Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are we supposed to know if a Hadith is correct or not

in terms of authenticity

I understand that these teaching are a must to follow and understand, i'm just not too sure on how to judge their validation.

Re: How are we supposed to know if a Hadith is correct or not

Originally posted by Bindipper View Post
    in terms of authenticity

I understand that these teaching are a must to follow and understand, i'm just not too sure on how to judge their validation.
    If you have Hadeeth from Bukhari & Muslim it is authentic.

Rest , different scholars will grade them according to own criteria.

Comment

in terms of authenticity

Bukhari & Muslim all are authentic. The other books like Sunan Abu Dawood/Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi etc for the most part will have authentic narrations but they also have some weaker narrations within them.

There is a case that you can act upon weak narrations in regards to good deeds: you can read here for more information:
      http://islamqa.info/en/44877

If a hadith is considered very weak or fabricated then you reject them out right.
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

You don't have to judge their validation, Muhaditheen (hadith scholars) have already done it for you.

If you want to see a detailed understanding of how Hadith were formulated, and the sciences we use to be able to authenticate them, then this is a good book (in English) to start off with; Studies in Hadith Methodology and Literature by M. M. Azami
        A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Comment

in terms of authenticity

Best thing for anyone who is not qualified, which is most of us, is to learn from scholars/Imam at the masjid or somewhere. If not, then rely on reliable books of fiqh to learn about rulings of salaah, taharah, sawm, etc.

There are many hadiths which are not in Sahih Muslim/Bukhari, and if one doesn't know how to judge them, you have zero idea if they are authentic or not. Even for Sahih Bukhari/Muslim, just because you read at the end of a hadith [Sahih Bukhari] doesn't mean it's from Sahih Bukhari.

People can fool you with that if you don't know any better. Eve shias use hadiths from Sahihs, to make their twisted points and insult Sahabas (RA).
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

in terms of authenticity

it's simple: you don't

it takes extensive studying that not just anyone can do to determine such a thing. this is something you have to leave up to the scholars or you will be severely misguided

often, muslims look at qur'an and hadith to draw their own conclusions when both qur'an and hadith have many criteria to be taken into account, such as time and circumstance of revelation. these muslims generally have a strong dislike towards scholars merely because the scholars say something they may not agree with and do not follow the person's desires. they believe that they are somehow more qualified to judge such a matter, audhu billah

I pray that you are not of those who do this? may Allah SWT guide us on the straight path and remove the arrogance from our hearts, ameen.
            If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
            (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

If a hadith goes against your valuable opinion/ideas or if you feel it is wrong or if it goes against your lifestyle or if you just don't like it , even though it is in Sahih Bukhari or Muslim, then automatically consider it as weak/fabricated and/or question its authenticity and argue that they are not gods or whatever ~ {Ignorants}

Basically, we have the muhadditheen (Hadith scholars) who spent their whole life in this field and graded most if not all, the ahadeeth and we should just refer back to them depending on the scholars. Even the Mujaddid of the second century, Imam Al Shafi'i used to say "None of the scholars would regard this hadeeth as sound,” so he would reject it. And we have in this ummah, individuals who would question a sahih hadith when all scholars have no questions. In this case, we need to fear Allah and start studying the deen by keeping away our whims and desires.

Scholars of hadith have spent years in the 'chain of narrations' and so on, hence we can never ever 'judge' the authenticity of a hadith behind our monitor screen, not even if we have hadith books in front of us, instead we need scholars to teach us ahadeeth to understand it.

Comment

Brother this is a whole knowledge people spend their lifes studying it.
                Sorry I dont carry a conversation nor an argument with a sister. I just put my point of view in general for everybody and it is up to you to take it or leave it.

Comment

There are some basic books about Hadeeth try to read some it hard to talk about it in a forum.. would take a lot of time
                  Sorry I dont carry a conversation nor an argument with a sister. I just put my point of view in general for everybody and it is up to you to take it or leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint Radical View Post
                    it's simple: you don't

it takes extensive studying that not just anyone can do to determine such a thing. this is something you have to leave up to the scholars or you will be severely misguided

often, muslims look at qur'an and hadith to draw their own conclusions when both qur'an and hadith have many criteria to be taken into account, such as time and circumstance of revelation. these muslims generally have a strong dislike towards scholars merely because the scholars say something they may not agree with and do not follow the person's desires. they believe that they are somehow more qualified to judge such a matter, audhu billah

I pray that you are not of those who do this? may Allah SWT guide us on the straight path and remove the arrogance from our hearts, ameen.
                    I am not trying to come up with my own conclusions no need to worry, I was simply not sure how much i could trust certain narrations based on their ranking (specifically when considered good or weak)

Comment

I am not trying to come up with my own conclusions no need to worry, I was simply not sure how much i could trust certain narrations based on their ranking (specifically when considered good or weak)
                      Alhamdulillah

You can only go by what the scholars say on this matter. There really isn't anything you can do about it unless you specifically go into that field of study.
                      If Allah & his Messenger :saw: ordered us to breathe in a certain way, we would say: "سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا We hear & We obey"
                      (al-Bukhaari)

Comment

Let me make it simpler: There is something called Jarh and Ta3deel .. this has to be with the people who narrate the hadeeths. Now Muslim and Bukhari are very strict with this . It is like investigation every person who narrate the hadeeth is investigate and after that they will consider him as reliable source or not. There are books that talk about these people who narrate hadeeths and they called Kotob Al-rijal. They will check stuff like, was he known that he lies, does he forget, was he alive when the person who is he reporting from was narratiing this hadeeth and a lot a lot more. Hopefully this will give u a simple idea whats going on.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X