Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I still repent after the Kaba'ir?

Alsalamu Alaikum,

Unfortunately, I have committed some Kaba'ir (alcohol, weed, mixing) and not performing obligatory prayers. I understand that I should not conceal my faults, but I am doing this to demonstrate the extent to which I have lost my deen. I heard that Kaba'ir are unforgivable, can I still repent? I continuously feel guilty. I think of Allah subhanahu everyday...yet everytime I think of the Greatest I feel weaker and weaker because of the shame I put myself in. I didn't even enjoy doing the wrong things and looking to replace this with halal adrenaline in this life. I always wanted great friends, but instead I mixed with the wrong friends. But it wasn't their fault, and I bear the responsibility for every influence and action I had pertained.

However, I still have hope. I heard once that hope is important in Islam. I still want to be a great woman. I'm not sure what I am meant to do right now. Do I perform Ghusl? Wash all my clothes? How do I get back to the routine of performing prayers? I'm not sure where to start...I feel absolutely lost.

I would really respect one who could recommend me books to read perhaps or advice.

Finally, if anybody decides to judge me based on my sins, don't bother because it won't make a different in this life or the hereafter. In fact, I don't think I'd care less anymore so it would be a waste of judgements. Sorry for giving a bitter warning but I feel guilty as it is.

Jazakum Allah Kheir.
    Smile ! It's Sunnah

Re: Can I still repent after the Kaba'ir?

Wa 'alaykum as Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

May Allah reward you for your intentions.

Of course you can repent sister. As long as you are alive and able to repent, you should do so :) Allah is the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. Believe that :o

In terms of praying, ghusl is only required if you are in a state of impurity. Have a look at the answers to these questions as it may help: http://islamqa.info/en/search?key=ghusl

With regards to prayer, the best time to start is now :)

You must pray your obligatory salah, that is:

Fajr: 2 rak'at
    Dhuhr: 4 rak'at
    'Asr: 4 rak'at
    Maghrib: 3 rak'at
    'Isha: 4 rak'at

Focus on praying these. There are no excuses to miss them. If it is easy for you, you should try to pray the Sunnah prayers too. If you have missed salah in the past, try and pray tahajjud.

Here's a video that explains how to pray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKblG-Zoagk
    And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Every sin is forgiveable, even major ones. For major ones you need to do sincere repentance which means
      1. You regret what you did
      2. You give it up immediately
      3. You strive to never return to it

And do good deeds they erase the bad
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
        Wa 'alaykum as Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

May Allah reward you for your intentions.

Of course you can repent sister. As long as you are alive and able to repent, you should do so :) Allah is the Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. Believe that :o

In terms of praying, ghusl is only required if you are in a state of impurity. Have a look at the answers to these questions as it may help: http://islamqa.info/en/search?key=ghusl

With regards to prayer, the best time to start is now :)

You must pray your obligatory salah, that is:

Fajr: 2 rak'at
        Dhuhr: 4 rak'at
        'Asr: 4 rak'at
        Maghrib: 3 rak'at
        'Isha: 4 rak'at

Focus on praying these. There are no excuses to miss them. If it is easy for you, you should try to pray the Sunnah prayers too. If you have missed salah in the past, try and pray tahajjud.

Here's a video that explains how to pray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKblG-Zoagk
        For her missed prayers she should calculate and make them up bit by bit, excluding the time when its her "time of the month". Though Simone may want to confirm that

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
          For her missed prayers she should calculate and make them up bit by bit, excluding the time when its her "time of the month". Though Simone may want to confirm that
          According to the scholars in the book, Fatawa Islamiyyah, you do not have to make up missed prayers due to deliberately abandoning them in the past because abandoning them is an act of disbelief according to the words of the Prophet s.a.a.w:

"The Covenant which is between us and them is the prayer, and whoever abandoned it has disbelieved." (At-Tirmithi no.2621, An-Nasi'i no.464 and Ahmad no.346,355)

"Between a man and disbelief and Shirk is abandoning the prayer." (Muslim no.82)

And there is no atonement for this except sincere repentance. (End Quote)
          "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Originally posted by Musbah View Post
            According to the scholars in the book, Fatawa Islamiyyah, you do not have to make up missed prayers due to deliberately abandoning them in the past because abandoning them is an act of disbelief according to the words of the Prophet s.a.a.w:

"The Covenant which is between us and them is the prayer, and whoever abandoned it has disbelieved." (At-Tirmithi no.2621, An-Nasi'i no.464 and Ahmad no.346,355)

"Between a man and disbelief and Shirk is abandoning the prayer." (Muslim no.82)

And there is no atonement for this except sincere repentance. (End Quote)
            Thats the salafi/hanbali position, the other madhabs say otherwise.

Comment

I know people who did A LOT more than this and they are now working in Dawa union in KSA... one of them is Napoleon, used to be with the Tupac..
              Sorry I dont carry a conversation nor an argument with a sister. I just put my point of view in general for everybody and it is up to you to take it or leave it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X