Warrington until you return but then maghrib will be out. You can delay maghrib and pray it with isha.

Rami
            "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

To perform prayer regularly we should also be aware of the prayer timingsof different places so that if we are traveling somewhere we can perform our Namaz with ease.
              https://prayertimes.dawateislami.net/pk/karachi/872996

Comment

Working...
              X