meaning of Hadith of bukhari shareef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meaning of Hadith of bukhari shareef

assalam walaikum brothers and sisters,i would like to know meaning of a hadith in bukhari shareef where the prophet muhammad has said "Allah will not accept the excuse of any person whose instant of death is delayed till he is sixty years of age",what is meant by such statement?I am unable to understand it?Hope for a satisfactory reply

Re: meaning of Hadith of bukhari shareef

Originally posted by ammshaikh View Post
    assalam walaikum brothers and sisters,i would like to know meaning of a hadith in bukhari shareef where the prophet muhammad has said "Allah will not accept the excuse of any person whose instant of death is delayed till he is sixty years of age",what is meant by such statement?I am unable to understand it?Hope for a satisfactory reply
    Wa'alaykumsalam,

Abu Hurairah said that the Prophet said: "Allah will not accept the excuse of any person whose instant of death is delayed till he is sixty years of age"

Basically it means like Allah has given those individuals a bigger chance to live than those who died young. 60 years in this case can mean 'long enough life' and not literally 60, when a person reaches the 'weak stage' of life. In this case, he should be full aware about Islam, he would have no excuses to be ignorant. Like, we can agree that we heard many muslims say like "I will grow beard when I'm old" or " I will wear hijab when I'm older" or "I will start praying late" or "I will go umrah wen I grow up" or " I will avoid these bad habits later" etc etc without thinking that 'no one is guaranteed long life'. So if they continue in their disobedience till they are old and do not start practicing Islam now, Allah would not accept their excuses because he was given alot of chances.

Prophet (pbuh) warned that such a person will not have the right to say on the Day of Judgment, "If Allah had given me another lease of life, I would have done good deeds," because he or she has been given a life long enough for him or her to do righteous deeds"

Just like when Allah was explaining about the people of hell, He said "And they will cry out therein, "Our Lord! Bring us out: we shall work righteousness, not the (deeds) we used to do!", to which Allah replied " Did We not give you long enough life so that he would receive admonition? and (moreover) the warner came to you. So taste ye (the fruits of your deeds): for the wrong-doers there is no helper" (Quran)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X