Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can oranges, vingegar etc. actually be halal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbdullahiG
    replied
    Re: Can oranges, vingegar etc. actually be halal?

maybe a 100 tonnes of orange juice may get you drunk [but even that is doubtfull as the rest of the non-alcoholic juice will render the alcohol powerless ... but no human ever will drink that will they?, unless it's willie the giant but he's only fictional! :D

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Can oranges, vingegar etc. actually be halal?

If drinking a lot of a particular liquid means you would eventually end up getting drunk, then drinking just a little of it is forbidden as well.

But I've never heard of anyone getting drunk just by drinking fruit juice, and I doubt that that would be possible. Therefore it would not be forbidden.

Allah knows best.

Leave a comment:

• Can oranges, vingegar etc. actually be halal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_by_volume), so can't we take the hadith above to state that these fruit juices are haram because in large quantities (which could mean and great amount) the alcohol would be intoxicating?

OR is it that the thing that has to be intoxicating the juice itself, but not the alcohol? As in a large amount of juice I doubt would even be consumable, if you don't manage to drink it all before it starts to leave your body. So a large amount would be defined as the greatest amount a human can physically take, which in juice would probably be to small to be intoxicating.

Could we class it as getting the alcohol from a natural process? I don't know.

Please help.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X