Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Are Your Favorite Surahs of the Quran?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Re: What Are Your Favorite Surahs of the Quran?

surah an nasr, the help

i love the verse Then exalt [Him] with praise of your Lord and ask forgiveness of Him. Indeed, He is ever Accepting of repentance.

gives me hope
    My favourite surah is the greatest surah in the Qur'an
    I am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Surah duha, yasin, maryam, sharh, baqarah, nas, talaq.
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Surat Al-insan and Taha

Comment

All of them.
          "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Surah Taha and Surah Kahf
            https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

Surah Al-Kahf...
              الْحَمْد لله

Comment

Al-Waqiah
                Al-Qiyamah

"And behold! ye come to us bare and alone as We created you for the first time: ye have left behind you all which We bestowed on you..." - Al-An'am:94

Comment

Originally posted by Islam4life7 View Post
                  Granted, all the Surahs are beautifully made, but what were ones that spoke to your heart? I personally loved Surah Yusuf, it has a wonderful historical context behind it and is manifest in its greatness, from a poetic perspective and speaks of a wonderful parable regarding Prophet Joseph and his esoteric dream interpretations.

EDIT: Please tell us why these said Surahs are your favorites.
                  ^
                  LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAAH
                  -------------------------------------

​​​​​NOTE: Please kindly avoid 'liking' my posts (Jazaa'akumullah khair)

Comment

I love Waqi'ah especially this verse

We created you, then why do you believe not?

-Sura Al-Waqi'ah, Ayah 57

In Arabic it sounds amazing.When I was memorising this Surah was so obsessed with the above ayah, recited it loud around while walking,cleaning, my roommate got to memorize the ayah from the constant hearing lol

Others I love Imraan, An'am, Ra'd, Ibrahim, saffat, Tur, ma'rij, insan, Buruj. In every juz I have got that one Surah which clings to my heart. I love Ahzaab too because my ustadha loved reciting it especially in maghrib Salah. Her recitation of that Surah was beautiful.
                    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Working...
                    X