Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

    I don't quite understand the honorifics and seems arbitrary except Prophet Muhammad saw because I think we are supposed to add blessings to his name (Also, is this Fard and where did it come from?) .
    Also, it seems the honorifics are in terms of ranking. So, it is wrong give peace and blessings unto someone who isn't the Prophet saw?
    Please explain.
    Last edited by Kiro; 07-01-15, 07:30 PM.
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

    Ephemeral reader

  • #2
    Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

    Originally posted by Kiro View Post
    I don't quite understand the honorifics and seems arbitrary except Prophet Muhammad saw because I think we are supposed to add to bless his name (Also, is this Fard and where did it come from?) .
    Also, it seems the honorifics are in terms of ranking. So, it is wrong give peace and blessings unto someone who isn't the Prophet saw?
    Please explain.
    Didn't you get banned
    Ya Allah,
    Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
    "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

      Originally posted by Hanasaeed View Post
      Didn't you get banned
      Whaat? Why would I get banned? :O
      https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

      Ephemeral reader

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics


        Now I am kinda worried and nervous :(
        Last edited by Kiro; 07-01-15, 07:28 PM.
        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

        Ephemeral reader

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

          Originally posted by Kiro View Post
          Whaat? Why would I get banned? :O
          Originally posted by Kiro View Post

          Now I am kinda worried and nervous :(
          Lol, dont worry I think it was another user,
          kmio or something. Both your usernames are very similar
          Ya Allah,
          Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
          "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

            Originally posted by Hanasaeed View Post
            Lol, dont worry I think it was another user,
            kmio or something. Both your usernames are very similar
            You got me worried for a moment.
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

            Ephemeral reader

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

              Bump
              https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

              Ephemeral reader

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                Bump
                https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

                Ephemeral reader

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                  No one here... Wheres the answers?
                  I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                  Guide me on your path to your janna,
                  Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,


                  :love:Allah:love:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                    someone help the man and answer his question

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                      Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                      I don't quite understand the honorifics and seems arbitrary except Prophet Muhammad saw because I think we are supposed to add blessings to his name (Also, is this Fard and where did it come from?) .
                      Also, it seems the honorifics are in terms of ranking. So, it is wrong give peace and blessings unto someone who isn't the Prophet saw?
                      Please explain.

                      We say :saw: after the Prophet Muhammad :saw: , at least the first time we hear/say his name because that is mandatory and after that it is recommended you do.
                      alayhis salaam (peace be upon him ) after the other Prophets, because they are the best of all creation and its not befitting for us to mention their names and not send the peace and blessings of Allah upon them.

                      Like wise we say :
                      Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu (male ) / radhi yAllaahu 'anhaa (female ) after the names of the companions, because we have verses in Quran which say Allah is pleased with them and they with him. Its not mandatory from what i know, but it doesn't befit us not to say it given Allah 's pleasure with them and their noble status within this religion.

                      Subhaanahu wa ta'aala or a few other terms we only use in regards to when we say the name of Allah - we mention his name and add that or some other words of which glorify/exalt and praise his majesty.

                      Read this page:
                      https://www.facebook.com/notes/musli...55802884444453
                      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

                      How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

                      Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                        Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                        We say :saw: after the Prophet Muhammad :saw: , at least the first time we hear/say his name because that is mandatory and after that it is recommended you do.
                        alayhis salaam (peace be upon him ) after the other Prophets, because they are the best of all creation and its not befitting for us to mention their names and not send the peace and blessings of Allah upon them.

                        Like wise we say :
                        Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu (male ) / radhi yAllaahu 'anhaa (female ) after the names of the companions, because we have verses in Quran which say Allah is pleased with them and they with him. Its not mandatory from what i know, but it doesn't befit us not to say it given Allah 's pleasure with them and their noble status within this religion.

                        Subhaanahu wa ta'aala or a few other terms we only use in regards to when we say the name of Allah - we mention his name and add that or some other words of which glorify/exalt and praise his majesty.

                        Read this page:
                        https://www.facebook.com/notes/musli...55802884444453
                        Thank you.
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

                        Ephemeral reader

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                          Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                          We say :saw: after the Prophet Muhammad :saw: , at least the first time we hear/say his name because that is mandatory and after that it is recommended you do.
                          alayhis salaam (peace be upon him ) after the other Prophets, because they are the best of all creation and its not befitting for us to mention their names and not send the peace and blessings of Allah upon them.

                          Like wise we say :
                          Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu (male ) / radhi yAllaahu 'anhaa (female ) after the names of the companions, because we have verses in Quran which say Allah is pleased with them and they with him. Its not mandatory from what i know, but it doesn't befit us not to say it given Allah 's pleasure with them and their noble status within this religion.

                          Subhaanahu wa ta'aala or a few other terms we only use in regards to when we say the name of Allah - we mention his name and add that or some other words of which glorify/exalt and praise his majesty.

                          Read this page:
                          https://www.facebook.com/notes/musli...55802884444453
                          Is it mandatory to say alayhis salam for the other prophets?
                          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

                          Ephemeral reader

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Educate me: Islamic Honorifics

                            Originally posted by Kiro View Post
                            Is it mandatory to say alayhis salam for the other prophets?

                            Honestly, i don't know, but i would assume at the very least its strongly recommended one should do so, because they are the best of humans that ever set foot on this earth and deserve respect.

                            Also afollow up to saying :saw: after the Prophet's name:

                            http://islamqa.info/en/23274
                            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

                            How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

                            Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

                            Comment

                            Collapse

                            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                            Working...
                            X