• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikha’eel
    replied
    Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
    Is it mandatory to say alayhis salam for the other prophets?

Honestly, i don't know, but i would assume at the very least its strongly recommended one should do so, because they are the best of humans that ever set foot on this earth and deserve respect.

Also afollow up to saying :saw: after the Prophet's name:

http://islamqa.info/en/23274

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    We say :saw: after the Prophet Muhammad :saw: , at least the first time we hear/say his name because that is mandatory and after that it is recommended you do.
    alayhis salaam (peace be upon him ) after the other Prophets, because they are the best of all creation and its not befitting for us to mention their names and not send the peace and blessings of Allah upon them.

Like wise we say :
    Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu (male ) / radhi yAllaahu 'anhaa (female ) after the names of the companions, because we have verses in Quran which say Allah is pleased with them and they with him. Its not mandatory from what i know, but it doesn't befit us not to say it given Allah 's pleasure with them and their noble status within this religion.

Subhaanahu wa ta'aala or a few other terms we only use in regards to when we say the name of Allah - we mention his name and add that or some other words of which glorify/exalt and praise his majesty.

Read this page:
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/musli...55802884444453
    Is it mandatory to say alayhis salam for the other prophets?

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
    We say :saw: after the Prophet Muhammad :saw: , at least the first time we hear/say his name because that is mandatory and after that it is recommended you do.
    alayhis salaam (peace be upon him ) after the other Prophets, because they are the best of all creation and its not befitting for us to mention their names and not send the peace and blessings of Allah upon them.

Like wise we say :
    Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu (male ) / radhi yAllaahu 'anhaa (female ) after the names of the companions, because we have verses in Quran which say Allah is pleased with them and they with him. Its not mandatory from what i know, but it doesn't befit us not to say it given Allah 's pleasure with them and their noble status within this religion.

Subhaanahu wa ta'aala or a few other terms we only use in regards to when we say the name of Allah - we mention his name and add that or some other words of which glorify/exalt and praise his majesty.

Read this page:
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Mikha’eel
    replied

I don't quite understand the honorifics and seems arbitrary except Prophet Muhammad saw because I think we are supposed to add blessings to his name (Also, is this Fard and where did it come from?) .
    Also, it seems the honorifics are in terms of ranking. So, it is wrong give peace and blessings unto someone who isn't the Prophet saw?
    Please explain.

Like wise we say :

Read this page:

Leave a comment:

• Musicisme656
    replied

someone help the man and answer his question

Leave a comment:

• Fragile
    replied

No one here... Wheres the answers?

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Bump

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Bump

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Hanasaeed View Post
    Lol, dont worry I think it was another user,
    kmio or something. Both your usernames are very similar
    You got me worried for a moment.

Leave a comment:

• patient believer
    replied

Whaat? Why would I get banned? :O

Now I am kinda worried and nervous :(
    Lol, dont worry I think it was another user,
    kmio or something. Both your usernames are very similar

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Now I am kinda worried and nervous :(
    Last edited by Kiro; 07-01-15, 07:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    replied

Originally posted by Hanasaeed View Post
    Didn't you get banned
    Whaat? Why would I get banned? :O

Leave a comment:

• patient believer
    replied

I don't quite understand the honorifics and seems arbitrary except Prophet Muhammad saw because I think we are supposed to add to bless his name (Also, is this Fard and where did it come from?) .
    Also, it seems the honorifics are in terms of ranking. So, it is wrong give peace and blessings unto someone who isn't the Prophet saw?
    Please explain.
    Didn't you get banned

Leave a comment:

• Kiro
    started a topic Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

I don't quite understand the honorifics and seems arbitrary except Prophet Muhammad saw because I think we are supposed to add blessings to his name (Also, is this Fard and where did it come from?) .
    Please explain.
    Last edited by Kiro; 07-01-15, 07:30 PM.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X