Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Qur'an About, Why Should I Believe It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Is The Qur'an About, Why Should I Believe It?

This might be a dumb question but why are most people who believe in Qur'an Muslim? and why do terrorists claim they believe in the Qur'an?

Comment

Originally posted by nb408 View Post
      If you were to sum the Qur'an up in as few words as possible, what would it be? I know nothing about it and I'm simply just trying to understand why I should believe in it, thanks.
      there is a chapter in the quran called al ikhlaas, it is the equivalent of one third of the quran
      Translation is as follows
      Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,
      ﴿١﴾

اللَّهُ الصَّمَدُ [١١٢:٢]
      Allah, the Eternal Refuge.
      ﴿٢﴾

لَمْ يَلِدْ وَلَمْ يُولَدْ [١١٢:٣]
      He neither begets nor is born,
      ﴿٣﴾

وَلَمْ يَكُن لَّهُ كُفُوًا أَحَدٌ [١١٢:٤]
      Nor is there to Him any equivalent."
      "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

If you were to sum the Qur'an up in as few words as possible, what would it be? I know nothing about it and I'm simply just trying to understand why I should believe in it, thanks.
        Guidance
        "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

What if I do something bad on accident? Is there any judgement or am I saved by being sincere about it?
          if you testify that there is no god but allah and tham muhammed saw is his slave and messenger with your tounge and believe this in your heart you will be considered a muslim. Allah forgives all sins except that of shirk (if a person dies before repenting) All other sins allah may forgive if he so wills. ie muslims who commit major sins like drinking alcohol or theft may be brought to account for this on the day of judgement and punished or allah may forgive them. However providing the die in a state of faith they will not be punished eternally like those who associate false deitys with allah, when allah has purified the sinful believers from their sins he will remove them from the hellfire and enter them into paradise. When a person embraces islam all his previous sins are wiped out and he starts with a clean slate, after that every good deed he does is multiplied from ten to 700 to many more times than that where as a sin only counts as one bad deed. Acheiving forgivness in islam is easy. There is no need for some one to die for your sins or any thing of that nature. All a beliver has to do is to repent sincerely from what he has done feeling regret in his heart, make an intention not to do it again and ask allah for forgiveness. There is no orginal inherited sin in islam. Yes adam a.s commited an error eating from the tree but he made repentance and allah forgave him. There was no passing down to the rest of mankind his sin requiring a crucifiction(Notice it has the word fiction in it). My advice to you brother is to accept islam and be happy with the glad tidings that all your sins have been wiped clean. If after accepting islam you make an error, (we're all human we make mistakes) just make repentance to your creator simple as that. i pray that allah gives you guidance brthr
          "My servants, you who have transgressed against yourselves, do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Truly Allah forgives all wrong actions. He is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Merciful." (Surat az-Zumar: 53)

Comment

How do I know the truth? Do I just read the Qur'an then I'm saved?
            It iby the Infinite Mercvy, Compassion and Grace of Allah subhanu wa'talaa that we can be saved. Good Deeds are a testimony of faith.
            "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

" How can the one who chooses a hour of Haraam pleasure, above the eternal pleasure of Jannah, ever be considered as sane? "
            -Ibn Al Qayyim

Beneficial Database of Islamic Books and Media: www.Islamhouse.com
            Interested in Islam : www.islamreligion.com ; www.islam-guide.com

Comment

This might be a dumb question but why are most people who believe in Qur'an Muslim? and why do terrorists claim they believe in the Qur'an?
              Please tell us first what do you believe in?
              Earth is not a place to make life perfect. So please never complain.

Perfect and Happy life can only be in Paradise. Have Patience. :banan:

Comment

I'm christian but I like to be able to test my faith. I wanted to see if anyone on here could have convinced me why I should become Muslim. I really put my beliefs aside to see if the Qur'an might make more since. I wanted to better understand their beliefs and where they come from so that I can really talk to them instead of just telling them they're wrong. To sum it all up I believe 100 percent that Jesus Christ died so that we can live. I can now say that I have a personal relationship with him 1 on 1 and I would encourage everyone to talk to him because he is very much alive right now! :)

Comment

I'm christian but I like to be able to test my faith. I wanted to see if anyone on here could have convinced me why I should become Muslim. I really put my beliefs aside to see if the Qur'an might make more since. I wanted to better understand their beliefs and where they come from so that I can really talk to them instead of just telling them they're wrong. To sum it all up I believe 100 percent that Jesus Christ died so that we can live. I can now say that I have a personal relationship with him 1 on 1 and I would encourage everyone to talk to him because he is very much alive right now! :)
                  CONCEPT OF GOD IN CHRISTIANITY

I) Position of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam:

(i)Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

(ii) We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).

(iii) We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

(iv) We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

(v) We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

(iv) We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

II) Concept of God in Christianity:

1. Jesus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity

One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? The major difference between Islam and Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

(i) "My Father is greater than I."
                  [The Bible, John 14:28]

(ii) "My Father is greater than all."
                  [The Bible, John 10:29]

(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."
                  [The Bible, Mathew 12:28]

(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."
                  [The Bible, Luke 11:20]

(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."
                  [The Bible, John 5:30]

2. The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."
                  [The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]

3. God Sent Jesus' (pbuh)

The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus (pbuh) mission in the following verses:

(i)"… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."
                  [The Bible, John 14:24]

(ii)"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."
                  [The Bible, John 17:3]

4. Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity

Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’

And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "
                  [The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]

Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus (pbuh) would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed striking to note the difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Christian dogma of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh).

5. Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God

The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.

"Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."

[The Bible, Acts 2:22]

6. The First Commandment is that God is One

The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."

This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:

"Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."
                  [The Bible, Mark 12:29]

It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.

Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God.

NOTE: All quotations of the Bible are taken from the King James Version.

III) Concept of God in Old Testament:

1. God is One

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".
                  It is a Hebrew quotation which means:
                  "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"
                  [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."
                  [The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."
                  [The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."
                  [The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

3. Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
                  [The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."
                  [The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]

Comment

Do you need something from Quran too brother?? I have many.

Comment

Allah defines Quran as being guidance if i remember correctly. There is a verse about it.

Comment

Strictly speaking according to christianity Jesus died to cleanse the sin of humans, not so that we could continue living.

According to Islam, Jesus who we call Isa(A) lives.

Comment

In Islam we believe jesus pbuh is alive and has been raised to the heavens physically. He will return to earth before day of judgment to kill dajjal.

He will also testify against those who claim he is the son of God or who claim he is God on the day of judgement

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
                            You just have to be sincere. That's all it takes. Allah will guide you Himself.
                            This is a great piece of advice. A sincere desire to reach the truth was all I really had when I embarked on this amazing journey. Allah has guided me, has put people in my life who have been instrumental. He has shown me the truth through his love and his mercy.

Comment

The Noble Quran is The Message from your Creator who designed you and your beautiful body parts and brought you to existence when you never existed before and he is the One The All Mighty who fed you when no one can feed (in your Moms Womb ) and made you to breathe even in your Moms womb and he is the one who gave you strength when you were so weak that you cannot turn yourselves when you were a new born and to whom you will return after death .

So this life is an exam or a test which every human has to pass through and the Message of the Noble Quran is to help you pass this test successfully for both your this world and your eternal happiness without any pain or difficulty in the hereafter which is hidden like this world you live now which was also once was hidden to you when you were in your Mom's Womb which you would never imagined will be so big with great light and with even 1000's of foods when you still lived and slept comfortably in your Mums womb.

So Your Lord Loves you and sent a Message to you, will you not try to understand a letter if a your loving friend sends it to you though it was written a language you did not Know ? So that's why Read the Noble Quran which is the ONLY UNALTERED and Last or Latest SCRIPTURE IN ITS OWN LANGUAGE OF REVELATION unlike other scriptures that are outdated, altered and lost from their originality which were also from the same Creator of yours ( Noble Quran says that too ).
                              . This is why you Must Read it first but believing it is upto your conscience and your quest to find your Creator.:D
                              My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

the Qur an has many deep meanings and not everything is literal in it also its about honour of prophet muhammad (sws) and also A guide for us to the Path of those whome allah will show his mery upon: likes of

Sheykh Abdul quadir Jilani and Khawaja Garib nawaz (R.A)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X