X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: islam and marriage of underage girls

Originally posted by aries View Post
    but it troubles like how askimam still agrees with the practice today
    Agreeing does not mean he is encouraging that.

There is something that is allowed , but at the same time its not compulsory.

These are allowed by Allah ( swt ) because humans are different from each other & circumstances are different for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
      i hear 13 year olds who are sexually active so I am sure they can marry and grow with their spouse...
      Yes , its possible , but do not think many would do.

Comment

really people, ok getting married so young has negative effects, as someone said they lose their childhood, second marriage is a huge responsibility and I'm not sure someone so young can take that burden. and as I said before, I disagree with being sexually active at a young age

Comment

really people, ok getting married so young has negative effects, as someone said they lose their childhood, second marriage is a huge responsibility and I'm not sure someone so young can take that burden. and as I said before, I disagree with being sexually active at a young age
          All your concerns have been answered already

Comment

well I mean today its not right I understand back then

Comment

well I mean today its not right I understand back then
              That concern specifically has been answered in detail

Comment

is it really permissible I read this:
                Such determination of sexual maturity is a matter of subjective judgment, and there is a strong belief among most Muslims and scholars, based on Sharia, that marrying a girl less than 13 years old is an acceptable practice for Muslims
                and this:

Therefore, making mention of the waiting-period for the girls who have not yet menstruated, clearly proves that it is not only permissible to give away the girl in marriage at this age but it is also permissible for the husband to consummate marriage with her.
                nothing wrong in marrying pubercent girls with their parents consent if the times and culture is right, or even non-pubercent girls [9 years old?] as parents give consent for minor girls]

Comment

First of all, what is an "under aged girl"? Where did you get that number from? Does that age apply to other countries? If said age is considered under age where your from, but not where I'm from, am I considered a "sexual predator" if I married a girl at said age? This is one of the many problems with man made laws because things become subjective.

Pretty straight forward answer here. As mentioned earlier, it is permissible. Do I agree with it? Of course I do, I'm Muslim. I wouldn't place my belief in a religion I disagreed with. Besides, this whole magic number of 18 is fairly recent as far as history is concerned. Anytime I ask colleagues at work what they think the age of consent should be, they all give different answers and when asked why that number, they can only answer with "just because it sounds right". This is why divine law trumps man made laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                    Yes , its possible , but do not think many would do.
                    >>> I think parent and girl have decision. ..
                    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity~ View Post
                      nothing wrong in marrying pubercent girls with their parents consent if the times and culture is right, or even non-pubercent girls [9 years old?] as parents give consent for minor girls]
                      Islam states that the girl must reach puberty. The term prepubescent refers to one that hasn't reached that stage yet, so marrying prepubescent girls is not permissible regardless of their parent's consent.

Comment

Originally posted by keiv View Post
                        Islam states that the girl must reach puberty. The term prepubescent refers to one that hasn't reached that stage yet, so marrying prepubescent girls is not permissible regardless of their parent's consent.
                        i'm not sure about other madhabs but in Hanafi madhab [this is the largest madhab in Islam too; more than half of the worlds muslims adhere to this] pre-pubercent girls can get married with parents consent, but once they reach puberty they can opt out of marriage if they want

Comment

Oh ok I wasn't aware of that. I guess I need to read up on it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X