No announcement yet.

is Hooria a suitable name for a girl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is Hooria a suitable name for a girl?

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
    I'm not sure but I belive when hour al ayn are mentioned it says for men and it doesn't mention women
    Nope. The Quran doesn't specify it.

Comment

Originally posted by isaabnumariam
      Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them

Quran 55:56

http://www.noblequran.com/translation/surah55.html
      ???

Loving tour INTERPRETATION bro.

The word hoor is actually the plural of ahwar (applicable to man) and of haura (applicable to woman) and signifies a person having eyes characterized by hauar a special quality bestowed upon a good soul, male or female in paradise and it denotes the intense whiteness of the white part of the spiritual eye.

The Quran describes in several other verses that in paradise you will have azwaj which mean a pair or spouse or companion which means you will have spouses or companions pure and holy (mutaharratun means pure, holy).

“But give glad tidings to those who believe and work righteousness, that their portion is gardens, beneath which rivers flow. Every time they are fed with fruit there from, they say: “Why, this is what we were fed with before”, for they are given things in similitude; and they have therein companions pure (and holy); and they abide therein (forever)”. [Al-Quran 2:25]

“But those who believe and do deeds of righteousness, We shall soon admit to Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath - their eternal home; therein shall they have companions pure and holy: we shall admit them to shades, cool and ever deepening”. [Al-Quran 4:57]

Therefore the word hoor has no specific gender. Mohammad Asad has translated the word hoor as spouse and Abdullah Yusuf Ali as companion. Therefore according to some scholars a man in paradise will have a hoor that is a beautiful maiden with beautiful big and lustrous eyes and a woman in paradise will get a man with beautiful big and lustrous eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by AKMuzzle View Post
        Nope. The Quran doesn't specify it.
        Then I'm not sure exactly why but I think they're only for men

Comment

Originally posted by isaabnumariam
          Wherein both will be those (maidens) restraining their glances upon their husbands, whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them

Quran 55:56

http://www.noblequran.com/translation/surah55.html
          same verse: In these [gardens] will be mates of modest gaze, whom neither man nor invisible being will have touched ere then.

Comment

Originally posted by missmirah02 View Post
            Then I'm not sure exactly why but I think they're only for men
            Soyou dont know but youll still conclude the latter?

Do you not see how ignorant that is?

Comment

Originally posted by AKMuzzle View Post
              Soyou dont know but youll still conclude the latter?

Do you not see how ignorant that is?
              I've read reasonings as to why they are for men but I don't remember what I read hence I said I'm not sure why

Comment

You shouldn't use this name for the obvious reason that in an English speaking country cruel children will try to twist it into whore. I had to say it quite bluntly even though a few posters already allured to it.

So given the fact that it's not a common name and that it may be abused by non-muslims with evil intentions. I wouldn't name the child with this name.

Comment

I have a classmate named Hurul-Ien....

Not recommended if u live in english speaking country, though. U dont want ur daughter be called whore or horray. Ugh.
                  :GB_bonesrock:
                  And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X