What does this mean in Arabic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this mean in Arabic?

This is the Kalima/Shahada I was taught as a kid. My mom never told me what it means, so I'm wondering.

La illaha ilallah (No God, but Allah)
    Mohammadur Rasoolullah (Hz.Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah)
    Aliyun Wali ullah (?)
    Wasiun Rasoolullah (?)
    Wa Khalifatu Billa Fasl (?)
    Nice being here, but better I delete this account to study. Nice meeting y'all!
    Maybe I'll be back someday...

Re: What does this mean in Arabic?

sounds shia "ali is the wali of Allah"?

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
      Yes.
      It's shia. I have seen people recite this in prayers.
      http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

Yeah, I was raised Rafizi. When I first saw a video of a convert on YouTube saying the Shahada without saying Ali's (ra) name, I freaked out (lol)

Comment

You should just say how the general Muslim Ummah says it. Ash ha du an Illa ha Illallah wa Ash ha du anna Muhammadan Abdu hu wa Rasulluhu.
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
            It means "Ali is the viceroy of God" and it is part of the Shia shahada.
            Like Isa(as) would be aghast and horrified if he knew he was being worshipped as a God by billions of people, Ali(ra) would be horrified if he knew he had been semi-deified and that those who claimed to follow him cursed the companions(ra) regularly.

May Allah protect us from such deviance
            Last edited by Abd al-Rahman; 05-02-15, 12:28 AM.
            وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
            They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Comment

Originally posted by bolani muslim View Post
              Yeah, I was raised Rafizi. When I first saw a video of a convert on YouTube saying the Shahada without saying Ali's (ra) name, I freaked out (lol)
              Wow. Mr Ali is put into the Shahada.
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

So if 'Aliun Waliullah' means Ali is the viceroy of Allah, then what does the others mean?
                Wasiun Rasoolullah
                Wa Khalifatu Billa Fasl

Comment

Why don't you leave the Shirk of Shia'ism and come back to Islam?
                  Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

next time post in the correct section or your thread will be deleted
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

It's pretty sick though how in Shiaism they are so obsessed with Ali (ra) that they mention and reference him in day-to-day-life and in worship as if he were still alive. Let him have his peace like Abu Bakr (ra), Umar (ra), Uthman (ra) etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bolani muslim View Post
                        La illaha ilallah (No God, but Allah)
                        Mohammadur Rasoolullah (Hz.Mohammad is the Messenger of Allah)
                        Aliyun Wali ullah (?)
                        Wasiun Rasoolullah (?)
                        Wa Khalifatu Billa Fasl (?)
                        Ali is wali of Allah/ friend of Allah
                        the true successor of Rasulullah
                        and his first caliph
                        :GB_bonesrock:
                        And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by Harun1004 View Post
                          It's pretty sick though how in Shiaism they are so obsessed with Ali (ra) that they mention and reference him in day-to-day-life and in worship as if he were still alive. Let him have his peace like Abu Bakr (ra), Umar (ra), Uthman (ra) etc.
                          an authentic hadith said that Ali to Rasul is like Aaron to Moses, only there is no Prophet after Muhammad (saaw). amd another hadith said that no one love Ali unless the people of faith and no one hate him unless the hypocrites.

we also love the 4 caliphs and we passionately referenced them in day to day as if they were alive.

a bit off topic comparison ;
                          our salah is invalid unless we recite darood to Rasulullah and his ahlul bayt, suffice to say this is the virtue of ahlulbayt itself. yet some sunnis mistaken that to love ahlulbayt is Shi'ism. (also remember that Jafar as Sadiq is descendant of ahlulbayt and he's the fiqh teacher of Imam Abu Hanifa and Imam Malik. yet Jafar as Sadiq despised Rafidhi)

the love toward Ali and Ahlulbayt (as) itself is not the real problem. to love them is sunnah not shi'ism. even in shia, those who considers Ali as god or prophet is kaafir apostate. our differences with them are rather the Rasul's successor issue, the imamate, and the rejection toward 3 first caliphs where shias accusing them of treachery and some evildoings (God forbid). shia may have some ghulw in loving these figures and we don't follow that attitude, but to love Ali and ahlulbayt itself is not Shi'ism.
                          Last edited by Ariadne; 06-02-15, 06:46 PM.
                          :GB_bonesrock:
                          And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

^Thanks, I'm not Shia anymore, I was just curious what I was saying for all those years. I see the Ghuloo on a daily basis with my parents.
                            PS. Sorry for posting in the wrong section, didn't know.

Comment

:ahb:
                              Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds. No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first [among you] of the Muslims."(Al-'An`ām, 162-163)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X