Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused about a Hadith? Any help would be appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about a Hadith? Any help would be appreciated.

Assalamulaikum everyone! Just sort of confused with the hadith below, it's from Sahih Bukhari so it's definitely authentic. What does it mean exactly? Because I'm worried that it's going against the science of the solar system? The earth is the one that orbits around the sun? Thanks in advance.

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421 :
    Narrated by Abu Dhar
    The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)

Re: Confused about a Hadith? Any help would be appreciated.

:wswrwb:

What is so confusing about it?

The Earth orbits the Sun, and the Sun (as with everything created in the universe) prostrates itself under the throne of Allah . It will keep rising from the East and setting in the West until closer to the Day of Judgment, in which its path will be reversed. On that day where it rises from the West and sets in the East, the repentance of the non-believer will not be accepted.

For more info: http://islamqa.info/en/71201
    Life's actually pretty simple: you just have to enjoy it, pray, do good, refrain from bad, and respect others. Being Muslim is not a disadvantage or an advantage - it's a responsibility.
    "So patiently persevere: for verily the promise of Allah is true" (Qur'an, Surah Ar-Rum - 30:60)

Comment

Salaam, thank you for replying sis. But what? You mean it literally goes all the way to the throne to prostrate at night? Surely, we simply rotate from the sun and therefore are in darkness at night. The sun doesn't go anywhere, does it?

Comment

It does move from its place.

It's revolving in the galaxy.

Google it
        There are gems to be discovered in Quran.

Recite :saw: when you read this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hassaan333 View Post
          It does move from its place.

It's revolving in the galaxy.

Google it

Yea, the sun is not stationery the way it was thought to be. One cycle of sun circling around the galaxy can take some millions of years. As for the sun prostrating, never ever think that the sun priostrating like human beings i.e. head to floor literally. In quran it is explained that 'nothing in the universe which do not glorify Him in praise' and that even birds in the sky did dhikrullah, but we'll never understand their language or way of dhikrullah.

As for the Throne, well i read that some sufism metaphysics considered the Throne as the main axis of Universe, you may want tyo beliebe it or not. And the hadith is not meant to be scientific either... It's like a symbol of the order of universe that they abide by divine will..
          Last edited by Ariadne; 31-12-14, 01:49 AM.
          :GB_bonesrock:
          And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

The scholarly expanation. http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-a...te-to-god.html
            :GB_bonesrock:
            And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X