Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• friday prayer while traveling

Assalamu alaikum!

I'm a guy and as such it is obligatory for me to attend the Jumu'ah prayer. However, I've always had an appetite for adventure and traveling is my big passion. This worries me, because in the future I may travel to countries that are not Muslim and have few or no Mosques at all. My question is, what does Islam say regarding traveling and Friday prayers? What does one do in such situations where he's away from home and has no Mosque nearby to offer the prayer? I've read online that congregational prayer is not obligatory during the journey, but is that considered for business oriented journeys or for leisure/experience journeys too? I also enjoy outdoor activities and love being outside and one of my dreams is to hike the Himalaya. If by small chance I ever get the opportunity to do that, what should I do in such situation? The hike is around 18 days and I doubt there are Mosques up there.

Thank you for reading and your answers

Wassalam

Re: friday prayer while traveling

Walaikum salam wr wb

Think its not a fard for Serious hectic Travellers but such people must pray as zuhar but shortened (Qasr). Even during travelling try not to miss it continuously more than 2 times. Must make it to a Congregation anyhow the 3 rd time since some hadith said that leaving it 3 times continuously will take you out of Islam . Except in case of serious disease .

but more answers are awaited
    My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X