• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is male modeling halal ?

does anyone still watch america's next top model
    Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
    In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
    USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
    (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Thedon! View Post
      LOL yeh xDD
      Lol that's the first I've heard of this.

Originally posted by menk View Post
      of course it is halal because men are but ugly compared to women.
      There's certainly no "of course" about it. At best, you can say it's a gray area. Male models are a fitnah to women you know.

Comment

No most likely is not halal. For 1. It involves photography. 2 it leads to purchase of unnecessary stuff which is disliked. And a thing that leads to something wrong is also wrong.

Another reason not to go into modeling is because the industry is filled with homosexuality. There have been cases where male models were told to wear women's dresses. Lots of young male models in magazines now have effeminate features.

Personally i don't like the profession. Even modeling something like glasses or watches. I think it is a huge waste of money, largely a useless profession that leads to many more ills.

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
          No most likely is not halal. For 1. It involves photography. 2 it leads to purchase of unnecessary stuff which is disliked. And a thing that leads to something wrong is also wrong.

Another reason not to go into modeling is because the industry is filled with homosexuality. There have been cases where male models were told to wear women's dresses. Lots of young male models in magazines now have effeminate features.

Personally i don't like the profession. Even modeling something like glasses or watches. I think it is a huge waste of money, largely a useless profession that leads to many more ills.
          lmao that's not male modeling that's just drag/cross dressing

And photography is a fiqh issue

Comment

However I do agree about it leading to other ills

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
              lmao that's not male modeling that's just drag/cross dressing

And photography is a fiqh issue
              Mate, I, heard stories about male models being told to do it. Those that didn't lost their modeling career. Not only that but thry werr emotionally damaged too. Don't know what lse went on. Everyone knows models get exploited.

Comment

I remember watching this program on tv ages ago. It was about a woman who was a hand model. And she had like this whole regimen to keep them looking pretty. She'd moisturize with god kbows what, she wouldn't do any dishes of course and get this...she wore gloves ALL the time. Like all the time. To keep them supple and protected from the elements.
                Hard work being a hand model, it is.

Comment

i want to be a hand model .....

u know hands only ...

Comment

Originally posted by Thedon! View Post
                    dont get her gassed
                    she aint that funny
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post
                      Mate, I, heard stories about male models being told to do it. Those that didn't lost their modeling career. Not only that but thry werr emotionally damaged too. Don't know what lse went on. Everyone knows models get exploited.
                      You 'heard' stories lol... I know actual male models.

Being a male model doesn't mean dressing a female. That's drag/cross dressing.

Only way I see something bizarre being done is in some artsy lame 'modeling' for music videos or some music magazines. Otherwise male models usually get jobs wearing... *drum roll* male cloths.. underwear, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by TCKMuslima View Post
                        I remember watching this program on tv ages ago. It was about a woman who was a hand model. And she had like this whole regimen to keep them looking pretty. She'd moisturize with god kbows what, she wouldn't do any dishes of course and get this...she wore gloves ALL the time. Like all the time. To keep them supple and protected from the elements.
                        Hard work being a hand model, it is.
                        Wow... this hand modeling thing is serious lol

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                          i want to be a hand model .....

u know hands only ...
                          Better start looking after those hands now then.
                          Just remember the 3 Ms.
                          Moisturize, Manicure and Mittens.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X