Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make muslim haters understand not all muslims are radicals

salaam all,
    im new to this forum ,please make me understand,so after the sad incident in paris. People all around the world has started hating on muslims .And more n more of cartoonists are making cartoons about the holy prophet (P.B.U.H).its very sad and it hurts me alot.i try to reason with them on .i understand people are angry but its not our fault .i myself am against murder and these radicals,people in my country(pakistan) are also victims to these crimes against humanity..but people don't understand this,they start ridiculing me n my religion they say disgusting things about holy prophet (p.b.u.h) that he's a pedo n thn post some hadith mainly (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380),i searched it on google and its a bit controversial hadith people say.now to my dilemma ,how can i reason with people like these ,i am not a hater ..i want to show them not all muslims are the same,that majority of us are peace loving people?thanks and sorry in advance if i post this in a wrong section(Im new here).thank u and pls forgive me if u find my conundrum stupid or offensive i just didnt know where to ask people about this

Re: How to make muslim haters understand not all muslims are radicals

You don't need to do anything. You didn't do anything wrong. Anyone that says you should apologise for what happened then ask them to apologist for brevik attacks in norway.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I'm sorry you are going through this! I'm not a Muslim, so I can't imagine how you feel.

However, I do believe that instead of striking back negatively towards those who mock religion, you should instead do positive things and prove that Muslims and Islam is not bad. You can do this trough your actions. Speak positively, do positive things in your community. Feed the poor, plant trees, help orphans. Don't spread hatred.

At the end of the day leave a positive legacy on mankind. That's what you do.

Comment

cherrry ann

is planting trees while muslims are getting killed by europeans and americans going to show the europeans and americans that muslims are good people?

when the messenger of Allah is insulted, you are saying we should plant a tree?

interestingly enough, when muslims peacefully condemned the british military for their atrocities, their "freedom of speech" was not protected
        .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
        نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
        دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
          cherrry ann

is planting trees while muslims are getting killed by europeans and americans going to show the europeans and americans that muslims are good people?

when the messenger of Allah is insulted, you are saying we should plant a tree?

interestingly enough, when muslims peacefully condemned the british military for their atrocities, their "freedom of speech" was not protected
          Akhi don't condescend her.

She has a valid point that actions speak louder than words.

People threatening and using violence against these cartoonists are doing exactly what the cartoonists want i.e. suggesting that all muslims are violent and hateful.

don't get me wrong it angers me what these people are doing. but those that retaliate in this way are in some ways no better.
          Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

Originally posted by -qed- View Post
            Akhi don't condescend her.

She has a valid point that actions speak louder than words.

People threatening and using violence against these cartoonists are doing exactly what the cartoonists want i.e. suggesting that all muslims are violent and hateful.

don't get me wrong it angers me what these people are doing. but those that retaliate in this way are in some ways no better.
            i didnt know condescend was a verb, (gotta look that one up, later)

i will just repost here what was posted in the other thread, you and cherry can marinate on that for a moment

This belief that blasphemy towards to the beloved Prophet SAW is "not a big deal" is utterly disgusting. We have this western idea that honor and respect aren't significant and that to destroy one's honor is no big deal when you live in such a shameless society.

Across the world, things that may seem minor such as spitting on a person or throwing a shoe at them is seen as the ultimate form of disrespect. It is NOT like giving the middle finger. People do that to their own friends. In a society where respect is disregarded, we wouldn't see these things as a big problem.

Fornication is seen as a major crime because it is a form of dishonor and disrespect. Chastity is held in high regards because it shows that we are WORTH something and we are honorable and respected.

Hijab is not just a command of our Lord. It's modesty purposes extends not only to cover our beauty, but to show that we are above the kuffar and their lack of respect for themselves.

So to think that blaspheming the Auliyah of Allah SAW is insignificant is not only disgusting, but disrespectful and shows a lack of love for him SAW when we are to love him more than our own mothers.

This is not about ‪#‎CharlieHebdo‬ and ‪#‎JeSuisCharlie‬, though that is what brought upon the discussion. This is about seeing disrespect towards Rasul Allah SAW as something insignificant. This is about apologetic Muslims thinking that Islam is passive and we should love thy enemy. This is about the weakness of the Ummah and their inability to stand up to the kuffar and assert themselves when they have been wronged. This is about those Muslims who continuously change the message of Islam and make it seem as if it is something that needs to be protected. And this is ESPECIALLY to those Muslims who change Islam and conform to appeal to the kuffar.

We are not endorsing the attacks and supporting those that carried it out; the time and place were inappropriate. We are not attacking the non-existent ideology of ‪#‎FreedomOfSpeech‬. We are attacking those that are nonchalant about disrespect towards the Prophet SAW and those that are appealing the kuffar and those that feel that this event is somehow a setback for Islam. This event and it's aftermath is NOT a setback. The setback lies in the Ummah's weakness and conformity.

Instead of seeing this as something that allowed the kuffar to hate Muslims, which was always there, see it for what it really is: the Muslims lack of respect of the Prophet, it's lack of understanding of Islam, and it's obvious opposition to Islamic doctrine.
            and this gem

This Wednesday in a brazen broad daylight attack two masked gunmen brandishing Klashnikov assault rifles forced their way into the Paris offices of the satirical publication, Charlie Hebdo and proceeded to execute 10 of it’s staff who were at the time convened in a meeting. During the course of the attack they also killed two policeman – one of whom was executed as he lay already injured on the floor. The operation was clearly pre-planned and the ruthless efficiency with which it was carried out suggests the perpetrators had received a level of military training (these were clearly more than your average ‘Call of Duty’ aficionados).

Charlie Hebdo was no stranger to controversy, rather it deliberately courted it at every available turn. As an iconoclastic publication it regarded religion as very much within its purview. Christianity was often the target of its particular brand of degenerate, vulgar satire but it seems what brought about this act of bloody vengeance upon it was its repeated insults – and yes that is precisely what they were – towards Islam. The publication of assorted invidious images of the Prophet (saw) as well as profane remarks about the Qur’an are what sealed the fate of Stephane Charbonnier and his staff – judging by the comments of the two attackers.

I don’t have too much to say about this incident but I will say that I find it more than a little hypocritical that the same people and publications that so vehemently champion “free speech” when it offends Muslim sensibilities are often the very same that demand more be done to close down “hate speech” (i.e. what they deem offensive) when it offends theirs. So for example, when a Muslim decided to burn a poppy on the streets of London – an act which physically harmed nobody – they demanded the individual responsible be prosecuted (he was) and remained noticeably silent about the death threats directed towards him as a result of his exercising his right to free speech and expression. Similarly when a group of Muslims held a peaceful – if vocal – protest against British military returnees from Afghanistan it seems that suddenly the “right to offend” was no longer sacrosanct. Again no mention was made of the disgraceful behaviour of the baying mob intent on physically assaulting the aforesaid peaceful protestors who were, after all, merely exercising their “sacrosanct right to offend”.

Let us see how many people are now prosecuted for “soliciting murder” apropos of the #KillallMuslims hashtag currently trending on Twitter. Previously when one Muslim proclaimed his hope to see foreign troops – viewed by vast numbers of the local population as occupiers – in Iraq killed he was prosecuted for precisely that. Let us see if a desire to murder innocent civilians is treated in the same light. I won’t be holding my breath.

As regards the special “national day of mourning” held in France to commemorate the 12 dead Charlie Hebdo employees I find myself asking why there has never been a similar outpouring of national grief to acknowledge the barbaric murder by the French police of 40 (official estimates) – 200 French Algerians in the same city back in 1961. It took some 37 years before the French government even acknowledged a massacre had taken place. Of course it will never be described as an act of terror – after all Europeans simply don’t do that, do they? You can read the salient details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_massacre_of_1961

The hypocrisy surrounding this latest incident is sadly nothing new. After the 2006 Jyllands-Posten cartoon controversy it subsequently emerged that the same paper had previously rejected a submission of satirical cartoons depicting Jesus (as). The editor’s reasoning: “I don’t think the readers of Jyllands-Posten would be pleased with the drawings. I think they would cause an outrage. That’s why I won’t use them.” So to those who drone on about Muslims being accorded special treatment: I completely agree with you. We do.

As a Muslim I don’t believe in vacuous notions of “free speech”. Speech is, and always has been, restricted by law. The question is merely of where to draw the line. I will never recognise the “right” of anyone to insult, mock or belittle any of the Prophets of Allah (swt). I acknowledge, as a matter of fact, that such a right exists under the legal codes of Western nations such as France and Britain regardless of whether I believe it should or not. While I personally restrict myself to cursing reprobates such as Charbonnier and his staff, clearly others are not inclined to such restraint but I shall refrain herein from passing comment on their actions.

I shan’t be mourning any of the dead “journalists” and their crass attempts at satire won’t be missed by me. In this I’m sure I’m far from alone. One of the dead, cartoonists Georges Wolinski, once reportedly said, “paradise is full of idiots who believe it exists”. Well Georges, hell is full idiots who believe it didn’t – as you are about to discover. Did you find that offensive? I certainly hope so. Georges would undoubtedly have approved and perhaps it’s the most fitting epitaph for someone who revelled in his merciless mockery of others. Au revoir, Charlie Hebdo!

May the peace and blessings of Allah (swt) be upon sayyidina Muhammad.
            both writers have said it better than i ever could have
            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by CherryAnn5 View Post
              I'm sorry you are going through this! I'm not a Muslim, so I can't imagine how you feel.

However, I do believe that instead of striking back negatively towards those who mock religion, you should instead do positive things and prove that Muslims and Islam is not bad. You can do this trough your actions. Speak positively, do positive things in your community. Feed the poor, plant trees, help orphans. Don't spread hatred.

At the end of the day leave a positive legacy on mankind. That's what you do.
              cherry

my apologies if i came across condescending, but sometimes, you get warn out saying the same thing over and over and over

muslims are people who submit to what God has said, from Adam to Muhammad, including Jesus, Moses, Abraham, etc, and we live by what Allah has left for mankind as guidance (in other words, the holy books and his messengers/prophets)

this is in direct contrast to any society that rejects God, God's laws, etc

so by nature, we are "radicals" whether we are facing pharaoh, caesar, or obama and netanyahu

it is pathetic when muslims remove themselves from that "radical position" and try to assimilate to a people who reject Allah and His messenger

now, lets add to that mix, the fact the europeans and americans have declared war upon any muslim who wants to re-institute the sovereign nation of Islam (independent of euromericans) and you have a combination of religous/societal differences and actual physical confrontations

not everyone is into planting trees, some folks feel that actually taking an agressive stand is what is needed

the fact that most europeans and americans do not understand the crimes their nations have committed in muslim lands is pretty much what fuels their anger against "radicals" because they think these people are just lashing out for no reason

look deeper and you may learn something
              دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
                cherry

my apologies if i came across condescending, but sometimes, you get warn out saying the same thing over and over and over

muslims are people who submit to what God has said, from Adam to Muhammad, including Jesus, Moses, Abraham, etc, and we live by what Allah has left for mankind as guidance (in other words, the holy books and his messengers/prophets)

this is in direct contrast to any society that rejects God, God's laws, etc

so by nature, we are "radicals" whether we are facing pharaoh, caesar, or obama and netanyahu

it is pathetic when muslims remove themselves from that "radical position" and try to assimilate to a people who reject Allah and His messenger

now, lets add to that mix, the fact the europeans and americans have declared war upon any muslim who wants to re-institute the sovereign nation of Islam (independent of euromericans) and you have a combination of religous/societal differences and actual physical confrontations

not everyone is into planting trees, some folks feel that actually taking an agressive stand is what is needed

the fact that most europeans and americans do not understand the crimes their nations have committed in muslim lands is pretty much what fuels their anger against "radicals" because they think these people are just lashing out for no reason

look deeper and you may learn something
                No worries, I don't feel that you were condescending :) :up:

I really, really try to stay positive all the time, plus I'm a bubbly personality....so I'm aware I am occasionally annoying

My comment about planting trees isn't about ignoring or minimizing the horrible things in the world. I was talking more about just simply doing something good for the world.

And just to add some more of my annoyingly optimistic thinking.... I am white and western and I have not declared war on you, nor do I intend to.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryAnn5 View Post
                  No worries, I don't feel that you were condescending :) :up:

I really, really try to stay positive all the time, plus I'm a bubbly personality....so I'm aware I am occasionally annoying

My comment about planting trees isn't about ignoring or minimizing the horrible things in the world. I was talking more about just simply doing something good for the world.

And just to add some more of my annoyingly optimistic thinking.... I am white and western and I have not declared war on you, nor do I intend to.
                  but the leaders of your society have

and look at it this way, the usa started bombing baghdad, killing untold amounts of innocent people, because they did not like the leader of iraq (well, thats not the real reason)

so the leadership of a nation/society dictates how others see that society

whether that leader is hitler, bush, obama, saddam, the taliban, or whoever
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Did u ever saw a German apologizing for what Helter did, they are just making identity crises
                    Sorry I dont carry a conversation nor an argument with a sister. I just put my point of view in general for everybody and it is up to you to take it or leave it.

Comment

People are going to think what they want to think, whether you're a Muslim or not. There's no getting around it. I don't get into heated debates with people because even if you lead a horse to water, you cannot make them drink. I have had so many conversation with non Muslims, and almost all of them had ended the same way. They agree with the proof and the points but simply just don't care. When I get strange looks or experience hatred, I give them a smile or say hello, and almost am always greeted with the same. I'm not apologizing for things other people do, that's simply ridiculous. Let the Sheiks make public statements denouncing the actions of people that are psychotic and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by kmalik View Post
                        salaam all,
                        im new to this forum ,please make me understand,so after the sad incident in paris. People all around the world has started hating on muslims .And more n more of cartoonists are making cartoons about the holy prophet (P.B.U.H).its very sad and it hurts me alot.i try to reason with them on .i understand people are angry but its not our fault .i myself am against murder and these radicals,people in my country(pakistan) are also victims to these crimes against humanity..but people don't understand this,they start ridiculing me n my religion they say disgusting things about holy prophet (p.b.u.h) that he's a pedo n thn post some hadith mainly (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380),i searched it on google and its a bit controversial hadith people say.now to my dilemma ,how can i reason with people like these ,i am not a hater ..i want to show them not all muslims are the same,that majority of us are peace loving people?thanks and sorry in advance if i post this in a wrong section(Im new here).thank u and pls forgive me if u find my conundrum stupid or offensive i just didnt know where to ask people about this
                        They don't care there goal is to destroy islam.
                        You think they dont know that already

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X