Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shahada

Salam Alaykum!

First of all excuse me for my bad english.
    I heard that the Shahada in Adhan and also the Shahada you say to become a Muslim differs between Sunnis and Shias. I wanted to ask is that right? Shias add a part about Imam Ali as. but Sunnis do not say that part. Which one is the original one? If the Shia version ist the version our Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, when did the Sunnis change it? Or if the Sunni version is the original one, why do Shias add something to it and when did they do if first? So, where does it come from?
    I am Sunni myself and say the Sunni version, I just want to know the reason why Shias added it.

I hope someone can help me InshAllah.

Re: Shahada

Originally posted by Muslim96 View Post
    Salam Alaykum!

First of all excuse me for my bad english.
    I heard that the Shahada in Adhan and also the Shahada you say to become a Muslim differs between Sunnis and Shias. I wanted to ask is that right? Shias add a part about Imam Ali as. but Sunnis do not say that part. Which one is the original one? If the Shia version ist the version our Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, when did the Sunnis change it? Or if the Sunni version is the original one, why do Shias add something to it and when did they do if first? So, where does it come from?
    I am Sunni myself and say the Sunni version, I just want to know the reason why Shias added it.

I hope someone can help me InshAllah.
    Shias do not consider that part of original Adhan. But since they have some narrations from their imams that after confessing to oneness of Allah and prophecy of Muhammad PBUH it is good to confess to Imamate of Ali, they do it for further reward. So it is not a must and part of Adhan for them too.
    I think adhan of Shias and Sunnies has one another difference too.
    This site explains it from Shia point of view http://www.al-islam.org/shiism-sunni...esy-adhan-call
    Note: I am a shia.

Comment

:wswrwb:
      The original is the 1 we Sunni recite. It came to Abdullah Ibn Zayd Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu in a dream, and Umar Ibn Al Khattab Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu also had that dream after him, which the Prophet :saw: took as a sign from Allah that it should be used and that was always the case, the shia added that stuff later on.
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

:salams

Shia are deviant and misguided bunch, they have added and subtracted so many things from Islam. Scholars have declared certain sects of Shias to be outside the folds of Islam because of heir deviant beliefs.

Real Islam is the Sunni Islam, or better known as Ahlus Sunnah wa al Jamaah.

Originally posted by ALAS View Post
        Shias do not consider that part of original Adhan. But since they have some narrations from their imams that after confessing to oneness of Allah and prophecy of Muhammad PBUH it is good to confess to Imamate of Ali, they do it for further reward. So it is not a must and part of Adhan for them too.
        I think adhan of Shias and Sunnies has one another difference too.
        This site explains it from Shia point of view http://www.al-islam.org/shiism-sunni...esy-adhan-call
        Stay away from that website. And no it is NOT good to add about Ali (RA) to the shahadah.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

AW: Re: Shahada

Thanks to all. So we do not know when they added it, or why?

Comment

Re: AW: Re: Shahada

Thanks to all. So we do not know when they added it, or why?
            Why? Most likely because they elevate the status of Ahlul Bayt to almost divine.
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

AW: Re: AW: Re: Shahada

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
              Why? Most likely because they elevate the status of Ahlul Bayt to almost divine.
              And you also know when?

Comment

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Shahada

And you also know when?
                I don't.

Comment

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Shahada

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  I don't.
                  As far as I heard , even shia scholars are against this , but just like barelvi recite darood before Azan , this is something that shias ( laymen ) also started doing.

Correct me If I am wrong.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X