Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imam says Haram, but his "madh'hab" says Makrooh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Imam says Haram, but his "madh'hab" says Makrooh?

The 4imams of madhab basically, put the epistemology and usool, and orther scholars can do ijtihad based on his basic / usool. Hence the opinion of Shafi'ie madhab doesn't always mean the one man opinion of Imam Shafi'ie. But it has been filtered by mujathids of the madhab using the imam's usool methodology, and there are several levels of mujtahid within the madhab itself, the highest of them is the mujtahid mutlaq. So it's not as simple as some random junior sheikh coming and saying that imam shafi'ie is wrong in such and such matter.

For example, there was one time when Imam Shafi made fatwa that the living can't make charity on behalf of the dead. Then Imam Nawawi corrected that stance, because there is a sahih hadith saying otherwise, and hence Imam Nawawi's opinion is accepted as the madhab opinion.

Some scholars can have differed opinions with their madhab imam, but they're folowing the usool methodology of imam.

The same goes for other madhabs, including madhabs of aqedah as well i.e. Ashari, Maturidi, and Zahiri. What is called Ashari madhab's opinion is not always consists of Imam Ashari's 100% opinion. But its body of scholarship who follows the usool methodology of Imam Ashari.

And let's admit, not anyone can be scholar. One must study strictly under the scholar who have gained ijaza from another scholar, continous with unbroken chain until Sahaba and Prophet. He must study until he has some qualifications and are qualified enough to make fatwa. It's not like any random Joe with big beard and thobe can say 'i am sheikh, i make fatwa now, so follow me' without sanad and ijaza.

Imam Abu Hanifa, for example, has sanad back to Ibn Umar, Ibn Mas'ud, and Ibn Abbas through only a short chain of tabi'ien. Imam Malik on the other hand, based his methodology from the practice/ sunnah of people of Madinah, who in his time were tabi'ien. Hence his Malik Muwatta hadith book, only have a very short chain, like 3 people or so.

Ibn mubarak once said, in Islam sanad is everything for 'ilm... Otherwise people can say anything irresponsibly about islam. In other chance he said, if someone come to you saying he is an alim but has no sanad, then you must question his deen.

AbuM i recommend you to read book by sheikh Zakharia Khandelwi "the difference of 4 madhabs", it's available online freely.
    Last edited by Ariadne; 05-01-15, 01:18 PM.
    :GB_bonesrock:
    And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Thank you for this thread. http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...les&highlight=
      Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Thanks for this thread.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...les&highlight=
        Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X