Mocking God and Muslims attacking other religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mocking God and Muslims attacking other religions

mocking the prophet is punishable by death but is mocking god punishable by death as well?

Re: mocking god

Probably I don't know

Comment

In the book, The Essential Pearls and Gems of Ibn Taymiyah published by Darus Salaam Publishers, they quote the Shaykh concerning this issue. Paraphrasing due to length It reads:

121. The difference between reviling Allah The Exalted and reviling the Messenger s.a.a.w and the hadd punishment in each case.

Reviling Allah is a sin only against Allah, and the hadd punishment for it may be waived by means of repentance, as in the case of adultery, theft and drinking alcohol. But reviling the Prophet s.a.a.w is a sin against both Allah and His slave, and the offence against a human being cannot be waived by means of repentance, as in the case of murder. This differentiation was made by al-Qadi Abu Ya'la.

The Prophet's reputation may be damaged by reviling because he is a human being like other human beings whose reputation and image may be tarnished by reviling and slander; and human beings will be rewarded if they are slandered by others and Allah will give them some of the good deeds of the slanderer or He may five them something from Himself as compensation for the harm they incurred as a result of slander. The one who reviles the Prophet s.a.a.w. has undermined him and shown disrespect towards him, but with regard to the Creator, He cannot be harmed or tarnished by that because He is far above any benefit or harm reaching Him, as He said according to the hadith qudsi narrated from His Messenger s.a.a.w., "O my slaves, you can never do Me any harm or bring Me any benefit." (Muslim)

Because reviling the Prophet s.a.a.w, may lead to loss of respect for him in people's minds and thus tarnish his reputation and undermine him, and it may be a cause of people being turned away from him and losing respect for him, the punishment is prescribed because of the evil consequences that result from reviling him. So the punishment is not waived by repentance, unlike the punishment for all other crimes. As for those who reviles Allah, he only harms himself and he is like the disbeliever and the apostate in the sense that if he repents, the harm that he has done to himself will be removed, so he should not be executed (after repenting)......
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Blasphemy against Religions are a big Crime that why Allah swt says in the Noble Quran something not to mock others Gods. That why Its ONLY the muslims who do not mock Jesus but they (christians ) do it regularly . Shows which is a better religion & religion of truth.
        My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
          Blasphemy against Religions are a big Crime that why Allah swt says in the Noble Quran something not to mock others Gods. That why Its ONLY the muslims who do not mock Jesus but they (christians ) do it regularly . Shows which is a better religion & religion of truth.
          :salams

The ayah doesn't say other gods, although I can see what you meant.

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّـهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّـهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِم مَّرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

Interpretation of the meaning - And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair-seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do. [6:108]

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
            :salams

The ayah doesn't say other gods, although I can see what you meant.

وَلَا تَسُبُّوا الَّذِينَ يَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللَّـهِ فَيَسُبُّوا اللَّـهَ عَدْوًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ زَيَّنَّا لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ عَمَلَهُمْ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِم مَّرْجِعُهُمْ فَيُنَبِّئُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

Interpretation of the meaning - And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair-seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do. [6:108]
            Yes, that's correct but I referred as Other' S gods but the tafsir Tafhim al-Qur'an says

The followers of the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) have been advised not to lose their balance in zeal for preaching but to remain within proper limits when engaged in discussions and polemics with the non-Muslims and to refrain from offending against their creeds and from vilifying their leaders and objects of worship, for this will repel and alienate them all the more from the Truth.

tafsir ibn abbas

(Revile not those unto whom they pray) worship (beside Allah lest they wrongfully revile Allah through ignorance) because they have no knowledge, argument; this after He told them: (Lo! you (idolaters) and that which you worship beside Allah are fuel of hell) but then this was abrogated by the verse of fighting. (Thus) as We made their religion and works seem fair to them (unto every nation) to every adherents of a religion (have We made their deed) and their religion (seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return) after they die, (and He will tell them what they used to do) in relation to their religion.
            My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Afaik muslims who are mocking Allah and REALLY mean it i.e. not by slipping tongues or if it doesn't have any other interpretation --- is counted as apostasy. And the doer gets punishment like apostates, unless he repents. May someone corrects me if I'm mistaken.
              Last edited by Ariadne; 11-01-15, 06:43 AM.
              :GB_bonesrock:
              And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                Yes, that's correct but I referred as Other' S gods but the tafsir Tafhim al-Qur'an says

The followers of the Holy Prophet (upon whom be peace) have been advised not to lose their balance in zeal for preaching but to remain within proper limits when engaged in discussions and polemics with the non-Muslims and to refrain from offending against their creeds and from vilifying their leaders and objects of worship, for this will repel and alienate them all the more from the Truth.

tafsir ibn abbas

(Revile not those unto whom they pray) worship (beside Allah lest they wrongfully revile Allah through ignorance) because they have no knowledge, argument; this after He told them: (Lo! you (idolaters) and that which you worship beside Allah are fuel of hell) but then this was abrogated by the verse of fighting. (Thus) as We made their religion and works seem fair to them (unto every nation) to every adherents of a religion (have We made their deed) and their religion (seem fair. Then unto their Lord is their return) after they die, (and He will tell them what they used to do) in relation to their religion.
                :jkk:

So it was abrogated? I'm a bit confused.

Comment

Re: 12 Killed in France for Mocking the Messenger of Allah

Originally posted by alld
                  i donno all this , thousands of innocent Muslims have been killed but you will never notice Muslims ever making cartoons of Christ or Moses or any other religious deities or their saints ,they are clear in this matter due to teachings of Islam
                  But they have destroyed mausoleums, destroying grave sites, destroying temples and other religion holy sites, building on top them, tearing them down, or destroying religious symbols. Or killing priests because they handed out bibles or caught preaching.

I have also seen horrible propaganda of various sorts towards Israel and Jewish people.

I have read many threads of muslims attacking other faiths. I never searched but I am willing to bet there are some insulting cartoons about Hinduism made by Muslims.
                  Last edited by Serada; 10-01-15, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by مسلمة View Post
                    :jkk:

So it was abrogated? I'm a bit confused.
                    It will be necessary to know the real meaning of Abrogation (as per my knowledge an inappropriate translation or no equivalent word ) if we see this verse describing abrogation from the Noble Quran itself.

Noble Quran 2:106 "Whatever verse (Revelations) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten but We bring a better one or similar to it."

Bukhari Book #60, Hadith #34
                    Narrated salama: When the Divine Revelation: "For those who can fast, they had a choice either fast, or feed a poor for every day,"
                    (2.184) was revealed, it was permissible for one to give a ransom and give up fasting, till the Verse succeeding it was revealed and abrogated it''. .

So does the word ' Abrogate 'in the above hadith of Salama, did it meant cancelling 100% or throwing the part of so called, abrogated verse 2:184 from the Noble Quran below ? No, that's clear from a real example about obligatory fasting

Noble Quran 2:184 ''(Fasting) for a fixed number of days; but if any of you is ill, or on a journey, the prescribed number (Should be made up) from days later. For those who can do it (With hardship), is a ransom, the feeding of one that is indigent. But he that will give more, of his own free will,- it is better for him. And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.''

Which means for those who can leave their fast on valid reasons which is allowed by substituting by feeding the poor are still ADVISED and stressed by the next & last part of the verse (so called verse of abrogation) that its still will be better if they fast than giving ransom .

So this is what meant by hadith of Salama (raa anha) who refers as in her words ''till the Verse succeeding it was revealed and abrogated it.
                    So i think in 6:108 about mocking other's gods is Abrogated in the sense though Muslims were ordered to follow restriction but when a battle (refered as fighting in tafsir) is inevitable those restrictions were not applicable.

Allah knows the best.

Note : To know about verses of wine being abrogated step bt step read post # 17
                    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...63#post6080163
                    My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

i am not into politics , I know Islam is clear on this matter , if you agree it is ok , not agree , it is ok for me , Islam is very clear about not destroying places of worship or killing innocents
                      By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

Comment

Originally posted by alld View Post
                        i am not into politics , I know Islam is clear on this matter , if you agree it is ok , not agree , it is ok for me , Islam is very clear about not destroying places of worship or killing innocents
                        Muslims don't seem to ages with your point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by alld
                          Prophet Muhammad's attitude to freedom of speech. Critics often quote instances from the early history of Islam, where criminals' intents on disrupting peace and harmony were punished.

These are sometimes depicted as denying freedom of speech. But the fact is that the Prophet never wanted to curtail people's freedom of speech as long as this right was not grossly misused.

He never retaliated against those who personally insulted him. He did not seek vengeance on them. And in one instance, at least, it appears that he did not tell his Companions until much later about a woman who was throwing garbage down on him out of her upstairs window. He kept silent, some believe, because he was afraid that someone would take matter into their own hands and teach the woman a lesson.

In conclusion, I would like to underscore the fact that the basic human right of freedom of speech has its limits. We need to recognize that any right or freedom ends where it starts infringing upon the rights and freedoms of others.

And particularly, we may note that a basic human right may not be misused for the destruction of the rights of others. And often, lampooning words or cartoons can be just as hurting, degrading, and threatening as violent physical force.
                          It was his :saw: 's right to forgive or not. Some he let be, others were dealt with because they insulted him and were instigating against Islam. There is no full freedom of speech,in an Islamic state you would never be allowed to insult any aspect of the religion or Allah & his Messenger :saw:
                          Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Serada View Post
                            But they have destroyed mausoleums, destroying grave sites, destroying temples and other religion holy sites, building on top them, tearing them down, or destroying religious symbols. Or killing priests because they handed out bibles or caught preaching.

I have also seen horrible propaganda of various sorts towards Israel and Jewish people.

I have read many threads of muslims attacking other faiths. I never searched but I am willing to bet there are some insulting cartoons about Hinduism made by Muslims.
                            serada, again, your view is skewed

muslims are not to make fun of anyone's "gods", however, we are commanded to be firm against other "gods" besides Allah

jews and christians worship the same "god" as the muslims, the god of Abraham, Jesus, Moses, Muhammad is the same God, Allah

hindus and others worship completely false gods, and we are instructed to inform them of such, and maybe even destroy them (thats a legal decision) because there is no sin greater for mankind to commit than to create and worship gods other than Allah
                            .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                            نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                            دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Serada View Post
                              Muslims don't seem to ages with your point of view.
                              they may be liberals have their own independent opinion on every matters -personal views , but i am in love with my faith ,why should i care when i know my faith
                              By the Time! Man is surely in loss, except those who believed and did good works, and exhorted one another to Truth, and exhorted one another to patience.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X