Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Muhammad Ali really a good role model/icon for the Muslims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is Muhammad Ali really a good role model/icon for the Muslims?

Originally posted by wifeseeker View Post
    He has done much good as a muslim man.
    The public made him a role model, he didn't put himself there.
    He is much loved by the people even today.

Can you say the above about yourself?

Don't pick on the brother.
    May Allah grant him health and be pleased with him, ameen ajma'in.

Same goes for Mike Tyson and all other Muslims (yes you too).
    Br He followed the route of fame and fortune through boxing which, as I understand is haraam?

I don't believe I'm picking on him. I'm just laying out the facts. And no, I don't hate him either. These are just points for discussion.

'Can you say the above about yourself?' I'm not looking for fame, and the good I do as a Muslim I keep strictly to myself.

Jzk

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
      so if that is your position, why did you even start this thread?

your first post stated his islamic issues, now you are going on race

you keep this nonsense up and you wont be here long
      so if that is your position, why did you even start this thread?

your first post stated his islamic issues, now you are going on race

you keep this nonsense up and you wont be here long
      Jzk Br

I understand he has done a great deal for black Americans, and hence is, in that capacity a good role model for them. That I cannot deny.

My first post discussed whether he was a good role model for Muslims based largely on his rise to fame and fortune by boxing, which I understand is haraam.

Muhammad Ali became famous for being a boxer, not for being a Muslim. Otherwise we would probably never have heard of him? These are points that are intrinsicly linked and valid points for discussion.

Once again, I'm not here to offend Muhammad Ali or anyone. I'm here to discuss valid points and facts pertaining to him.

I am sorry that you feel offended, as I'm sure you'll agree ...I haven't lied, of said anything rude to you or about the subject matter.

I am however, happy to listen to your advice and dawah.

Jzk

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamed View Post
        Br If discussing facts about a person on an open forum counts as backbiting, then surely, we're all guilty?
        well, we know that Muhammad Ali is not going to see this post, so I suppose so, yes. May Allah give us control over our tongues.

The thing is, that everything you have highlighted is/was very readily visible. Therefore you aren't really warning us, or using it as a source of advise, or anything. All we're doing on this thread is discussing HIM.
        anyway tbh brother it's kinda dangerous territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamed View Post
          Jzk Br

I understand he has done a great deal for black Americans, and hence is, in that capacity a good role model for them. That I cannot deny.

My first post discussed whether he was a good role model for Muslims based largely on his rise to fame and fortune by boxing, which I understand is haraam.

Muhammad Ali became famous for being a boxer, not for being a Muslim. Otherwise we would probably never have heard of him? These are points that are intrinsicly linked and valid points for discussion.

Once again, I'm not here to offend Muhammad Ali or anyone. I'm here to discuss valid points and facts pertaining to him.

I am sorry that you feel offended, as I'm sure you'll agree ...I haven't lied, of said anything rude to you or about the subject matter.

I am however, happy to listen to your advice and dawah.

Jzk
          its not about me feeling offended, its about muhammad ali's issues being brought up, unnecessarily

he is not a role model for muslims, NEVER has been, and that was the point of your post

he was definitely an inspiration for blacks during some very troubling times, but that was not your point

and for you to drag up issues about a man who is sick and basically out of the limelight for at least 20 years, to me, it was definitely backbiting
          .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
          نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
          دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

its not about me feeling offended, its about muhammad ali's issues being brought up, unnecessarily

he is not a role model for muslims, NEVER has been, and that was the point of your post

he was definitely an inspiration for blacks during some very troubling times, but that was not your point

and for you to drag up issues about a man who is sick and basically out of the limelight for at least 20 years, to me, it was definitely backbiting
            Br Jzk

My intention is not to drag up issues but to discuss issues. I certainly don't attack him because he is sick.
            In the same way, I would happily discuss the ethics and theories of Professor Stephen Hawkins. If I discuss or even criticise his theories or beliefs, it doesn't mean I criticise his poor health or backbite him.

Jzk for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by Foodadad View Post
              well, we know that Muhammad Ali is not going to see this post, so I suppose so, yes. May Allah give us control over our tongues.

The thing is, that everything you have highlighted is/was very readily visible. Therefore you aren't really warning us, or using it as a source of advise, or anything. All we're doing on this thread is discussing HIM.
              anyway tbh brother it's kinda dangerous territory.

Br Very good point. We can discuss something to the point where we will inevitably at some point, either praise it or criticise it. It's our intention in the subject matter that is important.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X